Saudi Work Visa

How long does it take to get a work visa from the Saudi Embassy in Bangkok? I've tried phoning them but nobody answers the phone.

I have been offered a position with a large engineering and construction company in Saudi. I have been told that I need to go to London to process for the visa but I'm hoping that I can do it here in Bangkok, as I haven't been back to the UK for more than 10 years.

Does anybody know of a company or agent that provides an attestation service for college certificates?

Cheers. :jap:

the company that offered you a job has to apply for the work visa. if the company has some clout the foreign ministry sends the visa approval number to the embassy requested. if not, the done thing is that you collect your visa in your home country. you can't apply on your own.

I just had to go back to the UK to get my Residency Visa for Saudi.

I've been living in Hong Kong for last 4 years and had no wish to go back to UK so tried all ways to avoid it. In principle it should be possible to get the Visa in Thailand however you will probably find that your company has already got allocated 'block' visas issued in the UK. This was the only reason that I had to go back to the UK to do the procedure.

Good news was I used a good (but expensive 850quid) agent in the UK who did everything in 1 week.

What I actually did first was to get a Business visit visa in Hong Kong that allowed me to go to Saudi just to check everything out and finalize my work contract. This was easy and only took 2 hours to process! Strictly speaking your not meant to work on this Visa but mine was valid for 6 months (needed to do a visa run to Bahrain every 4 weeks). Might be a short term option just to get you started.

Slightly off-topic but I'll post another thread; I need to apply for my family residency visas now and as part of this need to get my daughters birth certificate attested from Saudi MOFA in Bangkok.

..Does anyone have detgails of an agent in LOS who can do this for me?

Thanks,

Dean.