Hotels With Really Soft Beds

sailaway2000

Do you have recommendations for Hotels with REALLY REALLY soft beds?

Not just softer than the normal brick hard Thai Mattress, really luxuriously soft by western standards.

My friend will be returning to Chiang Mai in November, has stayed at the Shangri La, Empress etc. so is not afraid to pay decent money for creature comforts. She liked the Shangri La a lot but the beds were still too hard.

Is it possible to rent super soft mattresses?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

It`s not how soft or hard it is, but who`s in there with you that counts.

Well, not strictly true....when someone is in there with you, it matters a lot how soft or hard it is.

I think springiness is the key factor. Beds can be hard, but springy.

Which is good, so you don' t have all the kinetic energy instantly absorbed by layers and layers of feathers. There needs to be some bounce-back. Ideally there is a point where the spring elasticity matches the combined weight placed on the surface, so you can get to a feasible frequency to achieve resonance . Hotels really should let you select a mattress on a night by night basis, after doing the math.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Whatever you do , do NOT go to Kantary Hills. Hard beds, and THE MOST uncomfortable couches i have ever sat on.

They have good imported steak though.

I love the Kantary beds! And the lounges are great!

Different strokes I guess...but a really soft bed isn't doing your back any favours.

Well, not strictly true....when someone is in there with you, it matters a lot how soft or hard it is.

Which is good, so you don' t have all the kinetic energy instantly absorbed by layers and layers of feathers. There needs to be some bounce-back. Ideally there is a point where the spring elasticity matches the combined weight placed on the surface, so you can get to a feasible frequency to achieve resonance . Hotels really should let you select a mattress on a night by night basis, after doing the math.

Can you put that in an easy way I can understand e.g. 433f568efaeb7da81b76d4294cee4ae9.png

Or similar please. biggrin.gif

Edited by uptheos

Can you put that in an easy way I can understand e.g. 433f568efaeb7da81b76d4294cee4ae9.png

Or similar please. biggrin.gif

Sure:

The natural frequency of a simple mechanical system consisting of a weight suspended by a spring is:

9b399544a04de99b6800a6d9745cc125.png

So this frequency needs to be a sane one; too fast is not achievable, too slow and you fall asleep.

Simple_harmonic_oscillator.gif

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Whatever you do , do NOT go to Kantary Hills. Hard beds, and THE MOST uncomfortable couches i have ever sat on.

Different strokes I guess...but a really soft bed isn't doing your back any favours.

Those couches are square blocks, i cannot see how anyone could find them comfortable. The position is too upright for me.

Those couches are square blocks, i cannot see how anyone could find them comfortable. The position is too upright for me.

Have you not stayed in the deluxe top notch room there then as i thought it was really soft for a bed in thailand i was pleasantly surprised .

Have you not stayed in the deluxe top notch room there then as i thought it was really soft for a bed in thailand i was pleasantly surprised .

Had some relatives in town that got 2 rooms, the 2 bedroom with living room & kitchen ...and a 1 bedroom, both beds were the same and the couches were both cubes.

I had hoped this discussion of Hotels with 'soft' mattresses would remain the serious topic it is for the woman arriving soon and who had NOT had good experiences with the 'better hotels' she's stayed at previously.

So Please!!!, if you have positive (or negative) hotel suggestions, please post them, they are appreciated.

If not........stuff it where the light don't shine. Understand?

Thanks