The Sea In Pattaya

AzarovDmitriy

Today (06.09.2011) I went out on my balcony (23 floor, the Wangomat Beach) and saw that the sea was a brown color, like rusty water. I never saw the sea in such bad condition. The rusty water is everywhere. It even seems to be in the area of Kho Larn. Really, it's an ecological disaster. What do you think? What is it?

You might also wonder what happens each time someone flushes a lavatory in Pattaya..... The bay has become an open sewer. San Antonio in Ibiza was like this back in the late 60's but they cleaned it up because the tourist industry was dropping off... there seems to be little will to do likewise in Pattaya.

You might also wonder what happens each time someone flushes a lavatory in Pattaya..... The bay has become an open sewer. San Antonio in Ibiza was like this back in the late 60's but they cleaned it up because the tourist industry was dropping off... there seems to be little will to do likewise in Pattaya.

Agreed, but this looked more like oil than effluent.

It could be an algae that causes what is known as rusty tide. It could be many things.

Run-off from the rain or floods upcountry, the chao phraya was like that last week

Phuket, Patong beach- Kata - Kamala beach 26-28/08 was the same, brown water due to heavy rain.

Hate it when I am right-nobody to argue with. (Secretly I was hoping it was related to global warming, fukushima, la nina and not boring old rain)

It could be an algae that causes what is known as rusty tide. It could be many things.

The ten to twenty-thousand filled condoms that get flushed down the toilet nightly in Pattaya doesn't add much to water's quality either...probably good for the micro-plankton feeders, however :lol:

Just another reason to pass on all that expensive ocean-front real estate.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Run-off from the rain or floods upcountry, the chao phraya was like that last week

Phuket, Patong beach- Kata - Kamala beach 26-28/08 was the same, brown water due to heavy rain.

Hate it when I am right-nobody to argue with. (Secretly I was hoping it was related to global warming, fukushima, la nina and not boring old rain)

Nam Rin beach also last week.