Getting Picked Up.

Saleen

Hey all:

I know this may not be too unusual as I've only lived in Thailand the past 2 months but it's kind of wierd how women that are not from the bar scene pick up guys.

In BKK eating lunch in a regular restaurant, as I though, when after I ate my meal my waitress came over and sat on my lap. Well I looked over at the other workers, they just smiled. I did not expect that as it was not one of those places where the girl just comes to your table to keep you company then solicits.

Another instance was when a girl stopped me outside the salon she was working at. Obviously she asked me if I wanted a haircut then she said if I don't have a date with a bar girl then maybe we go for a movie and a drink.

These girls were very nice girls and I only paid for drinks & movie. I was actually waiting for them to state their price but they just said call me.

It felt so different that I now only go to the bars once a week as there are always women flirting; this is coming from an average Joe

Does anyone else have similar stories or comments?

Saleen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think yourself lucky! I was having a meal in the Khon Kaen hotel a few years ago and one of the waiters came and sat on my lap :o

Mind you, he was a bit of a sweety :D

I know of an instance when a waitress sat on my mates lap and put her arms around him, embracing him. He thought that it must have been his lucky night.

It was later on that he realised his gold chain was no longer around his neck.

Son of a gun!

When I first came here in early Sept, I had my bouts of rip offs (taxi drivers and girls wanting a week of gfe) it was a learning experience!!

It has not happened... yet! My second day...

Saleen where are you?

You're young..it will happen as the girls really get off on young guys. I know you have a gf back home but you will have to go with your gut feeling if you want to take it further than a drink.

I'm at the Sawasdees Worabury hotel (spelling?) soi 4 near na na. I've made my home in Pattaya and will check out Koh Samui and Chiang Mai. I'm really looking forward to Chiang Mai as I hear they have the type of weather I prefer (16 to 25 celsius)

Jesse, just don't promise anything you cannot keep as ppl will hold you too it...trust me I've crossed that bridge already.

Watch out for the parents as well.

If I'm on my own I often get the parents quizzing me and then stating they want their daughter to marry a farang.

Probably for the dowry!

A guy I met here got picked up a Mc Donalds next to Robinsons. Funny...he went in for a big mac and came out with a date.

Pattaya is far worse (if you can call it worse) for street pick ups. Lot of the times they're freelancers off the beach but sometimes if you have a good attitude, young and don't act too wide eyed then this can sometimes end up as a regular date with not much cash being exchanged...go figure.

The MCDs near the Robinson's? LOL, that's really far removed from the bar scene.

The incidences you described I've had occur in Texas for crying out loud

Havent we all...lol However, when there's cash to be made and they forego it then that's special...well I think it is anyways.

I'll take the way a girl here treats us rather than a one night stand back home anyday.

Sorry for the crudeness as I don't want to exploit the sincerity of the girls here. I just want to hear other guys stories.

A word of warning. Before you 'do the deed' with a Thai girl who is not expecting to be reimbursed...you should be aware that there is a high likelyhood that she will then think that you are engaged or at least deeply involved....even if you have said or done nothing to indicate this. She may then suddenly become really possessive of you and might want to move in or keep close tabs on your activities etc.... I'm not trying to scare you off...forwarned is forwise.

Very true Chownah, and possibly once she's told her family and friends that she's got a farang boyfriend, breaking up with them can be a nightmare due to the loss of face.

Saleen, I pick up non-BGs, sometimes they pick me up. When they do, I ask myself 'Am I the first guy she's picked up? What's so special about me?'.

I've caught some non-BGs or 'nice' girls going through my wallet when they thought I was sleeping. One girl who worked in Central Rangsit wanted me for a sugardaddy. But by observing her actions I found out she had other guys financing and furnishing her condo. :D

You will find that there are some girls/women who do actually only want fun. But only time will tell you why they've singled you out. But don't ever lose your head. Observe and analyse everything they say and do and you may just find out something interesting. :o

Very true Chownah, and possibly once she's told her family and friends that she's got a farang boyfriend, breaking up with them can be a nightmare due to the loss of face.

Saleen, I pick up non-BGs, sometimes they pick me up. When they do, I ask myself 'Am I the first guy she's picked up? What's so special about me?'.

I've caught some non-BGs or 'nice' girls going through my wallet when they thought I was sleeping. One girl who worked in Central Rangsit wanted me for a sugardaddy. But by observing her actions I found out she had other guys financing and furnishing her condo. :D

You will find that there are some girls/women who do actually only want fun. But only time will tell you why they've singled you out. But don't ever lose your head. Observe and analyse everything they say and do and you may just find out something interesting. :o

Thanx Chownah & Gazza,

There was probably a good possibility that I would have been caught off guard in such a situation...and I would not have faulted them. Kind of been there before with a possessive girl in tland which I found out she had someone tailing me if I was seeing someone else on the side...I'm fortunate the break up was no too messy. This whole thing is nice on the ego but men should be on guard "not lose your head" on such situations.

