Japanese Car Import

mallmagician

Don't expect to find anyone up here as there's no market for all the hassle one goes through. You may get lucky making the rounds with speciality car dealers in BKK. If you're looking to bring in a used car I think you can pretty much forget it unless you're Thai and you've lived abroad long enough to own the car for more than a year and a half. This same import ban applies to used motorcycles too. I know, been there done that.

OK, now we understand! You're looking for someone who can help you import a car you already own into CM from Japan!

Duh!

He's looking for someone to source the car so I don't think he owns it. Also dealerships don't normally import, they distribute cars imported by others.

Yes, I want someone primarily to take the headache out of importing a car. Again, I'm aware of the taxes involved. I'm looking for an importer that can do the leg work, and handle the taxes when it arrives in port.

I can source the vehicle, but am also interested in an importers contacts in the Japanese car market.

Thnx

Yes, I want someone primarily to take the headache out of importing a car. Again, I'm aware of the taxes involved. I'm looking for an importer that can do the leg work, and handle the taxes when it arrives in port.

I can source the vehicle, but am also interested in an importers contacts in the Japanese car market.

Thnx

Try the TV classifieds. I saw this ad for a Nissan GTR, probably not what your looking for, but it looks likes he imports from Japan http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/cars/for-sale-nissan-gtr-r35-2009-118353.html

Thnx

If you leave the south west corner of the moat towards the airport, one of the car places on your left (well before Nyom Panich Toyota on your right) does just this, and MAY bring in a specific model for you.

I have 2 chums with 2 stories about them. One was delighted with the service and value for money. The other was just about to buy a Camry, but took along someone with specific knowledge of the model. He immediately recognised that it was an 'ordinary' Toyota, re-badged. This was pointed out to the proprietor, who smiled and agreed.

Last time I looked they had TWO Audi TTs in from Japan. But would Audi Thailand ever repair them I wonder?

'Caveat emptor', as always!

No Trade Descriptions Act around here.

Thnx

Have purchased and imported vehicles from Japan for 14 years - only to North America. For many years the best to deal with, and not just my experience was http://www.providecars.com. I still buy the odd vehicle from them, but have never attempted a shipment to Thailand - it just sounds like to much of a bother.

They are many many others, but the little problems that are common get bothersome. If you search well you can find many reports, British and Aussie importer have many a recommendation. http://www.rizubi.com/ is one such example, they can be a pain, but in recent contacts they confirmed that they regular take apart and ship motorcycles to Bangkok. Rizubi was very quick this year to return my auction purchasing deposit.