Thai Airways Starts Flying To Brussels

george

Thai Airways starts flying to Brussels

Commencing 17 November 2011 Brussels, Belgium will be the newest THAI destination in Europe, and the 72nd on the THAI network.

Enjoy direct service 3 times weekly onboard B777-200ER aircraft in Royal Silk Class or Economy Class with legendary Royal Orchid service, personal in flight entertainment in all seats and award winning cuisine.

TG934 departs from Bangkok each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 00:30 with early morning same day arrival in Brussels, while TG935 departs from Brussels at 13:30 on the same days with early morning arrival in Bangkok the following day.

To introduce this new service between the European and the Thai capital cities, earn bonus miles with all qualifying booking classes, or redeem Award travel with a discount.

Royal Silk Class: Earn Miles 2,000 Bonus miles per sector

Economy Class: Earn Miles: 1,000 Bonus miles per sector

Redeem Miles in Royal Silk Class: 25% Discount - 97,500 miles

Redeem miles in Economy Class: 25% Discount - 52,500 miles

-- Thai Airways Press Release 2011-09-03

http://enews.royal-orchid-plus.com/Sep11/index.php?load=content_1

Some people live in Belgium you know. Ever heard of EU (Commission, Parliament, Court of justice, court of auditors, etc) or NATO? These are all headquartered in Brussels. Being able to jump on a direct flight is very convenient for those.

And of course, the TGV, Thalys and ICE connect Brussel to Amsterdam, Paris, Koln, and more places.

A corporate news release is presented here as "news"???

It is of course true that the vast majority of journalists worldwide are lazy or ignorant, and are more than happy to accept news releases from corporations, but normally the selfsame lazy gits will at least do the minimum to turn it from a straightforward NR to a "story".

I got all excited since I need to fly to Brussels last week of October, and I'm about to book my tickets ---- but alas, the headline is wrong -- are the headlines here ever right ? They mean" Thai Airways WILL Start Flying to Brussels"

And of course, the TGV, Thalys and ICE connect Brussel to Amsterdam, Paris, Koln, and more places.

Ever tried to reach this railway station from Zaventem ( = Brussels) Airport ?

Second: when I want to go to Paris, Cologne, Amsterdam: why via Brussels ?

Edited by puipuitom

Ever tried to reach this railway station from Zaventem ( = Brussels) Airport ?

Second: when I want to go to Paris, Cologne, Amsterdam: why via Brussels ?

There's a train leaving Brussels Airport every 20 minutes direction the Brussels main train stations.

The Airport train station is INSIDE the Airport.

Be sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear

To reply to TRAFICKINGDOM and KRAPLUNG

I guess you are part of the brainwashed AngloSaxon obsession about the European Union which indeed has its heart in Brussels

Unfortunately you can no longer rule and divide

I am one of those Belgians who are happy to be born just after World War II and have experienced a life of prosperity, freedom and peace since 1945.

Yes the European institutions are expensive and bureaucratic but this "talking club" is still cheaper than the imperial wars the UK and the USA like to do in the Middle East until they become bankrupt.

I am not impressed about your negative reactions to TG opening once more - after 20 years - a flight to Brussels : we do not need people like you ....so please where you are...

To reply to TRAFICKINGDOM and KRAPLUNG

I guess you are part of the brainwashed AngloSaxon obsession about the European Union which indeed has its heart in Brussels

Unfortunately you can no longer rule and divide

I am one of those Belgians who are happy to be born just after World War II and have experienced a life of prosperity, freedom and peace since 1945.

Yes the European institutions are expensive and bureaucratic but this "talking club" is still cheaper than the imperial wars the UK and the USA like to do in the Middle East until they become bankrupt.

I am not impressed about your negative reactions to TG opening once more - after 20 years - a flight to Brussels : we do not need people like you ....so please where you are...

It's true we can no longer rule and divide. By the way....... how is your divided Belgium doing these days with no rule at all?

With the enormous air taxes from UK airports Eurostar to Brussells and a flight from there could well be a money saver

I think you've hit the nail on the head here.

The UK taxes have dramatically changed the economics of flying long haul from Asia/Australia into the UK. Its opened up EU destinations for airlines as alternatives, especially where they are well connected to the high speed rail network.

Why should anyone want to fly to Brussels? Just because it is cheap? or Just to annoy all transit travelers which need to figure out how to get to a hub like Paris, Frankfurt or Amsterdam?

I used to live 20kms from Brussels airport and left home 1h before flight departure time to fly to my customers in Munich, Hamburg, Frankfurt, London, Milano, Madrid, Lisboa.

I did drive to my customers located in Den Haag, Utrecht, Paris, Maastricht, Koln, Dusseldorf and less exotic places such as Chateauroux and Stade.

Company head quarters were in Atlanta,Georgia, USA and Sabena had a direct flight to ATL, they even had a flight to BKK before they went bankrupt.

So you are saying I should first travel to Paris, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt in order to catch a plane to Bangkok :sick:

WE have Etihad, Qatar, Jet Airways with one stop flights to BKK, Thai will not be that cheap.

A few other million people use Brussels airport also, I guess that is beyond your understanding?

Since you have no clue, how would you know anything?

Some people live in Belgium you know. Ever heard of EU (Commission, Parliament, Court of justice, court of auditors, etc) or NATO? These are all headquartered in Brussels. Being able to jump on a direct flight is very convenient for those.

Don't forget there is a NATO base in Mons, Belgium as well. Its called S.H.A.P.E. Thats where me and the misses are till 2013. So this is good news.

Going to have a look now for x-mas.

Don't forget there is a NATO base in Mons, Belgium as well. Its called S.H.A.P.E. Thats where me and the misses are till 2013. So this is good news.

Going to have a look now for x-mas.

Over 1000 pound sterling a flight. I think i'll book with someone else. I just seen on Qatar airways a flight for 734 pound. Between me and the misses we will save loads. Thai airways :bah: .