U.S. says it will veto Palestinian statehood bid at the UN

News_Editor

Anyone know the difference between Chapter VI and Chapter VII resolutions in the UN?

I'd love to see a two-state solution in Israel/Palestine. I just don't believe for one nano-second that the leaders of the Palestinian people could be peaceful neighbors of Israel (again, look at Gaza). Most Palestinians have been brainwashed since childhood to hate the Jews (Sesame Jihad Street) so I see little hope in the future. It is a shame that such blatant hatred not only exists but is blindly accepted by the useful idiots in the West.

There was a programme on TV a while ago that went into Palestinian and Israeli schools and brought together a gang of 12 year olds from both sides for a few days. They were quite surprised that after they got to know each other how well they got on.

What you say is true. Palestinian school teachers were pumping hatred into their students. Exactly the same thing was true of the Israeli schools. Israeli school teachers were pumping hated into their students too.

As long as that keeps happening there'll never be a solution to the problem.

12 Year olds?, nay lad it starts long before that ,why not go on to YOU TUBE "Children of Hamas", I wonder why there is no corresponding Video on a similar vein "Children of Israel"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What country holds the record for defying countless UN resolutions ?

Israel...

Actually many if not most of those resolutions require action from both Israel and the Palestinians.

Then I'm sure Israel must be very proud the world considers them just as bad as their arch enemy. :lol:

Then I'm sure Israel must be very proud the world considers them just as bad as their arch enemy. :lol:

I think you'll find Israelis feel survival to be a greater moral purpose than pride.

If that is so then they should afford the same moral purpose to the Palestinians.

I think you'll find Israelis feel survival to be a greater moral purpose than pride.

If that is so then they should afford the same moral purpose to the Palestinians.

Fair enough. Palestinians accepting the very existence of the Jewish state of Israel would be a good start towards peace.

Fair enough. Palestinians accepting the very existence of the Jewish state of Israel would be a good start towards peace.

Quite correct Jingthing however as long as there is the brain washing of young Hamas children as young as 4 years old to kill the Israelis I do not hold out much hope of a lasting peace. Edited by Colin Yai

I wonder if the UN would consider a bid for statehood from a group that has stated they would not allow Muslims into their new country?

Good point, but alas there is already a great big 'cleansing in operation' process going on in many Countries to achieve just the opposite.

P.S I note Hamas reject the UN move as they refuse to give up "one inch" of historical Palestine. I guess the apologists for the Palestinians must be sticking fingers in their ears and shouting two state solution to stop their own heads exploding.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/hamas-we-may-back-palestinian-state-that-does-not-recognize-israel-s-existence-1.385176

Hamas supports the formation of an independent Palestinian state that does not recognize Israel's existence and which does not concede "one inch" of historical Palestine, Hamas' Gaza leader said on Sunday.

tick tock tick tock for Israel .... :whistling:

Palestinian statehood to kill Israel’s immunity

http://maxkeiser.com/2011/09/19/palestinian-statehood-to-kill-israels-immunity/

The Arab Spring has destroyed Israeli narrative of ungovernable Arabs. Israel now looks like (and is) the biggest human rights abuser in the region. :o

http://maxkeiser.com/2011/09/19/the-arab-spring-has-destroyed-israeli-narrative-of-ungovernable-arabs-israel-now-looks-like-and-is-the-biggest-human-rights-abuser-in-the-region/

Edited by midas

I wonder if the UN would consider a bid for statehood from a group that has stated they would not allow Muslims into their new country?

Who or what are you referring to?

If it's Maen Rashid Areikat, he is forcefully stating he was taken out of context and is demanding a retraction from the USA Today. The USA Today has published a new article that provides more context to the quote, and is rumored to be mulling a retraction.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0911/PLO_ambassador_slams_USA_Today.html#

In short, Areikat's point is in regards to illegal settlers.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

If it's Maen Rashid Areikat, he is forcefully stating he was taken out of context and is demanding a retraction from the USA Today. The USA Today has published a new article that provides more context to the quote, and is rumored to be mulling a retraction.

http://www.politico....USA_Today.html#

So a new Palestinian state would allow Jews to live - and worship - within its borders?

Edited by koheesti

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0911/PLO_ambassador_slams_USA_Today.html#

Sometimes the agenda does slip out and needs stuffing back in the bag. Fortunately for Aerikat the Western press are largely complicit in ignoring this.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/arabs/christianme.html

In another decade or so, given present trends, there will be few if any Christians living in Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus. The same is true of Nazareth, where Jesus grew up, and even of Jerusalem, where nearly 600 historic churches still stand.

Christians in the Palestinian territories have dropped from 15 percent of the Arab population in 1950 to just 2 percent today. Both Bethlehem and Nazareth, which had been overwhelmingly Christian towns, now have strong Muslim majorities. Today three-fourths of all Bethlehem Christians live abroad, and more Jerusalem Christians live in Sydney, Australia than in the place of their birth. Indeed, Christians now comprise just 2.5 percent of Jerusalem, although those remaining still include a few born in the Old City when Christians there still constituted a majority.