British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

I'd certainly entrust even a Thai judge to deliver justice before I'd trust you to do the same.

Have you a cake box stuffed with 1000thb notes under your arm?

Didn't the judges in that case refuse the bribe attempt?

As for the "guarantee of a fair trial" in the UK...what are you people smoking? Do some interviews in UK prisons and I bet you will find lots of people there who beg to differ with you about the infallibility of the British court system.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems pretty obvious from the facts presented that this guy will be found guilty.

I can't see how anyone could think otherwise.

All the inspector Clouseaus out there should realise that once you are extradited then in the vast majority of cases you will be found guilty.

Do you have any data on that or is it just a throw away comment ?

No I dont have any data it is just an observation based on my own reading of these things over the years.

Feel free to correct me if your observations are not the same.

Unlike others here you are appearing to also use logic as well as not being comically biased.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of people charged with a crimes are convicted and those involving extradition have a much much greater conviction rate as the bar is even risen higher to put the person on trial.

It seems pretty obvious from the facts presented that this guy will be found guilty.

All the inspector Clouseaus out there should realise that once you are extradited then in the vast majority of cases you will be found guilty.

No I dont have any data it is just an observation based on my own reading of these things over the years.

I just thought that maybe you had some data.

Observation is not very good with reference to extridition .If you was in the UK now Aldhouse would just be a name that you haven't heard of .

I'd certainly entrust even a Thai judge to deliver justice before I'd trust you to do the same.

As for the "guarantee of a fair trial" in the UK...what are you people smoking? Do some interviews in UK prisons and I bet you will find lots of people there who beg to differ with you about the infallibility of the British court system.

As is the case in most of the world where murders, rapes, thefts and crappy food are also part of the life in prison systems.

As is the case in most of the world where murders, rapes, thefts and crappy food are also part of the life in prison systems.

It can be the case anywhere in the world but it just dosn't change that Thai Prisons are death holes

I just thought that maybe you had some data.

Observation is not very good with reference to extridition .If you was in the UK now Aldhouse would just be a name that you haven't heard of .

Not sure what your point is?

My point is regardless of nationality when people are extradited to another country they are in most cases going to be found guilty.

For an extradition to proceed obviously there must be a lot of evidence to suggest that the person would be found guilty.

I dont think you need a PHD to work this one out!

It can be the case anywhere in the world but it just dosn't change that Thai Prisons are death holes

Thai prisons are bad as are prisons everywhere. The worst of the Thai prisons are very bad as is the case in much of the world and that isn't going to stop an extradition. Farangs do time in Thai prisons fairly frequently and after doing their time they are sent home .... far from a death hole. People are killed and assaulted in prisons all the time all over the world but my guess is there are for more farangs getting killed, robbed or assaulted in Pattaya than in Thai prisons .... interesting the UK has barred travel to Thailand given the doom & gloom comments by many curmudgeons here on Thai Visa. But bottom line, when you are a murder serving a long sentence then you can expect to be sent to one of the harsher prisons (in most all countries) where you will be among others who are also violent and unable to function in society and/or not pose a risk to others.

Any reasonable person who is the least bit informed of the current facts realizes this guy is almost surely guilty of the crime and will be extradited but it will take some time. Of course he deserves his day in court (in Thailand) and his extradition lawyers may be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat but the fact remains he is almost surely coming back to Thailand to face charges.

My point is that extridition is not granted on the basis of conviction but on the basis of the prosicution has shown that there is a case to answer .The defence of the case itself is not put before the court as this could hinder any possibility of a fair trial if any extridition takes place.

This case is nothing sensational so people in the UK wouldn't hear about it. It is tragic but many stabbings take place with young people. The only reason we know about it is because we are on a Thai based forum anywhere else we wouldn't know a thing so there really is not much to observe only the sensational cases.

Again heho, I'm unsure of your point? You think he is innocent or there isn't enough reported evidence to convict him?

Just pointing out that there are no witnesses to the crime, no forensic evidence (that we know of), no video evidence of the crime, and no witnesses besides the dodgy GF reports.

Others were saying otherwise.

