Firewall Ports

sid808m

its a bit confusing without seeing the setup - but ill try to help

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html

is a list of tcp ports for internet services - assuming your using yahoo messenger webcam you will need to open port: 5100 on your firewall.

sorry its not a simple answer - if you are able to connect to and admin your firewall rules you should find something in there to create a new rule to allow "said" program to be granted access.

if still no good - grab your firewall/router info and google it!

is a list of tcp ports for internet services - assuming your using yahoo messenger webcam you will need to open port: 5100 on your firewall.

sorry its not a simple answer - if you are able to connect to and admin your firewall rules you should find something in there to create a new rule to allow "said" program to be granted access.

i am on msn messenger and i went on google but not being an internet wizard i managed too find out some good info on outpost firewall guide,but can i open the ports required or is it the shop (administrator)that needs to do it

i am on msn messenger and i went on google but not being an internet wizard i managed too find out some good info on outpost firewall guide,but can i open the ports required or is it the shop (administrator)that needs to do it

Oops, sorry I saw "Messenger" and assumed it was Yahoo Messenger.

You can manage your own router/firewall by logging in to the router administrative and management software. This is usally done with a browser, and a manufacturer-specific IP address, along with a username and password. Hopefully the shop left the defualt username and password or at least told what they changed those to?

This website has a lot of useful information, common ports, router set-up by manufacturer and model.

Common ports by application

MSN set-up for specific routers

Or if you're comfortable with it, tell us the router brand/model and someone here can talk you through the set-up.

Edited by lomatopo