What Kind Of Motor Oil Do You Use ?

KRS1

What about Mobil 1 synthetic? Thats what i use to use. Didn't know there was non synthetic mobil one.

Mobil 1 synthetic diesel is widely available. I think I mentioned earlier it's only 5w/40. I sort of like a bit heavier grade for this climate. I believe there aren't any friction modifiers added to diesel specific oil. Regular Mobil 1 car oil I would never use for sure.

The bottle I have says "Mobil Delvac Super 1400, for Heavy Loaded Commercial Engines".

I'm sure there is an even more expensive Mobil 1 motorbike specific oil with JASO MA rating. Mobil 1 generic I do not know the JASO rating if it has one.

Last time I looked Rotela was not available in Thailand. Please correct me if I am wrong.

How much is Mobil 1 going for nowadays? I use to use it when i had a car, but remember it being really expensive.

Be careful as Mobil 1 may have friction modifiers which do not go well with wet clutch. I used it in my VW a long time ago it was pricey back then. Ok for CVT scooters but Honda has a cheaper alternative (dino oil) specially for CVT scooters.

yamaha also have a special oil developed for CVT scooters ,cant remember the name of it though but it comes in tiny bottles so the guy had to put two of them in my nouvo

I stick Mobil1 5W30 in the click and Motul 300V Factoryline 10W40 in the Fino.

I've always used mobil1 in all the engines i've owned. The Motul is a change, but thats the best oil they have at the Yamaha dealership. nothing wrong with it (I actually think it's better than the mobil1) except that its real expensive.

I've always used mobil1 in all the engines i've owned. The Motul is a change, but thats the best oil they have at the Yamaha dealership. nothing wrong with it (I actually think it's better than the mobil1) except that its real expensive.

they have yamalube engine and yama cvt oil in the dealer i go to in bkk ,ive never seen them using any other brands

they have yamalube engine and yama cvt oil in the dealer i go to in bkk ,ive never seen them using any other brands

The dealership on huay kaew road in CNX has Motul on the shelf.

What about Mobil 1 synthetic? Thats what i use to use. Didn't know there was non synthetic mobil one.

Mobil 1 synthetic diesel is widely available. I think I mentioned earlier it's only 5w/40. I sort of like a bit heavier grade for this climate. I believe there aren't any friction modifiers added to diesel specific oil. Regular Mobil 1 car oil I would never use for sure.

The bottle I have says "Mobil Delvac Super 1400, for Heavy Loaded Commercial Engines".

unless i missed something in the last 35 years of my life, Mobil 1 is the ExxonMobil Synthetic oil.

if it is missing the "1" in the Mobil name, it aint synthetic, just normal ExxonMobil dinosaur oil.

there is a mobil 1 delvac, but by going what your label says, what you have isn't the synthetic but the regular mineral stuff. that is why it costs you only 110baht/L.

the mobil 1 i stick in my bike is about 650baht/L (locally and worldwide) the Motul is upwards 900baht/L (by the 1L bottle).

I'm sure there is an even more expensive Mobil 1 motorbike specific oil with JASO MA rating. Mobil 1 generic I do not know the JASO rating if it has one.

Last time I looked Rotela was not available in Thailand. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mobil 1 has the racing 4T for bikes,used to bring it over from my country as it was 15w50 but stopped when they changed it to 10w40.Now I'm using the Mobil Delvac diesel full synthetic but would actually like to find a full synthetic 20w50 as I have air cooled cruiser.

As for the 110 Baht Mobil 1 is for sure a knock off as Mobil 1 only exist in full synthetic.

Mobil 1 has currently a vtwin 20w50 oil but that will most probably never show up in Thailand.

Edited by janverbeem

I stumbled upon a shop selling mobil 1 products and they had a 15w 50 which i was interested in using in my triumph twin. They had a couple of different types but not the m/c specific racing 4tand the girl even gave me a brochure (in thai). I went back past the next day and they were sticking up a big mobil sign above their shop so maybe a good outlet for M1 products. I may pop back in there and ask if they can get the 15w 50 racing for me. It is located on the hang dong road on the left heading into town just past the honda dealer. It is only a small place.

*Edit* I just found this on Mobil Thailands website so it must be available.

http://www.mobil.com/Thailand-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_Racing_4T.aspx

Edited by Bung

How do you get Mobil thailand website in English?I only get the Thai version with no tab to change languages.

open it with google chrome ,on most sites it will ask if you would like the page translated

wana, i guess you mean http://translate.google.com/ ?

No need to install the chrome browser :)

But if you have the chrome browser ,the first thing it will ask you is ..........Do you want to always translate thai pages to english ? YES / NO

very fast and convenient :)