Red-Shirt Leader Arisman Prepared To Surrender: Korkaew

webfact

Key Red-shirt Leader to Surrender

A Pheu Thai Party MP has indicated that a key red-shirt leader, who has been on the run, is prepared to surrender.

Pheu Thai Party MP and red-shirt leader Korkaew Pikulthong said that he and his peers are prepared for the friendly football match between Thai and Cambodian leaders on September 23 and 24.

He said that he would persuade key red-shirt leader Arisman Pongruangrong to surrender and to defend himself in court if the two were to meet in Cambodia during his trip.

Korkaew said the political environment has shifted in a positive way, and persecution is now unlikely.

The red-shirt leader wishes the members of Arisman's family to be together again.

The Pheu Thai Party MP further indicated that there was a meeting of some red-shirt leaders last week, and that one of the topics discussed was Arisman's surrender and fighting the case against him.

Arisman is wanted for terrorism after repeatedly calling for violence during the red-shirt protest last year.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-09-21

footer_n.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Pheu Thai Party MP has indicated that a key red-shirt leader, who has been on the run, is prepared to surrender.

He said that he would persuade key red-shirt leader Arisman Pongruangrong to surrender and to defend himself in court if the two were to meet in Cambodia during his trip.

If he is prepared to surrender, why does he need persuading?

Korkaew says Arisman may give himself in

BANGKOK, 21 September 2011 (NNT) – Pheu Thai MP and Red Shirt core member Korkaew Pikulthong has disclosed his plan to talk with his fugitive Red Shirt fellow Arisman Pongruangrong into returning to Thailand and surrender to authorities during his trip to Cambodia this weekend.

Korkaew, who will join in the Thai-Cambodian freindship football match scheduled for 23-34 September, said he would take the opportunity to persuade Arisman to turn himself in and face charges. The fugitive Red Shirt leader is likely to face charges in connection with the unrest, riots and arson in Bangkok last year.

The Pheu Thai MP voiced his confidence that Arisman would be treated fairly this time, now that the political situation is favorable to his comeback, adding that it's time for his fellow to be reunited with his family.

Although Arisman has not made any announcement of his future plan, Korkaew said his return was likely, citing an account from some Red Shirt members who had recently met him.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-09-21 footer_n.gif

Pheu Thai Party MP and red-shirt leader Korkaew Pikulthong said that he and his peers are prepared for the friendly football match between Thai and Cambodian leaders on September 23 and 24.

He said that he would persuade key red-shirt leader Arisman Pongruangrong to surrender

Don't these Red Shirt Leaders (Natthawut) talk to the other Red Shirt Leaders (Korkaew)when they discuss a still different Red Shirt Leader (Arisaman)????

Fugitive Red Shirt Leader Arisaman would seem to agree with both of you on the appeal of this married woman that is now PM.

partyondude.jpg

Coincidentally, Arisaman was in the news this evening after Red Shirt Leader Out On Bail and Pheu Thai Party-list MP Natthawut said that he met with the criminal fugitive in Cambodia during his trip there last week.

Natthawut said further that he had tried to persuade the singer-turned-terrorist-suspect to return to Thailand, but that Arisaman refused.

Arisaman will not return to Thailand as of now

BANGKOK, 20 September 2011 (NNT)-Pheu Thai MP and United front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) leader Mr. Nattawut Saikuea has reported himself to the Criminal Court after his trip to Cambodia during which he claimed to have met Mr. Arisaman Pongruengrong, the UDD fugitive, who remained on the run.

Mr. Nattawut claimed he had also met with the exiled leader, Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra, who had asked him to pass along his well wishes to the Thai people and the government.

The UDD leader also said that although he had tried to convince Mr. Arisaman to turn himself to the authority, his fellow UDD member was hesitant to return to Thailand for his own reasons.

Mr. Nattawut said he would be ready to assist Mr. Arisaman whenever he was ready.

Meanwhile, the lawyer of the UDD revealed later that those who had returned from Cambodia recently; consisting of UDD members and Pheu Thai MPs, would submit a petition again to ask the Criminal Court for permission to make another trip to Cambodia.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-09-20 footer_n.gif

Edited by Buchholz

Of course he is getting prepared to surrender.

He "doesn't think he did anything wrong".

