Marriage Visa

I've never gone for a marriage visa before and my 30-day entry is about up and figured this might be easier than doing a visa run.

What do I need to bring to immigration to obtain a marriage visa? What are the costs?

Thanks in advance for any informed responses.

You should have at least a week remaining for conversion inside Thailand (it used to be 21 days officially) so it might be best to visit a Consulate for a single entry non immigrant O visa with marriage certificate/wife id card and home register copies. For conversion inside Thailand the cost is 2,000 baht and proof of being able to meet marriage extension of stay requirements.

You should have at least a week remaining for conversion inside Thailand (it used to be 21 days officially) so it might be best to visit a Consulate for a single entry non immigrant O visa with marriage certificate/wife id card and home register copies. For conversion inside Thailand the cost is 2,000 baht and proof of being able to meet marriage extension of stay requirements.

Thanks.

Any links you have to better give me an understanding of the requirements? I've read things about needing income statements and others make no mention of it. Are there multi types of marriage visas?

Also, we live in an apartment and there is no house registration nor am I on the apartment contract as they only let one person's name on the lease. However, we were planning to put my name on one of the family house registrations. Bottom line is my name being on a house registration required or are you just saying her house registration with her name on it?

With the immigration office being so far now, I am just trying to avoid multiple trips and make sure I have everything I need on 1-visit.

I think my 30-day entry stamp expires around the 23rd. So it sounds like if I am going to do this I need to get this going asap.

To start with you can get 60 days extension based on marriage without showing anything else than marriage certificate.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get one year extension you have to show funds and have a non-immigrant visa.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Paperwork for one year extension:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

You are asking about extension of stay rather than visa (from immigration) so you need to prove marriage and have 400k in your name bank account (passbook/bank letter of account balance) or your embassy letter of 40k per month income or tax records/employment for your income/work permit if local. You will need passport and wife should have her ID card and home register (regardless of where living). If not the same address have a copy of lease. You will have to have 2,000 baht for the fee. Be sure to go with wife.

To start with you can get 60 days extension based on marriage without showing anything else than marriage certificate.

A 60 day extension of a visa exempt will not qualify him for marriage extension of stay. He must have a non immigrant visa entry.

A 60 day extension of a visa exempt will not qualify him for marriage extension of stay. He must have a non immigrant visa entry.

As stated later in post #4

To get one year extension you have to show funds and have a non-immigrant visa.

Appreciate the detailed response.

Ok, I "think' this is starting to make sense.

Since I am currently in Thailand on a 30-day visa exempt status (I just got back less than 30-days ago), I can go to immigration and get this 60-day extension .... I assume it is the typical 1900 Baht and bring the standard stuff with me along with marriage certificate.

As for the 1-year Visa, can I get this after the 60-day extension or do I need to be on another type of visa first? I really don't understand the letter (O) terminology when referring to Visa types.