Walkway Between Domestic & International Airport

phuketpaddy

Hello,

Can anyone give me directions on how to get to the Domestic Airport in Bangkok from the International airport, ive been told you can take a walkway from one to the other in only 10 minutes walk which is more often than not quicker than waiting for a taxi or a bus, is this true and if so how do i find this walkway after arriving at terminal 1

Cheers

Hello,

Can anyone give me directions on how to get to the Domestic Airport in Bangkok from the International airport, ive been told you can take a walkway from one to the other in only 10 minutes walk which is more often than not quicker than waiting for a taxi or a bus, is this true and if so how do i find this walkway after arriving at terminal 1

Cheers

Go up to the 2nd floor and walk South thru the Terminal 2 office area, there are signs from this point on it's quite easy and I do most every time in both directions just to kill time. On the other hand the shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes and is free.

I've walked it many times. It is a really really long straight tube...very much like science fiction. If you have a hard time finding it you might ask people where the Thai food court is located because it is in the international terminal right where the long tube walkway begins. Its ok to take a baggage cart with you.

At least the walkway is air conditioned now. I remember needing to run along there about 8 or so years ago with a heavily loaded trolly before the aircon. Lost 5 lbs.

:o

The aircon isn't all that reliable though. :D

cv

Hello,

Cheers

Question: What is your destination from the Domestic terminal..... If it was Chiangmai or Phuket, just skip immigration in Bangkok go to the transfer desk and let them drive you to your airplane! If not the above, follow everybody else's instructions...... :o

easy to locate, when you "run the gauntlet" through the "taxi sir" and "starry eyed tilac's" awaiting the newly loaded ATM kepp walking straight ahead, go up an escalator to the 2nd floor and and walk up a slope, there will be a 7-11 kind of store on your right and then your entering the tunnel. look for the golf buggy, if they want a tip tell them that housing in Hua hin will rise in value 25% this year :o