Positive Stories About Thailand

theblether

IanForbes just out of interest ,could you please tell me if the western lady in the photograph is a friend /acquaintance of yours. She is very lovely looking and I am coming to Chiang Mai soon and hope to find nice companies to enjoy occasions with. This is the kinda western lady I like to look at. I know this is asking a lot, but would you please be ok to pass on my interests to her for friendships? Whata lovely smile she has and very happy face!

What Ben really wanted to post.

IanForbes just out of interest ,could you please tell me if the western lady in the photograph has any friends/relatives etc who might notice her disappearance and report the matter to the police. She is very lovely looking and I am coming to Chiang Mai soon and hope to lock her in my soundproof basement. This is the kinda western lady I like to treat as my submissive worthless groveling slave. I know this is asking a lot, but could you kindly chloroform her in advance for me? What a lovely smile she has and very happy face! I'd like to wipe that smile of her face let me tell you the wanton slattern whose only reason to exist is to act as a vessel for my domination and succumb to my every whim. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am naked at the moment.

:D

Joke! Joke! Please don't take umbrage.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheesy:

You really made my day!

On a positive note: While this thread is really about strangers doing random acts of kindness, I live with a bunch of Thai friends. While everybody is responsible for him/herself, there are a lot of common meals. When somebody is not here, then he is not here, no big deal. We all make our appointments/dates and travel plans independently. When it turns out that I would be here alone on a weekend, they always arrange for me to have food! Like I couldn't walk down the street 20 meters and find a noodle shop. You would call this patronising in Europe, here I call it caring.

This is a good and timely thread. Sometimes there are so many negative posts on Thai Visa that it is disheartening.

As an elderly person who has retired here, with no wish to have a Thai partner but just a desire to live quietly, I have been treated over the last 2 years with exquisite courtesy and honesty. I am rarely allowed to pay for shared meals, I am cared for within an inch of my life (sometimes annoyingly so), taken to hospital when necessary, and generally cossetted. My experience has been mainly in CR: perhaps other places are different. Please don't get me wrong: I pay my way, and when I am not allowed to contribute to costs I give a gift later. I admire, respect and enjoy the sometimes confusing behaviour of my hosts. They, no doubt, find me equally strange. I have observed them closely over time and I know they are honest and honourable, although I wish they were somewhat kinder to the Laotian gardener. I trust them implicitly and without reservation. Yes, there are individual differences amongst the family, but generally I have been treated with a kindness that passes all understanding. I am genuinely grateful, if sometimes driven demented, by their genuine but overly enthusiastic care. In town, ladies in the marketplace chase me to make sure I have the correct change: my tuk tuk driver refunds part of my fare if he feels I have given him too much.

Cynics will say that this courtesy and care is entirely dependent upon my economic status. I disagree. And if it is, I do not care. For the moment, I am having a wonderful time: I have met some very interesting people and I have done some very interesting things.

On the other hand, (and I know this meant to be a positive post, so I apologise for the digression), I have seen appalling behaviour by certain farang. I have seen it with my own eyes. It amazes me that my hosts continue to be so kind. They seem to bounce back, ever hopeful. There seems to be a holy grail: to find the farang they imagine farangs to be. I won't mention the worst things I have seen, but the following anecdote is a good example. One day, during Songkran, my host and I met some farang in the walking street. He is proud of his Province and is always courteous and helpful. He offered these tourists a day out: so the next day he drove them hundreds of kms into the mountains, to various remote waterfalls and hill-tribe museums, etc. and, at the end of the day, he asked them for a photograph to remember them by. Oh no, they said: you will have to buy a photo: we have a web-site, and we are professional photographers.

I have seen far worse behaviours, and I am often ashamed. Deeply ashamed.

IanForbes just out of interest ,could you please tell me if the western lady in the photograph is a friend /acquaintance of yours. She is very lovely looking and I am coming to Chiang Mai soon and hope to find nice companies to enjoy occasions with. This is the kinda western lady I like to look at. I know this is asking a lot, but would you please be ok to pass on my interests to her for friendships? Whata lovely smile she has and very happy face!