I was there that night,

At the scene of the murder?

Are posters here really so ignorant to believe that there needs to be a witness to an actual murder to get a conviction.

No, but you were declaring that there are witnesses, video evidence and forensic evidence. There are none of these with regards to the murder (besides the dodgy reports of the GF). True?

People are still ignoring the question about the forensics, do the RTP even have his fingerprints and DNA?

Are posters here really so ignorant to believe that there needs to be a witness to an actual murder to get a conviction.

No, but you were declaring that there are witnesses, video evidence and forensic evidence. There are none of these with regards to the murder (besides the dodgy reports of the GF). True?

People are still ignoring the question about the forensics, do the RTP even have his fingerprints and DNA?

You really cannot be this ignorant can you? There is witnesses, video and forensic evidence. Only you are claiming some ultimate importance of there needing to be all these things exactly at the time of the murder .... and to believe this is needed for proof or to get a conviction in any country is just plain ignorant of reality. Beyond all the other things you have no clue about, do you also not know the meaning of evidence?

According to hehe, our chap Aldhouse is a fine upstanding citizen that decided to take a circuitous route back to blighty land as he couldn't stand living here with the guilt of his crimes that he committed in blighty land, so that's why he went back after this alleged incident took place...................Lol

Of course all those stories of Sir Aldhouse selling certain substances and taking performance enhancing substances is also just conjecture :).

Can all the children (and their child like fantasies) please stay out of this news thread. Thanks.

I was there that night, as well as knowing the characters around the peripheral, I bet you weren't though, so carry on.

Ah, an actual witness? Well, give your buddy a call and let him know you will be available to testify for the defense. Your testimony will be evaluated and subject to scrutiny as well.

You're his Muay Thai buddy, aren't you mister HeeHaw?

Edited by globalmenace

>>At the scene of the murder?

Where the initial fight took place and where Aldhouse had his ass handed to him. .Obviously you weren't hehe. Any more questions wanna be QC?

So you weren't there that night.

The accused is wanted for murder, not having a little fight in a bar.

You really cannot be this ignorant can you? There is witnesses, video and forensic evidence.

For the actual murder? Nope, I'm afraid there isn't. Besides the dubiously reported sleeping GF. True?

Only you are claiming some ultimate importance of there needing to be all these things exactly at the time of the murder ....

Where am I claiming this? Link please.

and to believe this is needed for proof or to get a conviction in any country is just plain ignorant of reality. Beyond all the other things you have no clue about, do you also not know the meaning of evidence?

I'm not sure what drugs you're taking. Perhaps read the very first word that you quoted above.

Edited by hehehoho

Appeal info : http://www.thephuketnews.com/wp-post.php?id=26802

It also states that this will be the first time a British person has been extradited to Thailand if he loses his appeals.

Stragely it says the new 'Supreme Court' will make the final decision on the extradition rather than the ECHR, this is a mistake by someone.

Edited by ukrules

I am simply being realistic.

No witness to the actual crime, besides the conflicting reports of the GF.

No video of the crime.

No forensic evidence (as yet shown) linking the accused to the crime scene.

Possible video of him stealing a knife (or is it knives, Nisa?) from a 7-11, of which neither were the bloodied knife at the murder scene (as reported).

This is all correct, no? :huh:

Is this guy for real?

What a Richard :lol:

My heart bleedeth purple piss, hope your mate enjoys the big tiger.

Why do you say he is my mate ?

Because I say he will never be extridited then he must be a mate ?

How sad that you have to resort to that level of S*** . If you don't want to read the facts & make an informed desision on the facts then why not just go play somewhere else ?

Appeal info : http://www.thephuket...st.php?id=26802

It also states that this will be the first time a British person has been extradited to Thailand if he loses his appeals.

Stragely it says the new 'Supreme Court' will make the final decision on the extradition rather than the ECHR, this is a mistake by someone.

No mistake but a little misleading . The supreme court is the last resort under English Law .

However what it fails to say is that Aldhouse can then appeal to ECHR . He can only do this after he has exhausted all domestic avenues .

