Lifan 250 Cruiser

Thaifan2

That doesn't sound strange, when making a U-turn into the opposite lane you come to pretty much a standstill. The question is how does it accelerate out of trouble once the U-turn is complete, revs makes a big difference on smaller engines here

Edited by poanoi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With regard to gearing, my Lifan is fine, and in no way atypical in downshifting. It has torque enough in four gears, given the power of a cruising 250. I had not mentioned the wonderfully smooth shifting.

Yes, the bike's fat tires are an advantage and encouraging to think upon in rain - I'm not a racer so only braking was on my mind, and the secret there is to slow down on poor braking surfaces< note to myself.

Gears in the machine achieve their torque in mid-ranges, and I find them substantial for the type, even interesting in second and third.

Except that fifth gear is but overdrive. Ride is 'cushy' - if that means anything - and suitable for cruising, not racing at all. For those of us who like light cruising, it is a good, balanced, compromise (except for the soft front suspension, perhaps). Seat and center of balance are low.

Long-term reliability and service quality remain to be established here in Thailand, but the Lifan's been sold all around. Complaints usually center about top speed rather than mechanics.

Edited by CMX

Hows the engine perform in relation to the PCX? Is it quicker off the line with more torque and will it go faster than 120 kph without running out of breath?

Asking because i found a local store that actually sells Lifan engines, the 250cc is only 11,500 baht.

Future project ?:)

As i am just running it in ,i dont know .As with the PCX i was advised to keep under 60 klm for the first 500 klm . I will do the same with the Lifan . :jap:

That's a very cheap engine, in fact less than half of my starter cost alone :rolleyes:

would it fit on a phantom ?

and how much does a 2nd hand lifan 250 cost ?

With regard to the engine, Lifan is one of the major manufacturers of engines (commercial use) in the world. I think they hold the record in Asia. The engine mentioned above is not necessarily the one used in the cruiser at all, unless the poster above is certain about it? And then I would doubt provenance. A free-standing air cooled twin engine being sold new as a single piece?

If this cruiser model is around as a second-hand bike here, a classified search (Thai Visa) might show something. Obviously they should be offered, if without accessories, at less than 78K while being newer than any Phantom or Boss, both of which went out of production before Lifan Cruisers were introduced.

Edited by CMX

Some pictures of my bike .Got the panniers yesterday .Cost B4,500 .They are supported on a chrome frame .The screen was B450 .I have been busy renovating my house ,but hope to start getting some mileage on the bike soon .

IMG_4578.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

Edited by Thaifan2

Some pictures of my bike .Got the panniers yesterday .Cost B4,500 .They are supported on a chrome frame .The screen was B450 .I have been busy renovating my house ,but hope to start getting some mileage on the bike soon .

IMG_4578.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

Your bike looks very smart.

I was seriously close to buying one when I found a Yamaha Virago 535 with a green book and supposedly one owner.

I feel I need the extra power to lug the extra weight of me around.

I am interested in purchasing one of these does anyone know of any dealers in the Nakon Sawan area?

Thanks

Moe

On the Lifan web site there is a dealer listed in Chainat .( 60 klm from NS)

Matthews Studio lighting , 229 M3 , Hanka,Hanka ,Chainat tel ; 056-451207

Thanks for the information I will be arriving on the 15th and my wife and I are looking forewarard to a put when the rain and water go down. Good luck this weekend with the Tropical stom remanents.

I am interested in purchasing one of these does anyone know of any dealers in the Nakon Sawan area?

Thanks

Moe

On the Lifan web site there is a dealer listed in Chainat .( 60 klm from NS)

Matthews Studio lighting , 229 M3 , Hanka,Hanka ,Chainat tel ; 056-451207

• 2 weeks later...

I went back today to Chaichana autobike ,Chiang Mai (where i bought the Lifan ) and they had a large wind screen for a bargain B490 .

They are also ordering me a special Lifan set of saddle bags for 4,900 .When i see them if i do not like them ,they say that i can cancell the purchase .

Hey can you get a picture of those bags?

Mmm, 'Thaifan2'? I recall that username. You were the one slagging Ducatis and their riders a while back. At the time I didn't understand why but after seeing that you ride a Lifan, I get it now. ;)

give him a break RC. when I moved to TH for good in 2003, I invested all my money in property, and the best bike I could affor was a f-- phantom. property has been good, and I could by 20 ducatis prungni. but I wont as long as they are overpriced. great bikes , silly prices

a man driving this :

IMG_4580.JPG

complains about people who drive this :

24.jpg

how much does lifan pay to you ride that thing in public ? :whistling: or do u get a commission from every sale or something ? pray do tell us how it works ;)

Edited by wana

a man driving this :

IMG_4580.JPG

24.jpg

how much does lifan pay to you ride that thing in public ? :whistling: or do u get a commission from every sale or something ? pray do tell us how it works ;)

honestly, as your post is just for bashing lifan cruiser riders, I prefere my pcx over any of them :D

a man driving this :

IMG_4580.JPG

24.jpg

Lifan can claim 100% “Made in Thailand”, even has a Thai government certificate, your example, currently still can say that, and I would suggest you visit the factory “what is currently more an assembly facility” again..........

The luggage with red belts are probably not something what will become very popular in Thailand... It's surely not my choice...

a man driving this :

IMG_4580.JPG

24.jpg

Lifan can claim 100% "Made in Thailand", even has a Thai government certificate, your example, currently still can say that, and I would suggest you visit the factory "what is currently more an assembly facility" again..........