IanForbes just out of interest ,could you please tell me if the western lady in the photograph has any friends/relatives etc who might notice her disappearance and report the matter to the police. She is very lovely looking and I am coming to Chiang Mai soon and hope to lock her in my soundproof basement. This is the kinda western lady I like to treat as my submissive worthless groveling slave. I know this is asking a lot, but could you kindly chloroform her in advance for me? What a lovely smile she has and very happy face! I'd like to wipe that smile of her face let me tell you the wanton slattern whose only reason to exist is to act as a vessel for my domination and succumb to my every whim. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am naked at the moment.

:D

Joke! Joke! Please don't take umbrage.

Aha, the question is mca,

Is that a scenario written from your imagination? Or from memory :unsure::D:P

Nonja made a very valid point about the behaviour of some farangs. Some people seem to be unable to act in any kind of self respecting and dignified way, but I would say only some. The obnoxious seem to be gifted in drawing attention to themselves. The vast majority of farang tourists and ex pats do conduct themselves with dignity, courtesy and kindness.

If I started a post entitled " Badly Behaved Farangs, What Have You Seen?", Thaivisa would need a bigger server.

I started this thread as I am fed up with the relenting negativity, and the vast majority of respondents have posted here in the right spirit. I would love to hear more positive stories and experiences of Thailand.........so let's be having them!!

Maybe the People who only think negative about other people and Country's, should look in wards, maybe at themselves and there actions. I find good in many things untill they do bad to me , which is not very offtern. and then i just move on and forget them or it.

Carrying a baby can get painfull after a while. When you walk around in Thailand carrying a baby you will always meet Thai peolple willing to hold and hug the baby for you. Go to a shop, to a restaurant or just wait for the bus always someone has time for your baby. Compare this to most countries were a crying baby makes a lot of unsmiling faces.

...I started this thread as I am fed up with the relenting negativity, ...

So its just to pander to your own discontent and intolerance.

Well, forgive me if I keep all my own pleasant experiences to myself. I would hate others to get jealous.

SC

EDIT: Maybe you need to improve your mental attitude and social behaviour, so that you are not reliant on the vicarious positive social experiences of others....

Edited by StreetCowboy

...I started this thread as I am fed up with the relenting negativity, ...

So its just to pander to your own discontent and intolerance.

Well, forgive me if I keep all my own pleasant experiences to myself. I would hate others to get jealous.

SC

EDIT: Maybe you need to improve your mental attitude and social behaviour, so that you are not reliant on the vicarious positive social experiences of others....

When do you get time for pleasant experiences? You spend your life dripping vitriol on Thaivisa.

When do you get time for pleasant experiences? You spend your life dripping vitriol on Thaivisa.

:thumbsup: Nail on the head mate.

Any body that would open a thread with this title and be negative or give some body else a hard time for being positive needs to be put out of their missery. Pathetic, misserable wastes of space. :sick:

:thumbsup: Nail on the head mate.

Any body that would open a thread with this title and be negative or give some body else a hard time for being positive needs to be put out of their missery. Pathetic, misserable wastes of space. :sick:

This was a really enjoyable thread until some complete waste of space cowboy offered his usual unpleasentness!

I found Streetcowboys post humorous, some folks are a bit too serious.

My apologies for that; I had intended it purely as a spiteful wind-up to quench any flicker of positivity that might glimmer on TV.

Up till your post, I thought I had found a new and untapped rich vein of spleen and bile amongst posters who otherwise might be tempted to withhold their venom.

SC

I'm struggling to think of any specifically Thai positive stories; most of the pleasant experiences I have had here could equally have occurred elsewhere.

The only reason we stay here is for the excellent education that my children enjoy at their exceptional school.

Though as others will tell you, education is a waste of money and the only education worth having is one from the approved school of life.

This is a good and timely thread. Sometimes there are so many negative posts on Thai Visa that it is disheartening.

