Outside Thailand, Non-O Visa Spouse Sample Letter?

Hi,

I'm planning to apply in the states for a Non-O visa based on marriage to my Thai wife.

I've seen many people talking about the required spousal letter, and I can imagine it is pretty simple. But I'd prefer not leaving anything to chance, so am hoping someone can either post or direct me to an example. I cannot find one on the site or off. Could be helpful to others in the future. This is the letter where the spouse confirms one is still married and desires a visit to Thailand.

Much appreciated,

Sanooki

That letter is almost never asked for and just added proof for issue at Consulates in the Asia region where more documentation is normally required. In US the marriage certificate will likely be all that is required but I would have copy of wife ID card and home register (often asked in Asia) just in case. If you want the extra letter just a simple 'please issue multi entry non immigrant visa to my husband John Doe to visit with me in Thailand' should do it.

A few weeks ago I obtained an O visa for visiting my Thai wife who is currently in Thailand on vacation with my child. All I provided was copy of our marriage certificate, her Thai ID, and a copy of her Thai passport bio page. I did provide a simple cover letter explaining what I wanted the application and of course the check. This was at the Portland OR honorary consulate in the US. It was very simple. No spouse letter required.

Thanks for all the replies folks. Interesting that some places may not even need a letter. Reassuring a very simple letter would suffice. The Chicago consulate, where I will probably apply, lists:

"a certified letter from the Thai spouse stating that he or she is still married to the applicant."

I figure since it has to be certified, and that means my wife has to create it, get it certified, and send it to me, it will be a pain to have to re-do. So want to get it right the first time. I might give them a call and ask. This could open me up to the whims of the particular clerk, I realize...

Certified is signed in normal Thai usage so suspect that is what they will tell you.

Good point, that makes sense. I had automatically been thinking in terms of certifying the signature-- notarizing. They do mention notarizing, a little ambiguously, after the next section on the retirement visa.

http://www.thaiconsulatechicago.org/clate/non-imm.html

But what they seem to want for this one, on second look, is the letter certified by the writer. That saves some of the cost I imagined. Now if I could get away with a printed email, things would be very easy.

Cheers

In the last 40 years of getting visas to visit family (wife) all any consulate as needed was a simple letter with wife's signature. If she can scan and PDF a signed letter to you that would most likely work.

Thanks. We talked about the scan idea this morning. She is a bit technically-challenged, so prefers to go the hard-copy, snail-mail route. I guess that will be simplest, but won't be free.