Going Ko Samet - Now Or Later?

antaray

Hi.

What's the weather now in ko Samet?

Is it raining every day or every second day?

How is the sea? Clean or not so as it uses to be in rainy season?

Does it matter when to go ko Samet - now or next 2 weeks or next month better in terms of weather and sea?

Thank you!

If your in Pattaya, dont bother with Samet, you have koh larne, you can see the weather as is the same as Pattaya, its 40 mins on the ferry and I think 40 baht, maybe 50, Samet you have to pay 200 baht as its a national park and lately most things are as expensive as Bangkok, beer, rooms, no girls so at least no hassle, I saw at the sea food stall, 5 prawns for 300 baht, medium sized red snapper 400 baht, way over the top, foot massage 300 baht on the beach.

And you go all that way and its pouring, at least with Koh Larne you can see the clouds, also Jomtien is an ok Beach.

two groups of friends went at different times in late August for between 4 and 8 days each or so ago, First time visitors to Koh Samet and they loved the island, sea clean and clear, little or no rubbish, fair prices considering it's an island, paid around B800-1000 a night for air-con rooms and had just a few evening showers and one storm. I and they both recommend the place at this time of year but you pay your money and take your choice etc.

Samet you have to pay 200 baht as its a national park and lately most things are as expensive as Bangkok, beer, rooms,

Don't let the above comments put you off.

If you WALK from the ferry to the National park entrance (about 500 m) you can enter the park without paying the 200 baht. If you take one of the pick-ups you may have to pay. Of course if you are not staying near the park entrance where there actually is a lot of accommodation, you will need the transport.

I agree with another poster that the prices seem quite reasonable for a captive market i.e. national park on an island.