As an elderly person who has retired here, with no wish to have a Thai partner but just a desire to live quietly, I have been treated over the last 2 years with exquisite courtesy and honesty. I am rarely allowed to pay for shared meals, I am cared for within an inch of my life (sometimes annoyingly so), taken to hospital when necessary, and generally cossetted. My experience has been mainly in CR: perhaps other places are different. Please don't get me wrong: I pay my way, and when I am not allowed to contribute to costs I give a gift later. I admire, respect and enjoy the sometimes confusing behaviour of my hosts. They, no doubt, find me equally strange. I have observed them closely over time and I know they are honest and honourable, although I wish they were somewhat kinder to the Laotian gardener. I trust them implicitly and without reservation. Yes, there are individual differences amongst the family, but generally I have been treated with a kindness that passes all understanding. I am genuinely grateful, if sometimes driven demented, by their genuine but overly enthusiastic care. In town, ladies in the marketplace chase me to make sure I have the correct change: my tuk tuk driver refunds part of my fare if he feels I have given him too much.

Cynics will say that this courtesy and care is entirely dependent upon my economic status. I disagree. And if it is, I do not care. For the moment, I am having a wonderful time: I have met some very interesting people and I have done some very interesting things.

On the other hand, (and I know this meant to be a positive post, so I apologise for the digression), I have seen appalling behaviour by certain farang. I have seen it with my own eyes. It amazes me that my hosts continue to be so kind. They seem to bounce back, ever hopeful. There seems to be a holy grail: to find the farang they imagine farangs to be. I won't mention the worst things I have seen, but the following anecdote is a good example. One day, during Songkran, my host and I met some farang in the walking street. He is proud of his Province and is always courteous and helpful. He offered these tourists a day out: so the next day he drove them hundreds of kms into the mountains, to various remote waterfalls and hill-tribe museums, etc. and, at the end of the day, he asked them for a photograph to remember them by. Oh no, they said: you will have to buy a photo: we have a web-site, and we are professional photographers.

I have seen far worse behaviours, and I am often ashamed. Deeply ashamed.

Interesting and somewhat disheartening story, but i am perplexed somewhat. Why exactly are you deeply ashamed of the behavior of complete strangers from an unknown country? Do your Thai acquaintances somehow associate the behavior of any non-thais with you? Or do you yourself associate yourself with anyone who isn't Thai and their behavior in general?

My apologies for that; I had intended it purely as a spiteful wind-up to quench any flicker of positivity that might glimmer on TV.

Try getting some friends to talk to :jerk:

No-one deserves that, surely

SC

Everybody deserves a hair dresser.

scnr

I found Streetcowboys post humorous, some folks are a bit too serious.

Up till your post, I thought I had found a new and untapped rich vein of spleen and bile amongst posters who otherwise might be tempted to withhold their venom.

SC

I'm struggling to think of any specifically Thai positive stories; most of the pleasant experiences I have had here could equally have occurred elsewhere.

The only reason we stay here is for the excellent education that my children enjoy at their exceptional school.

Though as others will tell you, education is a waste of money and the only education worth having is one from the approved school of life.

I totally disagree about education being a waste of money, but this is not the teachers' forum.

Staying in Thailand because the education for kids is excellent is a novelty though.

Yes, there are some good international schools here, but Thailand is not exactly leading in the region, is it?

Edited by tombkk

Hi, we have been coming to thailand for 10 years now, for a few months at a time each time. when we 1st arrived we met 2 girls, one was working in a restaurant and one had a clerical job and this was in a very touristy area, they didn’t know each other at the time but gradually on our 1st trip we all got to know each other and said we’d keep in touch. 2 or 3 years we saw them and had really great fun but gradually we got bored of the beach scene and found other places to visit and they moved on to pastures new. one went to australia to study and she ended up marrying an australian and settling there, they have a child now who has learning difficulties, but we still exchange many emails and have met her once last year when she returned to thailand for her sisters wedding. our most fondest travelling memories are when her family invited to stay in bangkok above their hardware shop, they wouldn’t let us pay for anything as they were just so proud to show us their amazing city, they even got us tickets to the chinese state circus. the other girl moved back to her home town and settled down with he childhood sweetheart, she has a good job as does he and they now have a new baby and we e-mail a lot too. again our fondest memories are when we were invited to stay with the family for a relatives wedding, again they didn’t allow us to pay for anything as we were their guests, it just goes to show you that there are thais that do not see you as a walking bank. we have not seen her for about 5 years, but all the stars must be in alignment because the friend in australia will be in thailand when we are this year and we are all going to see friend number 2 together. i class these as amongst my closest friends, time and distance has not damped the friendships, something i don’t come across very often in the uk. who’d have thought that as 1st time travellers to thailand all those years ago we would have found such lovely friends, roll on december. they showed us great hospitality and it is such a shame we cannot return such warmth to them, we tried getting friend number 2 over to england twice but visas were refused both time, such a shame....

