Travelling From Bang Yai To Central Bkk?

phuturatica

I'm going to be moving to Bangkok in November and I have been asked if I would like to live with a friend in Ban Yai which is situated in the suburbs of Bangkok. Only problem is, I only ever went there in the past via a taxi which cost about 450THB

Does anyone know if there are any transport links to Bang Yai which would bring me back into the centre of Bangkok as that's where I'll be working. If not, I may have to consider getting my own apartment closer to the work place.

Does anyone on this forum live in Bang Yai? :)

I have a house a few km away, closer to town.

the next year there will be a train to the town centre, but you might need a few changes of transport to get to your work, so probably not worth it.

ask your friend how far the place is from the nearest station

I live around that area and my gf usually takes a minivan or bus if she wants to go to central bangkok.

I have used them too in the past but i prefer taxi's. But a good option is taking a minivan to the mall and then the 522 buss to victory monument, from there you can take any sky train you want.

But traffic is real bad at the moment especially in the mornings. I am happy i don't have to visit Bangkok during rush hour.