As to the USA goverment & what they want . Well if the ECHR decide that he can't be extridited one of the reasons could be the fact that they (USA) use Thailand as a torture centre . for suspected terrorist .

However the Thai prisons & their rep will be enough for the ECHR to not allow extridition.

I am simply being realistic.

No witness to the actual crime, besides the conflicting reports of the GF.

No video of the crime.

No forensic evidence (as yet shown) linking the accused to the crime scene.

Possible video of him stealing a knife (or is it knives, Nisa?) from a 7-11, of which neither were the bloodied knife at the murder scene (as reported).

This is all correct, no? :huh:

Is this guy for real?

What a Richard :lol:

So my post is all correct then. :rolleyes:

Amazing the amount of people who have to resort to name calling as opposed to answering a simple yes/no question that they don't like. ;)

You really cannot be this ignorant can you? There is witnesses, video and forensic evidence. Only you are claiming some ultimate importance of there needing to be all these things exactly at the time of the murder .... and to believe this is needed for proof or to get a conviction in any country is just plain ignorant of reality. Beyond all the other things you have no clue about, do you also not know the meaning of evidence?

there are witnesses to circumstantial evidence, there are no witnesses to the actual murder. How many times does this need to be told to you before it sinks in?

on another note, why are you not this vocal in the thread where the farang was found in the canal recently after being killed by two farangs? I guess because an American was not killed, the sooner you guys realise that your belief that everyone loves you or owes you is a load of cack the better for you. Nobody owes you, nobody respects you unless you have earned individual respect based on you as a person and not based on your nationality.

The fact i received a rather distasteful pm from one of your countrymen clearly believing that respect should just be given to you people pretty much sums it up, luckily i will not tar you all with the same brush as this fool seems to do with British people.

there are witnesses to circumstantial evidence, there are no witnesses to the actual murder. How many times does this need to be told to you before it sinks in?

When did I say there was? This doesn't take away the fact there are many witnesses. When will you be able to comprehend that the VAST majority of witnesses in criminal cases did not see the actual crime??????? By the way .... it has been stated in a number of articles, after the initial reports, that the girlfriend did witness the actual murder.

on another note, why are you not this vocal in the thread where the farang was found in the canal recently after being killed by two farangs? I guess because an American was not killed, the sooner you guys realise that your belief that everyone loves you or owes you is a load of cack the better for you. Nobody owes you, nobody respects you unless you have earned individual respect based on you as a person and not based on your nationality.

It would appear you lack the ability to use logic before jumping to ridiculous and bigoted theories.

The fact i received a rather distasteful pm from one of your countrymen clearly believing that respect should just be given to you people pretty much sums it up, luckily i will not tar you all with the same brush as this fool seems to do with British people.

Appearance now appears to be leaning towards fact to your bigoted reasoning to individual situations.

Edited by Nisa

When did I say there was? This doesn't take away the fact there are many witnesses. When will you be able to comprehend that the VAST majority of witnesses in criminal cases did not see the actual crime??????? By the way .... it has been stated in a number of articles, after the initial reports, that the girlfriend did witness the actual murder.

It would appear you lack the ability to use logic before jumping to ridiculous and bigoted theories.

Appearance now appears to be leaning towards fact to your bigoted reasoning to individual situations.

Unbelievable, absolutely clueless.

As i have said before, I am ex UK police so I know how it works, i know there are not always witnesses etc, however you are the one talking about witnesses here, and i am saying there are witnesses to circumstantial evidence and NO witness to the actual murder based on the GF changing her statement. This will have to come down to actual forensic evidence at the scene of the murder/manslaughter as there is NO credible witness to the actual murder, even if the GF changes her statement back to her witnesses the actual death any decent lawyer will rip her evidence to shreds based on her differing versions.