Hi, we have been coming to thailand for 10 years now, for a few months at a time each time. when we 1st arrived we met 2 girls, one was working in a restaurant and one had a clerical job and this was in a very touristy area, they didn't know each other at the time but gradually on our 1st trip we all got to know each other and said we'd keep in touch. 2 or 3 years we saw them and had really great fun but gradually we got bored of the beach scene and found other places to visit and they moved on to pastures new. one went to australia to study and she ended up marrying an australian and settling there, they have a child now who has learning difficulties, but we still exchange many emails and have met her once last year when she returned to thailand for her sisters wedding. our most fondest travelling memories are when her family invited to stay in bangkok above their hardware shop, they wouldn't let us pay for anything as they were just so proud to show us their amazing city, they even got us tickets to the chinese state circus. the other girl moved back to her home town and settled down with he childhood sweetheart, she has a good job as does he and they now have a new baby and we e-mail a lot too. again our fondest memories are when we were invited to stay with the family for a relatives wedding, again they didn't allow us to pay for anything as we were their guests, it just goes to show you that there are thais that do not see you as a walking bank. we have not seen her for about 5 years, but all the stars must be in alignment because the friend in australia will be in thailand when we are this year and we are all going to see friend number 2 together. i class these as amongst my closest friends, time and distance has not damped the friendships, something i don't come across very often in the uk. who'd have thought that as 1st time travellers to thailand all those years ago we would have found such lovely friends, roll on december. they showed us great hospitality and it is such a shame we cannot return such warmth to them, we tried getting friend number 2 over to england twice but visas were refused both time, such a shame....

That's wonderful! Why have you only joined TV to post this story today?

Obviously I'm not at all cynical.

5 Beautiful University educated girlfriends who have never asked for money is what I call POSITIVE!!

:sleepy:

Lets give it up to the mighty Stud.

A couple of lookers, much better looking than some of the monkeys I see hanging around with many Western guys in Thailand - I do get diabloJoe's point, although by pointing out that he has dated a handful of women who aren't fugly doesn't really say a great deal other than "I think most westerners here have to pay for it and I'm proud because I don't have to shag ugly girls and pay for it"... Fair enough... His happy story. I saw one chappy walking around emporium today who in no way would get away with posting a picture of himself and the shocker he was with !!!!

5 Beautiful University educated girlfriends who have never asked for money is what I call POSITIVE!!

A couple of lookers, much better looking than some of the monkeys I see hanging around with many Western guys in Thailand - I do get diabloJoe's point, although by pointing out that he has dated a handful of women who aren't fugly doesn't really say a great deal other than "I think most westerners here have to pay for it and I'm proud because I don't have to shag ugly girls and pay for it"... Fair enough... His happy story. I saw one chappy walking around emporium today who in no way would get away with posting a picture of himself and the shocker he was with !!!!

Firstly - I also give it up for Diablo Joe - great effort my man. Of course it does help that you are a young guy with good looks. Some of us blokes are getting to the latter half of the life calendar and have to try harder to get the lookers.

I also see some farang guys strutting around with shockers on their arm. Millions of available women in this country and you end up with someone who fell out of the ugly tree? Sheesh!!