Deluded fool. :annoyed:

Red'dest one prepares to surrender to a Red Govt via Red police....

Yeah...let the Wolves judge the Wolf.

Have anyone any doubts that he will get a true and hardly-earn punishment? Of course he will, c'mon guys, dont laugh....:rolleyes:

The bunch of clowns. The Circus, live and on air. The Govt I am paying my taxes to....

Edited by alexakap

Korkaew said the political environment has shifted in a positive way, and persecution is now unlikely.

So much for the independence of the judicial system under the PTP government.

It could also be read as so much for the independence of the judiciary under the last regime. Who knows.

As an interesting aside, the most common reason given for the setting up of the red villages before the election and there were many many of them was because as individuals they were scared of the authorities so they established groups to give them courage. Action-reaction

of course he;s had the nod that he wont be prosecuted. The Judiciary and the government will slowly become one and then Thailand deserves no sympathy or support from ANY country

Are you saying they werent under the last government as that analysis is widely accepted from red through to soft dem?

I'll believe it when I see it. These articles often contain "might" "maybe" "considering" "prepared" and is often hot air. How about seeing some action here, and then they can report on it once it happens? This guy is a weasel only smaller in weasel size next to Thaksin, the biggest weasel and coward.

Arisaman definitely has charges to answer judging from publically available evidence that cant just be disappeared short of an amnesty of some kind. This puts him into a different category to many but not all other red leaders. He may not in the end be so hasty in returning

Some people just have to accept the fact that they screwed up, thus their voluntary run/exile to a foreign country. It seems to be a part of Thai political history, though next publicized too long/loudly. Statue of limitations, government coalition/party changes, suspected payoffs, etc seem to facilitate the return of all them eventually.

This characteristic alone is enough to bring question to the future of Thailand and her acceptance as anything but what she appears to the rest of the world.

So much for the independence of the judicial system under the PTP government.

It could also be read as so much for the independence of the judiciary under the last regime. Who knows.

As an interesting aside, the most common reason given for the setting up of the red villages before the election and there were many many of them was because as individuals they were scared of the authorities so they established groups to give them courage. Action-reaction

Right...or it could also be a case that even if Lady Justice herself was in power during the last regime, the courts would still be proclaimed 'biased' by Reds as they are not 'pro-Red'.

And even if the courts, lets say for arguments say, was slightly biased under the past regime, the current regime aiming to bring they highly biased in their favor isn't a step forward. It's just another step towards the United Republic of Red Villages under rule of President Thaksin.

...As an interesting aside, the most common reason given for the setting up of the red villages before the election and there were many many of them was because as individuals they were scared of the authorities so they established groups to give them courage. Action-reaction

Which authorities would that be?

Maybe you can explain why there are only so called "red villages" in areas that are under the control of the godfathers that support Thaksin?

TH

...As an interesting aside, the most common reason given for the setting up of the red villages before the election and there were many many of them was because as individuals they were scared of the authorities so they established groups to give them courage. Action-reaction

Which authorities would that be?

Maybe you can explain why there are only so called "red villages" in areas that are under the control of the godfathers that support Thaksin?

TH

I read a number of reports by foreign journalists actually who went to the villages actually and talked to people. I wont provide links

I would think it was obvious why the villages would form in areas where the authorities were active in trying to suppress reds

Authorities would be people under the control of the government or some would say those who totally controlled the previous regime

I think you will find most godfather wouldnt actually want too many red villages around as organised groups are can be or may become a threat to local oppressors too, and reds and their villages have a habit of networking outside of local area. This all undercuts the local godfathers although it does tend to mean they will think twice about abandoning say Thaksin/PTP/reds for the lure of promised far greater wealth and does tend because of that to inhibit the best laid traditional power building schemes of the likes of Newin and Suthep. The power realtionship between godfather-local poor is a changing one these days

I read a number of reports by foreign journalists actually who went to the villages actually and talked to people. I wont provide links

I would think it was obvious why the villages would form in areas where the authorities were active in trying to suppress reds

Authorities would be people under the control of the government or some would say those who totally controlled the previous regime

I think you will find most godfather wouldnt actually want too many red villages around as organised groups are can be or may become a threat to local oppressors too, and reds and their villages have a habit of networking outside of local area. This all undercuts the local godfathers although it does tend to mean they will think twice about abandoning say Thaksin/PTP/reds for the lure of promised far greater wealth and does tend because of that to inhibit the best laid traditional power building schemes of the likes of Newin and Suthep. The power realtionship between godfather-local poor is a changing one these days

You have failed to answer the question, instead putting forth several straw men in order to avoid the issue.