The luggage with red belts are probably not something what will become very popular in Thailand... It's surely not my choice...

thaifan2 took the opportunity to tell anyone riding a tiger 250 how ugly it was last week ...........i have a tiger amongst other bikes and qualitywise its shit from the ground up but its a sight for sore eyes compared to that thing he rides :D

They are also ordering me a special Lifan set of saddle bags for 4,900 .When i see them if i do not like them ,they say that i can cancell the purchase .

And i see by your pics that you went through with the purchase. Are you all there? You know, like, mentally?dam_n, you hit the jackpot on those saddlebags.

A real...er...bargain.

property has been good, and I could by 20 ducatis prungni. but I wont as long as they are overpriced. great bikes , silly prices

I know, I know but do me a favor. Pop into Ducat Phuket and test ride a Superbike, if they allow it.

And then get back to me.

I know, I know, testing a Multistrada 1200 would part me with what, 1,2 on the spot, and i would never go back to my kwakers again, but I would feel silly spending this much on a..................bike

Provide them at decent prices, I get a ducati for my GF too

NOT get me wrong I'm still proud to say I own a Tiger Boxer 250 RS, which was made in Thailand which is of excellent build quality, currently my brother in-law rides it daily to his university in Northeast Thailand.

The quality of Tiger motorcycles build in Thailand was excellent – I have the idea that most will agree – but, with current plans for moving all production outside Thailand, mainly China, the build quality is also going to be influenced, therefore I would strongly suggest that Tiger keeps production of its motorcycles in Thailand.

This evening I just give my Ducati 1198S to my g/f, the good part is that it clears the way for me ordering the new one...

Of course I now have a perfectly recovered Ducati 1098 “over” with way to much carbon and special parts to be ordinary. Basically I started rebuilding this bike with the idea that I would become a good bike for my g/f but with current developments, and the bike is currently doing a retesting at the Department of Road Transport to be 100% legal as it was my intension.

I'm honest the bike crashed badly and I bought it in a real poor state, the frame has moved to Italy for repair and back to Thailand (papers to show, it was repaired by Ducati Italy), the forks are now the latest Marzocchi, both damaged wheels are replaced by BST 7 straight spoke wheels (not 5 spoke wheels) carbon fiber wheels made especially for the Ducati 1098. Both wheels weigh less than 6 kilogram, which is a good reduction from the original wheels.

I went back today to Chaichana autobike ,Chiang Mai (where i bought the Lifan ) and they had a large wind screen for a bargain B490 .

I bought my 250B same place and sales woman included a screen with it (manager wasn't happy). Bought my bags at Chiang Rai Saddle bags along with a cell/GPS mount. Have about 1000 k on the motor, at 100 Kph motor is screaming, but I prefer 80-90 as cruise. The bike is a reverse engineered Yamaha 250 Virago but if you change out the chain be sure to get new sprokets if using yamaha parts (thinner then Lifan). Thinking of doing that using a 16 tooth rear as 1st gear is to short (14 tooth). No complaints yet other then in CR service is difficult and parts such as rear sissy bar and such not available. Tires suck big time (like riding on marbles) and would like a bigger foot print but not able to find a replacement.

post-122310-0-63003900-1318700415_thumb.

Inflated to manufacturer's suggested pressures, my tyres for some reason only behave as if they are big; I don't over-inflate. But then, I suppose the (Taiwanese) manufacturer just hoped achieve another IRC longer mileage 'standard' type for this low-powered cruiser.

But my suspension is the softest I've ridden here, so perhaps I'm not perceiving accurately. Anyway, the rubber's fat footprint stops me reasonably in the rain and this bike is designed for comfortable transportation over anything like racing.

Still, I wonder if there has been some sort of shift (bought my bike at the very end of 2010), as at an honest 120kph (GPS with 120 kilo aboard), it only hums in 5th, which is just an overdrive. It is true that to get above 100 in 4th without delay, that I have to wind it up a bit, but screaming ain't in it.

The big chain is reassuring to see, looking overbuilt (time will tell). But yes, getting factory mods or accessories seems futile. My choice for windscreen, though, was from Kawa's Boss, and it is of v. good quality and has a smaller shape. Lists, I think for 1800 baht, but I was only charged 1300, installed. Maybe Kawa was clearing stock at that moment.

NOT get me wrong I'm still proud to say I own a Tiger Boxer 250 RS, which was made in Thailand which is of excellent build quality, currently my brother in-law rides it daily to his university in Northeast Thailand.

The quality of Tiger motorcycles build in Thailand was excellent – I have the idea that most will agree – but, with current plans for moving all production outside Thailand, mainly China, the build quality is also going to be influenced, therefore I would strongly suggest that Tiger keeps production of its motorcycles in Thailand.

Where'd you get the info that Tiger is "moving all production outside Thailand"? The Tiger factory has stated it has no intention to do that, so either they are wrong or you are wrong! I know where i'll be placing my bet on who is wrong! :whistling:

parts such as rear sissy bar and such not available.

A Honda Steed sissy bar can be modified to fit. Looks and works great.

I bought Honda steed front crash bars hoping that they would fit the Lifan .By the look of things though there is quite a lot of modifying needed . :annoyed: