Work & Marriage ...

Hello :o

how does everybody's new yr go??

I wonder if anyone can tell me ... In the next few yrs, If my bf(24 yr old, dutch) have to get a work permit before he can get married to a thai gal? or doesn't have to? Cose i heard the new rules say... you got to have 400,000 bth in bank acct, and also a salary of at least 40000 bth/month ...

My bf wants to come here and find a job, but if finally working direct didn't work, could we just get married, and get a non-im 'o' visa to look for a job? possible? or...what are the requirements??

:D

thank you

xx

Happy new Year!

No, he doesnt need a WP to get married, but if he want the 1 year visa based on your marriage, he have to put 400000 in the bank as of July 2004.

If he can meet thoose aquirements he doesnt have to show a monthly income at all as I understand it. only if lets say he only has 300000 in the bank, then a combination of funds and a certified proof of income is required.

Hope it helps,

Andy

AFTER you are married he can easily stay in Thailand on an O visa if he can open that bank account in Thailand. If he cannot, the best he can do is to get a multiple entry non-immigrant O visa and leave the country every 90 days. He can get a job and work permit in an O visa.

wonny, after he arrives he CANNOT do any housework, cleaning, taking out

garbage, painting, washing the buffalo etc, He will need a work permit.

You will have to do all the work.

:D

HaHaHaHa! I like it. That's why I got myself set up in a nice little no-hands restaurant / massage parlour next to this charming little lake, for the duration of my visit. After all, work is for those who don't know how to fish...... :o

Hey, Plachon, how do..

Regards this Pisces pastime you've developed out there on the lake, what you catching? Jellyfish?

But, seriously - how did you get hold of your little restaurant/massage concern, I think I need one of those myself?

chow. :o

Is it true that you can get a work permit on a marriage visa? I heard that you couldn't work on an 'O' visa at all?

Does the fact that you have a marriage visa make it any easier for you to work at all?

Yes you can get a Work Permit on a Marriage O. However, being married on an O does not assist you getting a job in any way.

However, being married on an O does not assist you getting a job in any way.

But the lady to who you are married may find incentives for you to look a little harder. :D

Even a lot harder Lop...and at her fingertips she's got both incentives and disincentives to help you along the way... I am against mixed marriages....men and women :o