3G Internet In Cm

iannrob

I have True Move and have found 3G all over town on my iPhone 3GS. All over means out by the CMU, everywhere in the old city, Loi Kroh, Night Market etc. It’s faster than my landlord’s WI-FI so I’m a happy camper. I’m sure there are many blank spots but I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

I'm on True's 3G now. Had AIS 3G before. I've found that AIS is somewhat faster and smoother then True Move, but True Move's plans are generally cheaper. Coverage of both includes much of CM proper and it's suburbs.

I checked AIS as recommended by a friend to find out they only support iPhone 4 now. Amazing that they would cut off all other iPhone holders in hopes of selling new phones. They guy at the booth at the Airport mall, just shrugged his shoulders and went back to texting whoever…I went to True’s adjacent store and bought their iPhone 3G/WI-FI plan at 599B per month.

I'm on True's 3G now. Had AIS 3G before. I've found that AIS is somewhat faster and smoother then True Move, but True Move's plans are generally cheaper. Coverage of both includes much of CM proper and it's suburbs.

I checked AIS as recommended by a friend to find out they only support iPhone 4 now. Amazing that they would cut off all other iPhone holders in hopes of selling new phones. They guy at the booth at the Airport mall, just shrugged his shoulders and went back to texting whoever…I went to True's adjacent store and bought their iPhone 3G/WI-FI plan at 599B per month.

Do you mean that if you buy the AIS 3G SIMM that it's locked to an IPhone4 and you can't just plug it into any 3G phone or USB stick?

Edited by OriginalPoster

Do you mean that if you buy the AIS 3G SIMM that it's locked to an IPhone4 and you can't just plug it into any 3G phone or USB stick?

I wonder if it has to do with AIS is on 900MHz and True on 850MHz?

Yep, iPhone 3G cannot receive 3G on the 900MHz band only Edge. The iPhone does.

Thanks prism and the other responders, True it is. My hotel is near the CM Pantip Plaza so I will pop in there.

Thanks prism and the other responders, True it is. My hotel is near the CM Pantip Plaza so I will pop in there.

True is giving out free SIM cards at the arrivals area of CM airport. They include 3G/Edge service. An hour free of wifi at 17,000 hotspots and special international calling rates of about 1.5 Baht/5 cents a minute.

Just put in your phone and add credit at any 7-11

True is giving out free SIM cards at the arrivals area of CM airport. They include 3G/Edge service. An hour free of wifi at 17,000 hotspots and special international calling rates of about 1.5 Baht/5 cents a minute.

Just put in your phone and add credit at any 7-11

I don't have a phone i use a Sierra USB 305 dongle but its the same principle I guess. Thanks for the info