Hi, we have been coming to thailand for 10 years now, for a few months at a time each time. when we 1st arrived we met 2 girls, one was working in a restaurant and one had a clerical job and this was in a very touristy area, they didn't know each other at the time but gradually on our 1st trip we all got to know each other and said we'd keep in touch. 2 or 3 years we saw them and had really great fun but gradually we got bored of the beach scene and found other places to visit and they moved on to pastures new. one went to australia to study and she ended up marrying an australian and settling there, they have a child now who has learning difficulties, but we still exchange many emails and have met her once last year when she returned to thailand for her sisters wedding. our most fondest travelling memories are when her family invited to stay in bangkok above their hardware shop, they wouldn't let us pay for anything as they were just so proud to show us their amazing city, they even got us tickets to the chinese state circus. the other girl moved back to her home town and settled down with he childhood sweetheart, she has a good job as does he and they now have a new baby and we e-mail a lot too. again our fondest memories are when we were invited to stay with the family for a relatives wedding, again they didn't allow us to pay for anything as we were their guests, it just goes to show you that there are thais that do not see you as a walking bank. we have not seen her for about 5 years, but all the stars must be in alignment because the friend in australia will be in thailand when we are this year and we are all going to see friend number 2 together. i class these as amongst my closest friends, time and distance has not damped the friendships, something i don't come across very often in the uk. who'd have thought that as 1st time travellers to thailand all those years ago we would have found such lovely friends, roll on december. they showed us great hospitality and it is such a shame we cannot return such warmth to them, we tried getting friend number 2 over to england twice but visas were refused both time, such a shame....

That's wonderful! Why have you only joined TV to post this story today?

Obviously I'm not at all cynical.

to caitlinhappymeal, welcome to Thaivisa and thank you for taking the time to share your warm and enjoyable story. There is a formula you know about Thaivisa, it's not quite 100% accurate but for those it applies to if the cap fits......wear it. The formula is.........

The more posts that you have on Thaivisa = the more bitter, twisted and cynical you are.

To f1fanatic

You've got opinion incontinence, get a life.

Edited by theblether

Thanks man, I think some of those shockers are women who work on Huay Kwang massage spa's and are mostly frequented by wealthy thai men but they are quite stunning. I'm just happy that the girls I have are educated and 1 was a virgin before she met me! I just dont like breaking a girls heart who has such a good one to begin with. I'm not the best looking guy out there but I think it just comes down to making the ladies feel comfortable around you and speaking a little thai always helps. Have you guys ever seen a westerner with a hot chick from a wealthy family?

Firstly - I also give it up for Diablo Joe - great effort my man. Of course it does help that you are a young guy with good looks. Some of us blokes are getting to the latter half of the life calendar and have to try harder to get the lookers.

I also see some farang guys strutting around with shockers on their arm. Millions of available women in this country and you end up with someone who fell out of the ugly tree? Sheesh!!

And hit every branch on the way down !!!

But apologies, we are hijacking a thread, so back on topic and an offering from my bank of positive Thai experiences.....

Happy stories... Plenty here: One of which is a friendship of over 10 years with someone who has now become one of my most trusted friends, a Thai chappy nonetheless... One night we were celebrating his Birthday and an attractive young lady walked into the club, I had one of those 'she will be mine' moments... This young lady in question was a good friend of my trusted friends wife, we were introduced and chatted a little.... The next day it was my friends wife who I called up to arrange dinner with this young lady... The going joke now is that my friends wife told this young lady, "he's a nice guy, its only dinner its not as if you are going to get married"... Two years later we got married !!!

Edited by richard_smith237

Happy stories... Plenty here: One of which is a friendship of over 10 years with someone who has now become one of my most trusted friends, a Thai chappy nonetheless... One night we were celebrating his Birthday and an attractive young lady walked into the club, I had one of those 'she will be mine' moments... This young lady in question was a good friend of my trusted friends wife, we were introduced and chatted a little.... The next day it was my friends wife who I called up to arrange dinner with this young lady... The going joke now is that my friends wife told this young lady, "he's a nice guy, its only dinner its not as if you are going to get married"... Two years later we got married !!!

Now *that's* a beautiful story. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!