Condo Contract

Hi,

Was reading some forum before and some guy bought a off the plan condo, but when it came down to his final payment, he found out it was an empty shell.

I am aslo buying an off the plan condo at the moment and this is what is says in the contract:

The following products are separated from the condominium unit price: Fully furnished for type G, 3 air conditioners (1 of 18000 BTU, 2 of 7000 BTU) 1 water heater, 1 refrigerator on the total of 129,208 thb.

So fully furnished for type G means furniture in the condo/property such as beds, wardrobes, curtains, sofa/armchairs? plus the 3 air conditioners 1 water heater and refrigerator?

Also what does BTU mean?

Cheers

Shannon

There is no general definition of the term "Fully Furnished" so it should have been specified in the purchase agreement under a clause "Definition of Terms". It is usually the first clause after the Preamble.

Example

CLAUSE 1 - DEFINITION OF TERMS

1.1 "Alteration" shall mean changes to the House Plans or the Specifications after EDA.

1.2 "Annex" shall mean an attachment to this Agreement.

1.3 "BFE" shall mean Buyer furnished equipment.

1.4 "Buyer" shall mean ....

1.5 "Builder" shall mean ....

and so on.

BTU stands for "British Thermal Unit" and 1 BTU = 1 055,05585 joules or 0.293071 W/h

Is there some way to get out of the contract as it seems i will have to buy my own furniture and stuff, The sales person was saying that it has everything in the room similar to the show room without the tv.

So far i have paid deposit and contact and one payment so far, i signed the contract on the 9th september, is there a cooling period?

Is there some way to get out of the contract as it seems i will have to buy my own furniture and stuff, The sales person was saying that it has everything in the room similar to the show room without the tv.

So far i have paid deposit and contact and one payment so far, i signed the contract on the 9th september, is there a cooling period?

Not unless the agreement has a "Termination by Convenience" clause. As the condo isn't finished yet you cannot claim "Termination by Default" by the seller.

BTU stands for "British Thermal Unit" and 1 BTU = 1 055,05585 joules or 0.293071 W/h

From memory a BTU was originally defined as;

'The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 pound of pure water by 1degree F. (specifically from 60 to 61degree F and at normal temperature and pressure)'

Been carrying that info in my head for 50 years:at last-I get to use it.

Edited by Delight