PM Yingluck Assigns Red Shirts To Deal With Protests

webfact

This country is humiliating itself before the world. This is just shy of a bill of attainder. What's next ex post facto laws? So many "laws" and "laws" that are self contradictory operating simultaneously = lawlessness.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How Sad and predictable!

The same Redshirts who thought they had a right to protest in a very nasty, illegal, bloody fashion,

are now employed to stop the legitimate protests of their own people.

you couldn't make this up,in your worst nightmare scenario!

George Orwells "Animal Farm" revisited.

Can't recall which UK group recorded the theme song for all this, but I clearly recall the title and chorus:

"The lunatics have taken over the asylum!"

Maybe we can get that played here?

Or have the reds taken over EVERY radio station by now?

Here is a link, The Fun Boy three "The Lunatics have taken over the asylum"

http://www.last.fm/music/Fun+Boy+Three/_/The+Lunatics+%28Have+Taken+Over+the+Asylum%29

An attempt to address problems before they arise/escalate-seems like a good idea to me or am I missing something?

I think you see it rather clearly.

First, this is a story only in the mind of "The Nation".

So far, the "facts" appear to be :

1 : a panel has been created by the prime minister to pro-actively address grievances

2 : the deputy secretary general to the prime minister has been put in charge of the panel

3 : members of the panel will (naturally) come from the current government and some of these officials are also UDD members

4 : the objective of pro-actively dealing with issues is to avoid protests in the first place, and

5 : should protests begin, the panel's job is to deal with the issues as fast as possible so that the protests will end as soon as possible.

That is not a sugar-coated nor demonized description, that is just what is actually in the article.

Sounds like someone had a good idea.

Tom

You obviously never read up much on 20th century Chinese history, then

An attempt to address problems before they arise/escalate-seems like a good idea to me or am I missing something?

I think you see it rather clearly.

First, this is a story only in the mind of "The Nation".

So far, the "facts" appear to be :

1 : a panel has been created by the prime minister to pro-actively address grievances

2 : the deputy secretary general to the prime minister has been put in charge of the panel

3 : members of the panel will (naturally) come from the current government and some of these officials are also UDD members

4 : the objective of pro-actively dealing with issues is to avoid protests in the first place, and

5 : should protests begin, the panel's job is to deal with the issues as fast as possible so that the protests will end as soon as possible.

That is not a sugar-coated nor demonized description, that is just what is actually in the article.

Sounds like someone had a good idea.

Tom

You obviously never read up much on 20th century Chinese history, then

edit : "nevermind"

Edited by tlansford

Another member raised what seems to me to be the key issue above....

There's nothing wrong with a government forming a panel whose mission is to listen to and respond to grievances from the public...including those who may be protesting over whatever issue....

With that as their charge, they could respond by talking, negotiating, mediating and changing government policies...

Or, they could do as has occurred lately with the television reporter who was the subject of a threats email campaign, or the folks who were roughed up at Parliament the other day when they made a symbolic political statement -- both of those episodes occurring at the hands of the Reds....

Given the way the government and its minions have been acting lately, hope for the first course seems slim.

Quote from above:

"There's nothing wrong with a government forming a panel whose mission is to listen to and respond to grievances from the public...including those who may be protesting over whatever issue...."

So why not let the processes in place do the work they were created for, including the police and the ombudsman.

Under this new move let's look at an example, we might well have a group who decide to protest that the government is not fulfilling it's electoral promises.

Next step - the red shirts (sorry official government office) people intervene.

Now please don't tell me that the red shirts (sorry official government office) are going to say ' let's all sit down and discuss this ' and we then see a properly structured discussion and then a balanced solution with a statement from the gang as follows:

- The protestors are correct, the government is not fulfilling it's electoral promises.

- The government is therefore instructed to carry out it's promises within 30 days.

A total farce and an insult to the intelligence of all Thais. Plus a disgraceful manipulation of the electorate.

By the way, what has not been stated is the actual powers of this gang.

Edited by scorecard