Limousine Service,Not !

Felt 35

As usual when leaving Phuket for a couple of weeks my wife book Taxi to the airport a day in advance for me from the Airport Limousine service and have done so for years when we need transport to the airport. When leaving a few days ago the taxi was not a regular limousine car and driver was in casual clothes. The taxi was delayed so I did not waste time argue about the fact that I had to pay a private person to drive me, but my wife called the limousine service as soon I had jumped in the car and was herself nicely said upset about the fact that it was managed by the limousine service! End of story I got in one piece to the airport, but with all the recent taxi/tuktuk mess going on I am baffled about the fact that now also Limousine service lower the bar and make their service questionable.

well my heart goes out to you.thats the most upsetting thing i ever heard on t v.hope the flight made up for all that.:jap:

Don’t think you get the point mister. It was “black taxi” sent to pick up a customer by the Airport Limousine service which promotes themselves to be a tad more serious and responsible than the rest of the mafia included that you as a passenger at least are included in the insurance covering the car.

well my heart goes out to you.thats the most upsetting thing i ever heard on t v.hope the flight made up for all that.:jap:

Don’t think you get the point mister. It was “black taxi” sent to pick up a customer by the Airport Limousine service which promotes themselves to be a tad more serious and responsible than the rest of the mafia included that you as a passenger at least are included in the insurance covering the car.

what Insurance? Most taxis (legal green plate or illegal white plate) more than one year old, have compulsory insurance only covering passenger at max 50.000 baht

Airport Limousine taxis are not allowed to pickup ouside airport, so they could have sendt you another car to not be in breach of their lisence

what Insurance? Most taxis (legal green plate or illegal white plate) more than one year old, have compulsory insurance only covering passenger at max 50.000 baht

Airport Limousine taxis are not allowed to pickup ouside airport, so they could have sendt you another car to not be in breach of their lisence

There's the crux of the problem. Every little clan has their turf and are not allowed to pick up someone in another's turf or else driver beatings occur.

Are you saying that the company with office at the airport and with mostly Toyota cars, silver colors with a sticker on the doors and the driver have a uniform (blue shirt I think to remember) are allowed to drive their passengers only out of the airport not to the airport? Well then that law must be very new on the books or they have breached their license the last decade ++

Are you saying that the company with office at the airport and with mostly Toyota cars, silver colors with a sticker on the doors and the driver have a uniform (blue shirt I think to remember) are allowed to drive their passengers only out of the airport not to the airport? Well then that law must be very new on the books or they have breached their license the last decade ++

yepp, thats the deal, and have been so for ages. They and metered taxis pay a fortune to have monopoly to pick up at airport, in return others have exclusive on picking up the rest of Phuket.

One of the reasons taxis cost far to much in Phuket, they always have to go empty back to base, which also increases the maniac speeding

its not a law, its a deal. any law or deal in Phuket seem to be breached on occasion. caught, driver gets beat up and on occasions car smashed up.

:blink:

yepp, thats the deal, and have been so for ages. They and metered taxis pay a fortune to have monopoly to pick up at airport, in return others have exclusive on picking up the rest of Phuket.

One of the reasons taxis cost far to much in Phuket, they always have to go empty back to base, which also increases the maniac speeding

its not a law, its a deal. any law or deal in Phuket seem to be breached on occasion. caught, driver gets beat up and on occasions car smashed up.

Well when that’s the case I understand the comments I got on my post and stand corrected. :hit-the-fan: The sad point is that when I return it’s in fact the same if choose a black, meter, limousine or tuklytuk. :(

Who said, to longer I’m here the less I understand! :blink:

Btw, if anyone knows, what is the exact cost pr 24 hour now to park at the airport? Do they have any fixed prices for 2weeks or 1month?

Btw, if anyone knows, what is the exact cost pr 24 hour now to park at the airport? Do they have any fixed prices for 2weeks or 1month?

200 baht for a full day, no week or month discounted price.

Is the parking safe for several days?

I've never had a problem leaving for a week, and I know people who have left for a month or more.

I've never had a problem leaving for a week, and I know people who have left for a month or more.

At 200 baht a day it wouldn't be worth it longer than a week, unless you really didn't want to use the taxis.

In the PG there was article about the airport, by the end of the year they are going to

open a new parking area outside the cargo terminal for long term parking at reduced

parking fees, they said it may be free in the beginning but i cannot see that happening

Prepare for it to be blockaded by the "limousines".

In the PG there was article about the airport, by the end of the year they are going to

open a new parking area outside the cargo terminal for long term parking at reduced

parking fees, they said it may be free in the beginning but i cannot see that happening

Prepare for it to be blockaded by the "limousines".

Long term parking would be used by local residents only and it should be made a minimum of

24 hours before you can get your car back, this would stop it being filled up with illegal taxis

Its about time the federal govt stepped in and cured the transport problems here as the local

authorities do not seem to be able to do anything about it

I believe I saw the new car park yesterday as there were parking markers in a grass field. It will be a fairly long hike to the terminal. My overriding impression is that the airport authorities seem to have given up any control over the car park with the transportation companies running the show & they definitely do not want private cars in the area. I still maintain they should build a two or three tier parking building above the existing car park with covered walkways to the terminal. The way it is now the airport authorities are serving private companies rather than the general public.

I believe I saw the new car park yesterday as there were parking markers in a grass field. It will be a fairly long hike to the terminal. My overriding impression is that the airport authorities seem to have given up any control over the car park with the transportation companies running the show & they definitely do not want private cars in the area. I still maintain they should build a two or three tier parking building above the existing car park with covered walkways to the terminal. The way it is now the airport authorities are serving private companies rather than the general public.

I do not think there will be a multi story car park at the airport in the near future

Long term separate parking with a electric golf car service for those people who

cannot walk is the answer

I do not think there will be a multi story car park at the airport in the near future

Long term separate parking with a electric golf car service for those people who

cannot walk is the answer

Good idea, but then the Tuk Tuk mafia would take over, and you would have the Electric Golf Car mafia :lol: