Bloc Party & Massive Attack @ Sri Panwa

Kernow86

From the Facebook event page:

Are you ready for this? Baba Poolclub & A.G. Productions are hosting Asia's hottest beachside party Phuket has seen with an A-List performance line up that will have you rocking from dusk 'til dawn and beyond!

Be prepared to party with Bloc Party, Massive Attack, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Vincenzo & Lovebirds and so many more DJ's and celebrities from abroad.

Sri panwa's special guests also include Korean superstars and much more! Ladies we hope you understand that these are our invited VIP guests…whether or not they perform will be a surprise!

A huge thank you to our sponsors: A.G. Productions, Smirnoff, Mont Clair, D.A.S., Wahoo!

Free entry R.S.V.P's are officially CLOSED. Tickets are available for presale at THB 2,000 per person (incl. 2 drinks) from 16-27 September 2011, tickets may be purchased directly at Sri panwa (please see Air or Clare) or by calling 076371099 ext: 5025 or 5024.

After September 27th, tickets will be sold at the door only for THB 3,000 per person (incl. 2 drinks)

Tickets are strictly limited. So grab yours now for this once-in-a-lifetime event featuring the hottest DJ's and celebrities from Europe & Asia!

Edited by insertcoins

Quoting that Facebook page:

... we hope you understand that these are our invited VIP guests…whether or not they perform will be a surprise!

That is like saying that I've invited The Queen of England to join my party - whether she attends or not will be a surprise ==> absolutely no chance at all!!!

I think you might be disappointed if you attend the party on the expectation that these acts will actually perform.

Simon

Massive Attack is confirmed. Bloc Party only the lead singer will be there, and from the looks of it will most likely do a DJ set. I wish Sri Panwa would specify this, as people could be really disappointed if they expect to see the full band.

Edited by insertcoins

• 2 weeks later...

i was there on wednesday night. massive attack cancelled at the last minute. kele from bloc party did a dj set. i also stayed to dance to sets by dj alex from tokyo and dj gregory. i left around 1:00 a.m. and there were still dj's left to hit the decks. all in all, the party was fun. it was at baba pool club which is swank. the had really nice cocktails. lots of people there...nothing bad to say about a sri panwa party ever.

i responded to the invite on facebook, and was immediately put on the guest list. i had free entrance, but paid an initial 500 THB for two drink tickets. i don't think the party was a rip-off, and judging from the amount of people there, people were willing to pay 3000 baht for the ticket. if i hadn't been put on the guest list, i probably wouldn't have gone as it was a work night. glad i did go, though, as it was fun.

now, i am done with responding to people's sh*t remarks about thai baht, hands in the air, etc...

i responded to the invite on facebook, and was immediately put on the guest list. i had free entrance, but paid an initial 500 THB for two drink tickets. i don't think the party was a rip-off, and judging from the amount of people there, people were willing to pay 3000 baht for the ticket. if i hadn't been put on the guest list, i probably wouldn't have gone as it was a work night. glad i did go, though, as it was fun.

now, i am done with responding to people's sh*t remarks about thai baht, hands in the air, etc...

Good for you amyb, if you say it was fun, I know it was.

He, who cares, you had a good time, that is all that matters.

Even if you paid 5,000 Baht and you think it was worth it, fine.