Liquids Restriction Leaving Bangkok On International Flight

Chivas

As I havent left Bangkok since March 2009 on an international flight would be grateful if anyone can provide up to date information on gels liquids in Hand luggage.

As I have little to take will quite easily have less that 5-6 kgs hand luggage.On the otherhand if they are going to take the fluids I shall take main hold luggage.

Thanks in Advance

you have to put them all in a plastic bag, and produce them at Security.

Added - my wife took them in Hand luggage, this is where they are checked, make sure to put in a plastic bag, or they will not allow on board. She had contact lens fluid, and other creams.

Edited by beano2274

Did not have the bags at Check-in at Swampy.

At Heathrow there were bags available at Security check point before the main security check.

Ok guys thanks for input-can't be arsed to have an arguement over a clear plastic bag availability !!

Will take main hold case as well.

You also can't carry a water bottle or alcohol through security, so either buy after security or pack your alcohol in the checked bag.

At least one airport wouldn't let bottled water on the plane bought after security, which seemed pretty strange and inconsistent.

Last time I was headed to Los Angeles on the THAI nonstop, after passing through security I stopped at THAI's Royal Orchid Lounge. I grabbed a couple of cans of Coke Zero there to bring on the flight with me, as they don't usually stock that. This nonstop to America has a separate, second security hand inspection at the gate. They found my Cokes (unopened cans) and said I couldn't bring them. I told them I picked them up in the lounge, and that's after security. They dug their heels in and said they don't care about previous security. :annoyed:

:whistling:

Yes, all liquids and spray products in containers less than the 100ml limit.

They used to be sold in shops at swampy after you went through the departure immigration/passport checks, but I'm not sure they still are.

Also, remember...if you transit or change planes in Narita... common for flights going to the U.S. ... you will also have clear that same security check in Narita. So even if you do get a bottle or can through security at swampy...you may have it confiscated at Narita.

:whistling:

You also can't carry a water bottle or alcohol through security, so either buy after security or pack your alcohol in the checked bag.

At least one airport wouldn't let bottled water on the plane bought after security, which seemed pretty strange and inconsistent.

I usually take an empty water bottle with me in my carry on luggage - which i can then refill on board or at the next stopover. I sometimes strange looks at security, but no problems.

Simple and safe rule:- Don't carry anything remotely liquid or gel-like in your carry on unless vital (medicines etc), buy your duty-free at your final transfer airport to avoid issues.

Easy eh :)

Aside. I once had a Mars Bar confiscated at Swampy, 'gel sir' :ermm: , couldn't be arsed to argue, security chap was probably hungry.