Thai FM Plans First Foreign Trip 'Alphabetically'

webfact

I wonder how long and how many people he needed to come up with such a brilliant idea! Our tax paying dollars working hard for us!

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who took power last month after an overwhelming win in the July 3 election, has not yet revealed her travel schedule".

May I suggest those countries with the largest 'estimated' dog populations first, then the greatest number of chickens, pigs third, goats fourth and so on until the number of chosen animal populations equals the number of countries to be visited.

It shouldn't be "incredible India" but "incredible Thailand" as this country is much more deserving of such a label to sum it up!!!:blink:

If she is gonna do it then alphabetically please!!!!!!!!!

Sorry!!!!!:D

Seems rather obvious he was making a joke about Brunei because he is reluctant to reveal the real reason for going there, which is likely to be business related.

Why would a foreign minister go on a trip that is not business related? Or are you talking about his private business rather then the countrys' business people?

Please elaborate. Enquiring minds want to know.

I wonder how long and how many people he needed to come up with such a brilliant idea! Our tax paying dollars working hard for us!

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who took power last month after an overwhelming win in the July 3 election, has not yet revealed her travel schedule".

May I suggest those countries with the largest 'estimated' dog populations first, then the greatest number of chickens, pigs third, goats fourth and so on until the number of chosen animal populations equals the number of countries to be visited.

It shouldn't be "incredible India" but "incredible Thailand" as this country is much more deserving of such a label to sum it up!!!:blink:

Or maybe the countries with the least amount of ghosts first. Like most Thais, I would assume Prime Minister LuckyOffspring would be big on that

Edited by ES1

I don't understand the international priorities at play,

so I'll just do it 'Alphabetically'...????

Maybe he'll make to USA while Obama is still in office.

Can't decide what's important

so I'll just announce my incompetence for all to see.

Why not just wear a Giant Thaksin Head to all the meetings,

and make the international impression complete?

Edited by animatic

Oh come now...be nice and give Mr. Surapong some credit. While he might be the only ASEAN foreign minister who cannot speak English, he does know his ABCs.

Surely he can speak English. Isn't it compulsary in order to earn a degree, and aren't degrees compulsary for MP's and cabinet minsters?

Don't tell me that he may have 'bought' his qualification???:o

(Does he know where Brunei is?)

Edited by Tropicalevo

Do Thai Politicians not understand, (or care) that the rest of the world are looking at them, and judging them on their policies and actions. Do Thai politicians honestly think,(or care) that they can say and do what they like because of their position within Thailand?................................ I believe they don't give atoss what anyone thinks, (outside Thailand) why should they, they will be Euro millionaires within a few years through there 'dealings' Are they any different to other politician around the world…Sure, they are. Just nowhere near as slick, as yet they don'tneed to be….There's a good reason why people are kept dumb in Thailand. What weare seeing is Thai politicians trying their way of doing thing on the world stage.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset. Would you please stop using different fonts, please use the default forum font when posting.

Probably does not know where half of them are, as geography is not a big subject in Thailand.

LOL. It's not a subject at all. The powers that be do not want the students to know anything about the rest of the world. As I was personally told one time, "the Monks will teach the students all they need to know".

Oh come now...be nice and give Mr. Surapong some credit. While he might be the only ASEAN foreign minister who cannot speak English, he does know his ABCs.

Surely he can speak English. Isn't it compulsary in order to earn a degree, and aren't degrees compulsary for MP's and cabinet minsters?

LOL. Degree? That's no a problem at all. Twenty thousand baht will EARN you a degree.

And what is with Austria, Albania, Australia, Argentina?

Will he ever visit Zimbabwe?

The first ones in the alphabet are Afganistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa...Angola...Antarctica.......LOL

Brunei is 32nd. Prior to that, He must be visited Botswana, Benin, Bangladesh etcetcetc......

And I am paying my taxes for THIS. Ha-ha. :annoyed:

You forgot Andorra!

Thai language is the standard for 95% or more of degrees in Thailand. Most faculties offer zero courses taught in English.

The demand for degrees taught in English is quite small, and in most cases it would be a program in a Thai university which has an exchange program with offshore universities.

It is true that there have to be English lessons in almost all courses but the chances of learning even intermediate conversation skills from these lessons is very small.

Edited by scorecard

And even if he actually was able to talk to ministers in other countries in a mutual language, what would he talk about? He would explain how much he knows about other countries and how much he can teach them?

This beyond being a farce and being pathetic.