A Question For The Scouser

I am a British national, a teacher based here in Thailand. What I would like to know is whether it is at all possible for me to accompany two students and a Thai teacher to the U.K on a two week visit.

The Thai teacher is a former colleague/friend and I am friends with the children's parents.

The parents are willing to pay the costs for their children. I will cover the costs for myself and my friend as it will be necessary to take a Thai speaker with me.

What is the visa application process in our case ? It is a bit of an unusual question for this board but I have had a look at the U.K embassy website and am still none the wiser.

I don't see anything wrong with that in principle. Your friend and the 2 kids should apply for visit visas. I suggest that your friend provides evidence of his employment and a letter stating when he will resume work. The children could perhaps obtain letters from their school explaining that the trip is for educational purposes and also document their parents' ability to pay for the trip. You can back up your friend's application by providing proof of your ability to pay for the trip, evidence of accommodation, and a copy of your passport which shows your immigration status in Thailand.

Cheers,

Scouse.

It should not be a problem, my girlfriend did a similar thing, she is a teacher and university lecturer. When she came over for a visit she applied on the basis that she would be using it as educational exercise for herself.

I arranged through contacts here for her to spend 3 days each week at 2 different schools. She had a letter of invitation from the schools together with a letter from her boss at university agreeing to her coming here during her work time (so she did not use any of her holidays :o ).

She also had to provide the usual details of where she was staying and money in the bank etc., she provided all the info on the Friday and was told to pick up her visa on the following Tuesday. No problem at all, she said the main concern that the embassy people had was her being able to afford to the trip.

As long as you have everything prepared I can not see it being a problem.

Andrew