Extending Non B Visa, Previously Extended By Company

Hiya folks, Im wondering how long can I extend my current Non B Visa? It got extended 3 months by the company to get WP and I got WP as well, but I was sacked the next day............ They told me they will cancel my WP at the end of this week.

So can I extend for another 3 months of Non B Visa at Changwattana? Or do I need to convert to tourist visa or something...?

Thanks...

If you really have an extension of stay for work from immigration it ended the day your work ended and you are now overstay regardless of work permit. You are required to take a letter from employer to immigration and cancel that extension of stay and either apply for 7 day extension or leave within 24 hours.

If you really have an extension of stay for work from immigration it ended the day your work ended and you are now overstay regardless of work permit. You are required to take a letter from employer to immigration and cancel that extension of stay and either apply for 7 day extension or leave within 24 hours.

Whether on an overstay or not would depend on the date they put on the letter as the last day of work, if they put down his last day of work as the end of this week, would be ok..

As soon as your WP became active, your Non-B became null and void and you were then staying here on an "Extension of Stay" due to "work". If your WP has been cancelled, you have 7 days to leave the country and obtain a new visa of whatever type you might wish to have, you can't extend the Non-B as that was effectively cancelled as soon as the WP became active. Many people forget or misunderstand this.

you have 7 days to leave the country and obtain a new visa of whatever type you might wish to have, you can't extend the Non-B as that was effectively cancelled as soon as the WP became active

You only have 7 days to leave the country if you pay THB 1900 for the prvilage, if you are on extension of stay for employment and its cancelled, you have 24 hours to bail the country

As soon as your WP became active, your Non-B became null and void and you were then staying here on an "Extension of Stay" due to "work". If your WP has been cancelled, you have 7 days to leave the country and obtain a new visa of whatever type you might wish to have, you can't extend the Non-B as that was effectively cancelled as soon as the WP became active. Many people forget or misunderstand this.

If you are here on a 90 day visa entry work permit/job has nothing to do with your permitted to stay. Only if you are here on an extension of stay from Immigration does your permission to stay end (on the day your employment ends).

If you are here on a 90 day visa entry work permit/job has nothing to do with your permitted to stay. Only if you are here on an extension of stay from Immigration does your permission to stay end (on the day your employment ends).

The OP stated his Non-B was extended initially to allow him to obtain a WP. As soon as that WP became active, he then was automatically 'switched' to "Extension of Stay" and is NOT on a visa any longer. When the WP is cancelled, so also is that Extension of Stay. He can't extend the Non-B visa as that is no longer valid, extension of stay based on employment/business is.

The OP stated his Non-B was extended initially to allow him to obtain a WP. As soon as that WP became active, he then was automatically 'switched' to "Extension of Stay" and is NOT staying here on a visa any longer, he's staying using extension of stay based on employment and doing 90 day reporting. When the WP is cancelled, so also is that extension of stay. He can't extend the Non-B visa as that is no longer valid, extension of stay based on employment/business is.

The OP stated his Non-B was extended initially to allow him to obtain a WP. As soon as that WP became active, he then was automatically 'switched' to "Extension of Stay" and is NOT staying here on a visa any longer, he's staying using extension of stay based on employment and doing 90 day reporting. When the WP is cancelled, so also is that extension of stay. He can't extend the Non-B visa as that is no longer valid, extension of stay based on employment/business is.

A WP doesn't mean that a person is on an extension of stay and there is no automatic switching. Many people have a WP and don't have an extension of stay because they do not qualify for one or didn't apply for one yet, as you can only apply in the last 30 days of your permisison to stay.

Who automatically switched his visa to an extension?

There are people here with Multi Entry visas who also have work permits.

I read the original OP's posting as that he had a Non-B originally, and then had had his stay extended whilst applying for a 1 year extension of stay and WP, which would have meant he was then on an extension of stay due to business, not on a Non-B any longer. Perhaps I misread/misconstrued that and the OP can clarify then.