50% September Discount Phyathai Hospital Sriracha

geordiel

Any of you unlucky enough to require a medical procedure or indeed just fancy a check-up .... Phyathai Hospital Sriracha has a "Birthday" discount of 50% during September.

I was referred for an X-Ray and CT Scan and the thought of heading back to the UK was not too appealing.

At Phyathai I was offered usual blood tests, X-Ray and CT Scan for 5500 baht. Great Value in my book.

What is your source for this information? The website lists only 3 promotions: a beauty treatment one, one for allergy treatment and then one for 3 vaccines (Hep A, B and the Herpes Zoster vaccine for adults - wrongly labeled "chicken pox").

I don';t see anywhere on the site a special promotion for diagnostic tests.

That said, the Hepatitis A & B and the herpes Zoster vaccine offer is good value. it's also the first time I've seen the adult Herpes Zoster vaccine listed in LOS, wonder if the other hospitals n ow have it to...still don't find it in MIMS.

What is your source for this information? The website lists only 3 promotions: a beauty treatment one, one for allergy treatment and then one for 3 vaccines (Hep A, B and the Herpes Zoster vaccine for adults - wrongly labeled "chicken pox").

I don';t see anywhere on the site a special promotion for diagnostic tests.

That said, the Hepatitis A & B and the herpes Zoster vaccine offer is good value. it's also the first time I've seen the adult Herpes Zoster vaccine listed in LOS, wonder if the other hospitals n ow have it to...still don't find it in MIMS.

Recently inquired about "Zostavax" Herpes Zoster (shingles) vaccine when in Australia and was surprised that it was not routinely prescribed there for older adults.

My doctor, nursing staff and pharmacist were quite ignorant about it.

It is available on order though but has a retail price of $225 (7000 baht).

I would suggest that what the thai hospital is promoting is " Varivax" the standard "chicken pox" vaccine which has a retail price of $60 (2000 baht).

If it is the real "Zostavax" I would recommend that every adult over 60 should rush the offer. I would not wish shingles on anyone if it can be so easily avoided by vaccination.

Cheers

Sanuk

Sorry for the misinformation.

I think the old adage of "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" applies here. Due to a language misunderstanding over the telephone, CT scans are not included in the promotional packages (3900 or 5500 baht). I ended up paying 17000 baht for X2 doctor consultations, blood tests, X-ray and CT scan. Result was fairly good news so I was happy to pay.

Ask for the Wellness Dept for further details on promotional checkup packages.