Cadbury'S Dairy Mil

mightyharriss

Sadly most of the Dairy Milk sold in Thailand is manufactured in Malaysia.

This is a different recipe to the English stuff. Not so milky. Asians are not too keen on milk - also the recipe is different to last longer in the heat. The English bars go white quicker.

However - even the Malaysian recipe is better than the US carp.

so....... get the real stuff from the UK when you can.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, ever since Cadbury's got bought by Kraft, the opposite of what you might have expected has happened. Instead of Dairy Milk chocolate becoming more available, it has virtually disappeared. Most commonly available now are two distinctly inferior brands: Hershey's and Van Houten. Both are awful, but neither belongs to Kraft. There's a story for some journalist here.

The only saving grace is that you can get the best chocolate of all still, even in many 7-11s, and that is Frey "Au Lait Fin", a truly superior Swiss chocolate. As to Thai taste in chocolate, get this. At the height of the Bangkok flood shortages, all the chocolate at my nearest 7-11 disappeared except for the Frey bars. Once they were down to five bars, and I bought two. A couple of days later I went in again, and there were still three bars there.,

And this is the best industrially-made chocolate you can get in Thailand. The only acceptable reason to me for it being shunned is that the name on the bars is in French, just Au Lait Fin, so perhaps people don't know it's chocolate.