Is this really so hard to understand?? if aldhouse is guilty then he is guilty and let justice take its course, if he is not guilty then he is not guilty, lets hear his version first, it might be that he went to the hotel to fight, it may have been a knife fight with both men armed, it may have been longfellow got into an argument with his gf and she knifed him after another fight between aldouse and him, the fact is none of us were there, the fact is strange things happen and in the cold light of day when emotions die down things that seem implausible suddenly become plausible.

the problem with this thread is the chest thumping by people who do not even know the victim believing that they can be judge, jury and executioner. let the British legal system do what it does, and then the European system, if they deem thailand not fit for a fair trial or deem the prison system to not work correctly then so be it, that is a fault of Thailand for having a shit corrupt system and not the fault of Britain or the EU. All he posturing in the world form the american in this thread will not matter one jot, all the attempts to try and create witnesses, all the attempts to pretend Thailand has a reasonable (to western standards) forensic system will not impress anyone in the British legal system,

call me a bigot all you want, however the majority of bigotry I see in this thread and via the pm i received in against the British based on the perceived actions of one idiot,

Unbelievable, absolutely clueless.

Yes, really are acting clueless ..... considering your claim of being a policeman

i know there are not always witnesses etc, however you are the one talking about witnesses here, and i am saying there are witnesses to circumstantial evidence and NO witness to the actual murder based on the GF changing her statement.

I simply stated there are numerous witnesses, which there are. You continually and ignorantly keep responding as if I said there are witnesses to the actual murder.

And being a police officer (as you claim), you should know that "if" a witness statements change, this doesn't make them not a witness. Again, being a police officer (as you claim) surely you have sat through testimony where people's statements are inconsistent with previous statements they made ... but guess what, they are still witnesses.

As for the girlfriend changing her story ... once again I point to the fact of your claims of being a police officer (as you claim) and should know that police often only provide limited information to the press. Also being a police officer (as you claim), one would think you understand how to determine facts and read ... if this was the case you would know that there are no direct quotes from this girl to the press that she didn't witness the murder. In fact, here is the only quote I am aware from her...

She said "at first it didn't look like he [Aldhouse] had anything. We didn't know he had a knife because his hands were in his pockets." The men fought and Aldhouse pulled out his knife and stabbed Longfellow twice.

And this makes complete sense since he was first stabbed outside when he arrived back to his place after picking up his girlfriend.

and that statements regarding what she saw came from the police, who we all know (except for you being a police officer as you claim) don't give all the facts and often misrepresent the facts to the media. We also all know that stories develop and that what is first reported is not always the full facts.

But being a policeman (as you claim), I guess it is only logical to make factual statements that a witness is not a witness if you say they changes there story even if there is no actual indication she did change anything about her story.

The rest of what you say in your post isn't worth debating because it would appear you have never been part of any trial to understand how convictions are won all the time without a witness actually seeing the crime as it occurred and not having forensic evidence. But as a police officer (as you claim) I would think you would understand that when there is overwhelming circumstantial evidence as well as a means, opportunity and motive then it is no that hard to get a conviction.

Edited by Nisa

dashawn_longfellow_370x278.jpg

fd15738e-8793-4f6c-ae7a-83f673426d12.jpg

non-copyrighted photos

Dashawn Longfellow, a 23 year old US Marine and purple heart recipient, had been in Phuket following a combat injury sustained in Afghanistan.

He previously served in Iraq and Afghanistan, where a roadside bomb exploded under his truck, damaging his right arm and filling 80 percent of his body with scrap metal. He was awarded the Purple Heart for his service to the country.

Longfellow Mother said her son refused an opportunity to leave the Marines after sustaining the injuries, choosing instead to fulfill his service obligation. She said her son joined the Marine Corps after graduating from Norman High School in 2005, with hopes of traveling the world.

"Dashawn was a caring and loving person. One of the nicest guys you could ever be around. Great friend, brother and son. He was just a huge teddy bear that everyone loved," Gronbach, a fellow marine, said in an e-mail to the AP

Dashawn loved life, his family, his military brothers, his girlfriend and her son and all of his friends he made in Thailand

What's the point in arguing on and on about the evidence (of which no one here knows exactly what it is anwyay)

It's only relevant if they were to hold the trial in the UK with Thai evidence and I don't think that's even possible?

If he is not extradited it will be because of human rights issues, and if he is he is insta found guilty.