Poll Finds Thai Kids Start Smoking At 5, Drinking At 4

webfact

Luckily it is only an ABAC poll. Another agency that loves to make up data that is not there. I bet that Noppadol Kannikais in need of attention. It must be his finest hour. Now we need to see the data, to see how he polled, where he polled, how scientific the respondents were selected or if mister Noppadol simply went into the local slump and polled over there. I bet that the poll is one piece of engineered rubbish.

Perhaps the poll is, as you suggest ," engineered rubbish" , but it doesn't really matter since the reporting of it is fabricated and manipulated rubbish.

Obviously Thai follow the old cliche; The facts don't count! Its the message!

The survey was conducted among 12.25 million people aged between 12 and 24 from 17 provinces nationwide from August 15 to September 14.

Sorry am I reading this right they surveyed 12.25M people all within a 12 year age span across 17 provinces in 1 day short of a month?

Taken from Population Pyramid 2000

Age Male Female Totals (M's)

10-14: 1.4, 1.4, 2.8

15-19: 2.9, 2.9, 5.8

20-24: 3.5, 3.5, 7.0

15.6M

That works out to 78% of the total demography in 1 month. Impossible.

Exactly... and ABAC polls? no authenticity at all... I know coz I worked at ABAC before...

"When asked how to address this problem, 90.5 percent suggested promoting positive quality of life among Thai youths, 83.6 percent suggested an economic reform, 83.3 percent said risky places for teens such as gambling dens and pubs must be shut down while 73 percent suggested a political reform."

Wow these Thai teenagers must be pretty sophisticated and knowledgeable to suggest such complicated solutions. Remember that they are ages 12-24. At that age my mind was not on political reform. And how is it 12-16 year olds are getting into gambling dens and pubs? Sounds like a lot of water buffalo poop to me! :lol::jap:

If any of you had any brains you would now the cause of this and maybe how to trevent this or slow it down.

1. Shut down the majority of these so called Mom & Pop stores that sell everything to anyone.

2. More and proper eduction on these topics in school - instead of the teachers going home at 12:00 (NOON)

This is from an unknown link at 2bangkok.com

Illegal Drug Use Among Thai Youth

วัยรุ่นไทยที่เสพยาเสพติด

Posted on September 18, 2011 by Amnuay

ABAC Poll Research Center. ABAC Assumption University (ABAC).

Subject; The report estimates the number of children and youth drug use nationwide. Case studies, age 12-24 both in and out of education.

Methodology;

1) 17 provinces are included in the survey.

2) 12,253,191 people are being surveyed including both children and youth who are in school and out of school.

3) 15th August 2011 – September 2011.

The sample showed that 51.1 percent is males and 48.9 percent is female. 32.2 percent aged between 12-15 years, 39.5 percent aged between 16-20 years and 28.3 percent aged between 21-24 years. 1.7 percent did not attend school at all, 78.5 percent is still studying and 19.8 percent are college graduated now.

Table 1 shows the percentage of smoking, drinking alcohol and cocktail in the last 3 months.

Rank.Cigarettes, drinking alcoholic and cocktail.Percentage.Average age started smoking/drinking.Earliest time starting smoking/drinking.1.Smoking.20.7.15 years.5 years.2.Alcohol.35.0.16 years.4 years.3.Beer35.8.16 years.4 years.4.Juice mixed with alcohol.24.2.16 years.4 years.Table 2 The estimated number of children and young people using drugs throughout the country by the category of drug in the last 3 months.

Rank.CategoryTotal (Persons).Average age (years).Age at first use (years).1Drugs (excluding alcohol and tobacco).1,715,447. 2.Marijuana894 483.17 years. 3Amphetamine649 419.17 years.7 years.4Drug ice.563 647.16 years. 5Sleep / relaxation therapy.453 368.17 years. 6Hut428 862.17 years. 7Volatile.343 089.15 years. 8E drugs/ecstasy/pills love.171 545.16 years. 9Cocaine110 279. 10Heroine98,026. 11Opium85,772. Table 3 shows the results of statistical analysis and research on the causes of behavior problems. That lead to drug abuse.

Rank.Behavior/problems in children and young people.Increase in chance of

smoking/drinking alcohol.Increase in chance of

using drugs.1Smoking. 5 times.2.Drinking. 7 times.3The problem of learning / education.2 times.1 times.4Financial problems.2 times.2 times.5Family problems.2 times.2 times.6Problems with girlfriend / lover.3 times.3 times.7Personal health issues.2 times.2 times.8Problems with friends.2 times.2 times.9Problem with work.2 times.2 times.Table 4 shows the percentage of opinions on what the government and adults in society should do.

Rank.Issues.Percent1Should increase the area of ​​promoting good quality of life of Thai youth.90.5.2.The economic reform.83.6.3The social reform.83.3.4Eliminate the risk of damaging the quality of life, for example entertainment and gambling.82.6.5The political reform.73.0.6Freedom of opinion.71.4.7Want to see all political parties are working in harmony.68.4.8Want to see all Politicians as a good example in term of working for the best benefit for all.68.1.9Looking for a strong democracy.66.9.10Do not want to see the use of violence to solve problems.64.5.

I pasted it in table form but it changed on here, so, go to 2bangkok.com to look at the table

Edited by rametindallas

If any of you had any brains you would now the cause of this and maybe how to trevent this or slow it down.

1. Shut down the majority of these so called Mom & Pop stores that sell everything to anyone.

2. More and proper eduction on these topics in school - instead of the teachers going home at 12:00 (NOON)

What a dolt!<_<

I once saw a Thai woman in a girlie show smoke with her .........oops, I guess that doesn't count in the survey.

Seriously though, they mention 'alcohol and drugs.' Better to say, 'alcohol and other drugs.' After all, alcoholic drinks are drugs, are they not?

Interesting that both drugs mentioned, alcohol and tobacco, are legal in Thailand. The impression is that these two legal drugs are causing the lion's share of harm to Thais - and that's a conclusion I would agree with. Meanwhile, the 'War Against Drugs' is targeting illegal drugs, some of which (like hemp) can't get you high at all - you might as well smoke dried leaves from your lawn - to get as much of a buzz.

As has been said by other users here NONE OF THESE FIGURES MAKE SENSE.

TV should either remove the thread or get ABAC/TAN to explain....

Enough of this kind of nonesense.....

Only the last paragraph:

As for other opinions, respondents said the public must have the right to express their opinions. They also commented that politicians are a bad role model as they think only of their personal gain

made any sense at all and that might be the [hidden] agenda!

Edited by KKK