I know of an instance when a waitress sat on my mates lap and put her arms around him, embracing him. He thought that it must have been his lucky night.

It was later on that he realised his gold chain was no longer around his neck.

Yeap, I know of a similar experience,

Still, it's the exception. not the norm :o

QUOTE(Sojourner @ 2005-11-11 08:31:16)

Having a farang boyfriend/husband is in vogue with the Thai girls. It's also considered a legitimate occupation in the Northeast. Love or not, we are all walking ATM machines in their eyes.

ATM machines? why do you say that?

do you have a pin code that will work for me?

we are open your eyes and keep them open as long they think there is something to get and after that you will be alone by yourself back home in mothers country and working for the dept you are in now

bitches are always one step advance you

check background first befor get to close and you will be a bit saver

we are open your eyes and keep them open as long they think there is something to get and after that you will be alone by yourself back home in mothers country and working for the dept you are in now

bitches are always one step advance you

check background first befor get to close and you will be a bit saver

well, thank you for that.

why do you think I am working in a dept? I am not, and never will be; in fact, I would hate to be in any dept

how about you, where do you work?

Thanx Chownah & Gazza,

There was probably a good possibility that I would have been caught off guard in such a situation...and I would not have faulted them.  Kind of been there before with a possessive girl in tland which I found out she had someone tailing me if I was seeing someone else on the side...I'm fortunate the break up was no too messy.  This whole thing is nice on the ego but men should be on guard "not lose your head" on such situations.

They have spies everywhere within their turf. Beware. :o

Fellas:

I was picked up at a place by a rich Chinese Malaysian lady. Now she keeps me as her lover. Takes me all over the world, spoils me, and makes sure I have the latest video games. Lots of women out there who will treat a guy rite. so why pay these little hump machiens money when they will pay you! Its more fun this way cause I know I only need to give her a good plumbing job and she will be happy. That is what she expects from me. Too many farangs here meet up with tehse girls and expect them to love them. Making a hooker yoru girlfriend. Go figure on this one. hel_l i figured that it is just sex and no big deal. Give the girl intense physical pleasure with a few lies u never intend to keep and she will treat you rite. It works here cause that is exactly whatthese hookers are doing to these wayward farnang men.

Turok

Fellas:

I was picked up at a place by a rich Chinese Malaysian lady.  Now she keeps me as her lover.  Takes me all over the world, spoils me, and makes sure I have the latest video games.  Lots of women out there who will treat a guy rite.  so why pay these little hump machiens money when they will pay you!  Its more fun this way cause I know I only need to give her a good plumbing job and she will be happy.  That is what she expects from me.  Too many farangs here meet up with tehse girls and expect them to love them.  Making a  hooker yoru girlfriend.  Go figure on this one.  hel_l i figured that it is just sex and no big deal.  Give the girl intense physical pleasure with a few lies u never intend to keep and she will treat you rite.  It works here cause that is exactly whatthese hookers are doing to these wayward farnang men. 

Turok

:o

Fellas:

I was picked up at a place by a rich Chinese Malaysian lady.  Now she keeps me as her lover.  Takes me all over the world, spoils me, and makes sure I have the latest video games.  Lots of women out there who will treat a guy rite.  so why pay these little hump machiens money when they will pay you!  Its more fun this way cause I know I only need to give her a good plumbing job and she will be happy.  That is what she expects from me.  Too many farangs here meet up with tehse girls and expect them to love them.  Making a  hooker yoru girlfriend.  Go figure on this one.  hel_l i figured that it is just sex and no big deal.  Give the girl intense physical pleasure with a few lies u never intend to keep and she will treat you rite.  It works here cause that is exactly whatthese hookers are doing to these wayward farnang men. 

Turok

I'm hoping, for your sake, that this is a joke post. But maybe it's for real.

I've met other guys before who think this is a great idea. It's quite a lame way for a man to live his life. How much self respect do you have?

But then again, what's self respect when you can have 'all the latest video games' :o

Please tell me you're joking

Eddie,

So whats wrong with reversing roles. I see no self respect in paying for a skanky hooker. Why should I have to give up $? i get treated well and yes, i do get the latest video games. Whats wrong with a woman paying for sex? Oh but its only ok for a man? There are lots of women doing it. They dont want to be bothered with a relationship. Just want some serious sex and be be kind to her. This isnt sleezy motel sex. No its nice Great travel and its professional. I have a normal job and earn good money. She doesnt expect anything form me but to treat her like a lady and satisfy her. Its not my full time occupation. Anyways, I dont understand where you see this as soemthing to do with my self respect.

Turok

Edited by Turok