How many red villages are there in Buriram? If indeed this a popular, grassroots movement against the “elite” wouldn’t that be the most likely place for a “Red village” setup to protect itself from the authorities?

Instead, you have only “red villages” in areas that are thoroughly under the control and operate with the full cooperation of the local godfather family that controls both the economics and the politics of the district.

Your statement is an outright lie told time and again in order to make it seem the “red villages” are something other than Potemkin villages used as propaganda tools and you are just like the foreign ambassadors that were with the Empress and were suitably impressed.

TH

How many times has he prepared to surrender? I make that three already.

Well, he was reported arrested at least that many times on the afternoon May 19th. Seems they were all false.

My suspicion (based on seeing him at the Asok/Sukhumivt intersection that afternoon) is he was accompanied by a couple of police (which is why it was reported he was arrested several times) as he went down Sukhumvit on his way to organize the burning of the SET and EGAT and then hightailing over to Cambodia.

TH

"......... persecution is now unlikely." Not being a native English speaker, it seems he made a slight mistake. The word he was seeking was "prosecution."

How is Arisman in a different category to the other red leaders (noting that they are now MPs with immunity). Perhaps his speeches were a little more inflammatory (pun intended) but no worse than the rest. If he had stuck around, got bail, I have no doubt he would also have MP status now.

BTW Isn't consorting with criminals normally a bail-revoking offence, especially fugitives?

You have failed to answer the question, instead putting forth several straw men in order to avoid the issue.

How many red villages are there in Buriram? If indeed this a popular, grassroots movement against the “elite” wouldn’t that be the most likely place for a “Red village” setup to protect itself from the authorities?

Instead, you have only “red villages” in areas that are thoroughly under the control and operate with the full cooperation of the local godfather family that controls both the economics and the politics of the district.

Your statement is an outright lie told time and again in order to make it seem the “red villages” are something other than Potemkin villages used as propaganda tools and you are just like the foreign ambassadors that were with the Empress and were suitably impressed.

TH

I suggest you read what I write rather than going off on calling me a liar. I suggest the red villages are in areas where the authorities tried to clamp down on reds, which is a different opinion from they are in areas controlled by godfathers. Pure and simple. I also suggest that the local godfathers are not exactly happy at red villages for reasons in my previosu post, which again refuted the whole all the reds are controlled by Thakins mighty money fueled monolith. If it came down to money and godfathers controlling things Thaksin wouldnt even be talked about now as Thaksins opponents have far far more money than him and if the godfathers love money and control everyone then obviously they would have bought them all up by outbidding Thaksin and finished him by now. Clearly that idea doesnt hold water and so must be wrong.

I suggest you read what I write rather than going off on calling me a liar. I suggest the red villages are in areas where the authorities tried to clamp down on reds, which is a different opinion from they are in areas controlled by godfathers. Pure and simple. I also suggest that the local godfathers are not exactly happy at red villages for reasons in my previosu post, which again refuted the whole all the reds are controlled by Thakins mighty money fueled monolith. If it came down to money and godfathers controlling things Thaksin wouldnt even be talked about now as Thaksins opponents have far far more money than him and if the godfathers love money and control everyone then obviously they would have bought them all up by outbidding Thaksin and finished him by now. Clearly that idea doesnt hold water and so must be wrong.

You've made an incorrect assumption to come to your conclusion.

Just because one side didn't throw their money at the godfathers doesn't mean that the other side didn't.

TH

A red village just means the villagers have put a red flag outside their house, either willingly or through coercion from the village head. There's not a hotbed of revolution there, waiting to disengage from the Thai state, rather the locals are waiting for remits from their children and husbands to convert their farms to rubber plantations.

I just wonder how much choice people really were given in the "Red Villages". I wish them luck setting them up in the south :lol:

Therein lies the crux of the "red lie", and certainly dismantles the suppositions of some reporters and even TVF members.