Triton Vs Wildtrak

sanchobkk

Hi folks,

IO' ve seen a lot of review from you on older thread, and it helped me a lot,

Thanks again.

Now, I'm still hesitating between the Mitsu Triton plus 4 door auto and the Ford ranger Wildtrak 4 doors also auto (both double cab)

The Ford is not the wildtrak expected to come out at the end of the year. but the previous wildtrak I guess.. I must admit I' haven't really understand.

Well, this one is 828,000 baht with a 0% finance, and the Mitsu 809,000 with 2.6%.

First of all, I couldn' t the total weight of the ford, even in the brochure, does anyone know ?

Any advices choosing over these 2 trucks ?

I know the trion comes with the new 2.5 engines 178 HP, maybe it could help, the salewoman also told that a new Triton will be released this month ? Sounds weird, but why not.

Is the ford expensive as the new model should be out by the end of this year ?

Thnaks for your help,

Edited by sanchobkk

Cant help with the Triton but we have had a 2WD Wildtrak since March this year and we have not had any issues with the vehicle at all as should be expected I guess. The truck is no slouch (for a diesel pickup truck!)and the 5 speed automatic box is really slick, the engine is powerful and has been around long enough for all the glitches to have been sorted and all in all I am glad we got it rather than the Triton which was the other vehicle we considered. I get a bit bored looking at a constant stream of Vigos and the like and it is nice not to blindly follow the herd. I really would have liked to wait for the new Ranger but we needed a vehicle and I reckoned, maybe naively, that we should get a good PX from Ford when we swap it but to be honest I am not in any rush to change now, cant help with the vehicle weight other than to say you wouldn't want it to run over your foot

When I see the " How Much For Road Tax On A 2004 4 Door Truck?" usual question got dozen response,

I can't help myself thinking that mine should have deserved some more decent answers..

Well, thanks anyway to Mark, I thought some other Ford lover would have put their 2 cents

Edited by sanchobkk

Can't say about the Ford as I didn't bother checking them out when I bought my triton just over 6 mths ago, but I can say the mitsu is an 'ok-ish' motor although quite 'rough' compared to the Toyota Vigo & the triton is clearly lacking in many departments.

Not that this matters to you as you are getting an auto but the clutch operation and gear change on the vigo is smooth as silk compared to my triton, even the stalk controls are rough!

Having said all this, the 4 door triton was the only one for me as I like the styling above all the boring competition but def recommend you have a good long test drive before making a decision. Btw, 2.6% sounds way too much, I'm sure I got around 1% (haven't got the paperwork to hand but will check later). Good luck.

I also tried to order a ford of the 2011 vintage...found it impossible to get the model I wanted.. unless it is already in local stock could be "difficult" as they "ford dealers" seem to be unwilling to deal with other dealers/factory to find your vehicle..TIT...lol

At 800K Baht, the Triton Plus 4-door is pretty hard to beat - it's the newest pickup design on the market (with at least 2 years to go before a model change), comes with 2 years more warranty than anything else (5 years/150,000KM), and it's only competition on features for the money is the Isuzu D-Max Rodeo (which is a manual though). Pretty hard to beat...

Ford are doing some good deals on the current model Ranger becuase the new model's release is imminent, but even if you ignore the Triton's technical superiority, it still falls short on features for price against the Triton, IMHO.

The only area where the current model Ranger excels is in "pum pui space" - if you're packing a little extra in the middle region, you may find it feels a little roomier than the Triton ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis