Tourist Visa In Cambodia - My Experience Today.

walen?best? never try, i did my ed visa from walen in bkk ( times square )

what i told before apply? i told them i had to go my country for a time because of army health check and can not come lessons in a period and they said ok no problem can add this time, they add? not

second - i called them for extend my ed visa ( will expire 10october ) and if i can make it end of september because my wife give birth, they said ok and end of september i went and they said no, IMPOSSIBLE, who told you this, need 6weeks etc..., i explained 10 october my last date, they put there philippines girls but they very uneducated only can speak english ( native speaker phillippines ) , i told her i have a new born baby ( 5days old ) and bring him to home from hospital, she said best way for me to make overstay, so i pay daily 500baht and makes for 6weeks not more than 20.000baht, she very funny because overstay is not good situation and nobody can offer this kind of funny thing, i left walen and contact with another school ( 2000baht cheaper than walen but very good customer service ( languageexpress ) i told them my situation and they care much called me 2-3 times and they said they will make my visa extension in 10 days or earlier, but they want me to take paper from walen that shows i studied one year in walen for thai lesson, so they used it and for make extension ( not make new ) i called walen for take i study in walen but she said it is again impossible, it takes a week for prepare, walen best? i wait reply from macwalen what he thinks? what makes school quality high?number of students? lots of people use school for visa, result? i have friends in same classroom and they studied more than a year and speak thai?of course not :) but visa ok,

my last word if try to use school, read all forum, in this forum i read a guy report about walen, he said for visa in 2weeks walen asked him extra 5000baht make process faster and he used other school and they not charged extra and make in 8days,

i still laugh how they can offer overstay? http://www.thaivisa....isa-can-be-fun/

"Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with

permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding

two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both."

* Overstay 1 - 21 days: Pay a fine 500 Baht/day at Airport/land border

* Overstay 22 - 41 days: Pay a fine 500 Baht/day, possible arrest/detention, deportation, possible blacklisting

* Overstay 42 days or more: Pay a fine up to 20,000 Baht, arrest/detention, deportation, possible blacklisting

Hi, you made a mistake...., as you go your home-country anyway , should just take the proper school papers to local home country embassy or consulate , you would receive a 1 year multiple ED visa ,

witch you can extend by using your last border run BEFORE the expiring date on visa , so 15 months (almost minus a few days), AND not let school make the 3 months papers , instead just do your border runs , so no language test chances to give you , border immgr. does not bother about that ( i did so and make 15 months out it :D

PS; 1 year multiple visa only at your homecountrys possible , not around Thailand

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1] An ED visa that include actual Education should be around 22.000 Baht. + 1900 Baht every 90 day att Jomtien immigration

If you go for ED without actual Education it should be around 16.000 Baht, + an additional 15.000 Baht for immigration bribe. (Actually studying is not a guarantee for extension, and who beside a backpacker can relocate in a couple of days if the visa is canceled ?)

2] ED thai language can be done 5 years, then in case of a non native english speaker ED can also be made for studying english, computer education is also an option, and i think even muay thai can pass as ED.

(I'm kinda tempted to study either, thai boxing in particular, if immigration office wants to check out my skill)

Edited by poanoi

what i told before apply? i told them i had to go my country for a time because of army health check and can not come lessons in a period and they said ok no problem can add this time, they add? not

second - i called them for extend my ed visa ( will expire 10october ) and if i can make it end of september because my wife give birth, they said ok and end of september i went and they said no, IMPOSSIBLE, who told you this, need 6weeks etc..., i explained 10 october my last date, they put there philippines girls but they very uneducated only can speak english ( native speaker phillippines ) , i told her i have a new born baby ( 5days old ) and bring him to home from hospital, she said best way for me to make overstay, so i pay daily 500baht and makes for 6weeks not more than 20.000baht, she very funny because overstay is not good situation and nobody can offer this kind of funny thing, i left walen and contact with another school ( 2000baht cheaper than walen but very good customer service ( languageexpress ) i told them my situation and they care much called me 2-3 times and they said they will make my visa extension in 10 days or earlier, but they want me to take paper from walen that shows i studied one year in walen for thai lesson, so they used it and for make extension ( not make new ) i called walen for take i study in walen but she said it is again impossible, it takes a week for prepare, walen best? i wait reply from macwalen what he thinks? what makes school quality high?number of students? lots of people use school for visa, result? i have friends in same classroom and they studied more than a year and speak thai?of course not :) but visa ok,

my last word if try to use school, read all forum, in this forum i read a guy report about walen, he said for visa in 2weeks walen asked him extra 5000baht make process faster and he used other school and they not charged extra and make in 8days,

i still laugh how they can offer overstay? http://www.thaivisa....isa-can-be-fun/

* Overstay 22 - 41 days: Pay a fine 500 Baht/day, possible arrest/detention, deportation, possible blacklisting

* Overstay 42 days or more: Pay a fine up to 20,000 Baht, arrest/detention, deportation, possible blacklisting

Hi, you made a mistake...., as you go your home-country anyway , should just take the proper school papers to local home country embassy or consulate , you would receive a 1 year multiple ED visa ,

witch you can extend by using your last border run BEFORE the expiring date on visa , so 15 months (almost minus a few days), AND not let school make the 3 months papers , instead just do your border runs , so no language test chances to give you , border immgr. does not bother about that ( i did so and make 15 months out it :D

PS; 1 year multiple visa only at your homecountrys possible , not around Thailand

I did my ed visa in july 2010 and every 3months i extended, in february when i extend i applied for single entrance, after that turned bkk and continue to extend every 3months, no problem on it, this year i planned to continue on walen and extended my ed visa, i went for pay money and she acted like process time less, shortly if pay much ( extra ) can make, but in real not need

read other review

I was looking infos on schools for having ed-visa .

On May 23rd I went to Time Square Walen School and ask informations regarding the processus to obtain one. The office girl give good advise and I had made the choice right away to go to this school. I tell her that I have to go out of Thailand June 8 as my visa expire on this date.. I ask her if the whole process of papers will be ok for this date. She tell me that it may take 2 to 4 weeks to have the papers back to the school. I ask her if she assure me to have the papers on time. She cannot assure me. But she tell me that if I want to speed up the process I have to pay 5,000 bahts more right away and she promise me that the papers will arrive in 10 days. Also I have to give in advance the 25,000 bahts for the course.

I suddenly back off and tell her I want to think about it.

I went to another school . Same good advise for the girl for the infos. I explain my situation & tell her that I have to go out of Thailand June 8. No problems she tell me. The papers will arrive within 10 days. Are you sure I ask. Yes absolutely sure.

So I paid a deposit of 15,000 b ,the rest payable when she received the papers.

8 days later May 31 she call me and said she have received the papers. I was very happy. I went therre paid the rest of the course, went to Laos and come back with my ed-visa

The question is WHY Walen school charge 5,000 b for having a visa in 10 days if other school can have the same visa in 8 days FREE of charge

Anyone?

(I'm kinda tempted to study either, thai boxing in particular, if immigration office wants to check out my skill)

^ :D

Re the extension, personally I might only need to do this once (i.e. reach 50 and switch to a retirement visa).

If your following an actual Thai language course, and studying perhaps 20 hrs a week, 10 in a classroom and 10 at home, then I imagine you could persuade the immigration official after 1 year that you were a genuine ED visa holder ?

I do take your point about having to leave in a hurry if the visa extension is refused. That would be difficult to take :bah: .

Simon

As Thailand dont want long term tourists i managed to get a Business Visa (non-immigrant) by opening a business in europe and stating myself that i send myself to thailand and will feed myself as well.

As soon as they stop this as well i move to Cambodia. In Phnom Penh i found everything i need for my live and the city is pretty relaxing.

In the last years it became a real alternative to Thailand - i also have seen nice girls :-)

As Thailand dont want long term tourists i managed to get a Business Visa (non-immigrant) by opening a business in europe and stating myself that i send myself to thailand and will feed myself as well.

As soon as they stop this as well i move to Cambodia. In Phnom Penh i found everything i need for my live and the city is pretty relaxing.

In the last years it became a real alternative to Thailand - i also have seen nice girls :-)

Agreed with your comment on Cambodia PP, first time i being there , people friendly , not so much money hungry but thankfully for it...., more relaxed , even much traffic they drive more carefully , not see crazy Thai motobikedriving :) , as Thai girls warned me Cambodians all carry gun and be criminal...; no experienced , however not long time there...;:unsure: , i am sure if they get good commercial government managing , they could (shall) become a big competition for Thailand ...... LET S not forget that whiteout Americans and allies Pattaya would be still a unknown fisherman's place :whistling:

As Cambodia develops more many farang shall find their place in it ....seems the long time old pattaya guys moved there already , as i surprised to see many of them

PS : and the girls are (could be) as nice , even nicer color instead of the "lightning cream beauty's "from Pattaya ,i surprised generally they have more breast than TH ladys......as they are same kind people :unsure:

And after all more visa friendly...... evisa applied 22 clock evening ......next morning 11."30 emai visa to rint out ....;..so no worry's replacement availble for sea destination ;)

Anyone have a recommendation for a language school (not walen) or muay thai gym in bangkok that can get me an ED visa?

If i should go again .... i would try Prolanguage school after i did Walen :annoyed:Prolanguage link there system looks for me more in education than in a money making direction ;)

too bad the local cambodian food is so crap, otherwise it might be a viable alternative......there are some decent french places and good wines available, but the local food????......only the philippines is worse in asia.....for that reason alone thailand is way better

Agreed with your comment on Cambodia PP, first time i being there , people friendly , not so much money hungry but thankfully for it...., more relaxed , even much traffic they drive more carefully , not see crazy Thai motobikedriving :) , as Thai girls warned me Cambodians all carry gun and be criminal...; no experienced , however not long time there...;:unsure: , i am sure if they get good commercial government managing , they could (shall) become a big competition for Thailand ...... LET S not forget that whiteout Americans and allies Pattaya would be still a unknown fisherman's place :whistling:

As Cambodia develops more many farang shall find their place in it ....seems the long time old pattaya guys moved there already , as i surprised to see many of them

PS : and the girls are (could be) as nice , even nicer color instead of the "lightning cream beauty's "from Pattaya ,i surprised generally they have more breast than TH ladys......as they are same kind people :unsure:

And after all more visa friendly...... evisa applied 22 clock evening ......next morning 11."30 emai visa to rint out ....;..so no worry's replacement availble for sea destination ;)

Edited by tailspin

too bad the local cambodian food is so crap, otherwise it might be a viable alternative......there are some decent french places and good wines available, but the local food????......only the philippines is worse in asia.....for that reason alone thailand is way better

You may not forget to consider that the average money the Cambodians make is almost half the average witch local Thai make , and that is already so low, so the local food needs his ingredients who costs money , i am sure a good earning Cambodian woman can Cook you a similar quality food (maybe not that spicy )

and also whe made mistake too praise the Thais so many (idealizing) that now they believe to be superior in S.E.A , if you praise a Th girl to heaven , be not surprise she think to be an angel :D

So much us farangs fault of the past :annoyed: ("sponsors")

OMG ! I was considering Philippines, but if it's even worse than Cambodian food then i'm out of luck.

Phnom Penh is a complete dump, with the only possible entertainment being street 104 (red lite)

I Suggest Sihanoukville, not up in town but down at the beach, more specifically Serendipity / Ochatel beach, and i recommend the hotel right at the corner to the beach, G.S.T hotel or something like that for starters, $8 per nite, or $13 for air con if needed in hot season.

Crown beach bar to the left made a good dish called luk lak (chicken/pork), and another called spicy pork with lemon grass.

Visa, Beer, room, and cigarettes are cheaper in Cambodia by a wide margin, the rest is cheaper in Thailand.

Visa is $260/year IIRC, make sure to make business visa on arrival if you plan to stay over a month, and if possible, do it the e-visa way.

How does sipping Anchor beer for 15 baht/mug at a nice beach sound ?

Fine, but in the long run i think it is necessary to make use of that business visa, life is slower there

Edited by poanoi

OMG ! I was considering Philippines, but if it's even worse than Cambodian food then i'm out of luck.

Phnom Penh is a complete dump, with the only possible entertainment being street 104 (red lite)

I Suggest Sihanoukville, not up in town but down at the beach, more specifically Serendipity / Ochatel beach, and i recommend the hotel right at the corner to the beach, G.S.T hotel or something like that for starters, $8 per nite, or $13 for air con if needed in hot season.

Crown beach bar to the left made a good dish called luk lak (chicken/pork), and another called spicy pork with lemon grass.

Beer, room, and cigarettes are cheaper in Cambodia by a wide margin, the rest is cheaper in Thailand

PP , i was only there 5 days (arriving / departure included = 3 days full) for my double TR visa and did not go to reconnaissance ;) but by driving mototaxi to agent Keo , i saw many bars European style around sisowath Quai , and by the story's in hotel by local / visitors / farangs a good bunch to find , (as i noticed when having diner in hotel the level of girls they bring for" room-playing"B) ,

but i also not like big towns , (never be in BKK myself) , need beach , so by 1 march i booked flight already, but go to Snooky as i need beach and sea to have a Holidayy/ stay feeling , this as my present double TR visa shall be used totally

Edited by david555

I am in Phnom Penh right now, will be using Travel Agent to apply for Tourist Visa. Been told double entry not possible anymore, NO documents (flight/hotel booking etc) needed but not sure they can get the Visa as my passport contains several Thai Tourist Visa's plus extensions already. Will know more in 2 days....

MacWalen writes every topic about walen school. your topic for example how is ola school and he replied walen :) now i wrote about walen and he still not replied? he can explain me how walen can offer me make overstay ( 6weeks ) they only know MONEY? not law?

I am in Phnom Penh right now, will be using Travel Agent to apply for Tourist Visa. Been told double entry not possible anymore, NO documents (flight/hotel booking etc) needed but not sure they can get the Visa as my passport contains several Thai Tourist Visa's plus extensions already. Will know more in 2 days....

Please report what happens.

This thread is about getting a tourist visa in Phnom Penh.

If you're under 50, single, and financially independent, there is no visa option other than tourist.

Travelling and re-visiting another city / area is nowadays my monthly option!

I was thinking about begging for another tourist visa -I am using that solution for the last 10 years- next week in Vientiane, but no...

I will just fly in/out for having a great breakfast and buying some descent wines instead of queuing and freaking out in front of the consulate.

Next month?!? I think that Macau is the plan... cool.gif

I just did the math and I think it's cheaper for me to fly somewhere every month and fly back on the same day than it is to get a new tourist visa every 3 months.

How's that, next time you return to your home country, they will be waiting for you at the entry gates with handcuffs because you forgot to pay taxes for your business !!??

In my European home country, I cannot just open up a business and then fly out to Thailand. If I miss out the yearly tax declaration, they will estimate (taxate) any income that

will be normal for such a kind of business and I will be owing this to the state and everybody's grandmother until I 've paid it up ! With a business in your home country you

will be a taxpayer , won't you ?

How's that, next time you return to your home country, they will be waiting for you at the entry gates with handcuffs because you forgot to pay taxes for your business !!??

In my European home country, I cannot just open up a business and then fly out to Thailand. If I miss out the yearly tax declaration, they will estimate (taxate) any income that

will be normal for such a kind of business and I will be owing this to the state and everybody's grandmother until I 've paid it up ! With a business in your home country you

will be a taxpayer , won't you ?

Do you really think i dont know that? Where is the problem? Everyone can open many kinds of unregulated businesses. But who say that there is any business to be done with the business?

The embassy wanted to see a stamp and the registration for my visa application. They got what they wanted. I got my Visa. Do you want to tell me that i have to be active in my business? Thailand didnt request me to be active with any business.

Call any german tax authorities - its no problem to declare 0 Euro income/profit. What do i have to pay then. 0 Euro taxes.

ED visa is the only option, i did it for 3rd time now, just came back from Cambodia.

But it cost so much so if it wasn't for the fact that i'm hooked on thai food and got a gf here i would go over to Sihanoukville.

Total cost for visa this year was 48.000 baht including the B16000 visa trip to an embassy and bribe B15000 to Jomtien immigration to extend the visa, and that just isn't prudent money management.

Unfortunately Cambodian food suck, but visa & traffic is a bliss, it ain't over crowded and beaches is also good. I never saw an Cambodian girl that got me interested, except the one in a back seat of a Rolls Royce in PP B)

Indeed ED visa is not much more expensive and often cheaper than visa runs. If someone is very price sensitive then juggling tourist visas can be a saving of a few thousand baht.

Walen School - first class ED visa support for all our students.

I've been put-off by ED visa's as they seem to be a lot of dodgy schools around. As the poster above appears to be saying, a hefty bribe appears to be necessary for some of these visa's / extensions.

I have no knowledge of Walen schools but I assume you are a bona fide outfit.

Can you advise, approximately, how much for a one year course of lessons, plus how many classroom hours per week ? In or near Central Pattaya if possible.

I also think Cambodia could be an option in the future or perhaps Southern Vietnam. If I could afford it I would probably go to Malaysia as they welcome retirees (provided you can have enough money in the bank). Indonesia is my dream retirement destination but the visa situation there is pretty hopeless also :( .

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon, sorry for a late reply. It is weekend so not all that active on the internet.

The price is 24,960 Baht for 180 lessons. You would need to attend 4 lessons a week coming to school twice a week for 2 lessons. We are right next to Big C+ in Central Pattaya rd. Seems perfect location.

If you decide to use Walen we will provide first class service. Also you will learn Thai, we really know how to teach this language. Thousands of happy students and counting.

Walen School - quality service

just curious,

How many years can u get a ED visa? and i am sure sometime in the future they will close this loophole by your having to pass a thai language test. I see now u can even go to a school online !!!

PS: after years an years here in Thailand i must admit i prefer Cambodian ladies :)

At this time Walen will have students starting their 5th year on ED visas. We cannot guarantee that the law will be the same in the future but with Walen you should be able to extend your ED visa for at least 10 years.

Walen School- years of study

Edited by MacWalen

Dear Sir, I am sorry to hear that something like this took place and I would need to know more to see what went wrong, my staff that you criticize is an expert and I know she does her best to provide quality service to our students, her name is Ann. We have a reputation of experts when it comes to the ED visa paperwork. Please PM me your full name and surname and I will check it for you.

There is one thing I find hard to understand. You seem to imply that other schools can do things quicker or better than Walen which positively cannot be true. If something can be done related to extensions and ED visas Walen can do it. If anything, other schools would copy us as by the fact that we have the greatest number of students so we have most experience with processing related documentation.

Walen School - ED visa experts

Anyone have a recommendation for a language school (not walen) or muay thai gym in bangkok that can get me an ED visa?

Seems Walen is so popular that you need a special recommendation for another school. Did we do anything bad to you or you just listen to some not so friendly posters on TV? Come and check for yourself, you might like Walen more than you know.

Walen School - so why not us?

If i should go again .... i would try Prolanguage school after i did Walen :annoyed:Prolanguage link there system looks for me more in education than in a money making direction ;)

That is not nice to say like that. I dont want to go into it again but what was the problem? If the system of teaching then I can assure you that if you actually come to the lessons you will make faster progress than at any other school.

Walen School - it really works!

the sad part is, neither the powers that be who made the decree, nor the paper pushing embassies give two craps about what you're doing or if you're really a tourist. it's about jockeying and power, and making farang run around, and being able to tell farang "no".

That is not nice to say like that. I dint want to go into it again but what was the problem? If the system of teaching then I can assure you that if you actually come to the lessons you will make faster progress than at any other school.

Walen School - it really works!

sorry for my true words spoken straight out of hart...... is my opinion after my school experience , can you not accept ANY critic ?? All your former replies look like an ego building brainwashing ... ! All colleagues are bad you only good .....seems a Little bit narcissistic :)

maybe you could line up an cheerleaders group in front shops ..... thats part is only missing :D (joking of course :jap: )

Edited by david555

David, sure I accept that. No problem, but if you are promoting other school over Walen you should have a good reason. Saying things like that is intended to discourage people form joining Walen and therefore you are attacking our business. It should not be the case, just because you were not happy with our service it does not mean that 1,000 other people would feel the same. In any case appreciate your participation in this forum, I read many of your posts and hopefully there is no need to attack Walen in the future, we have great many happy customers so it speaks for itself. Peace to you.

Edited by MacWalen

David, sure I accept that. No problem, but if you are promoting other school over Walen you should have a good reason. Saying things like that is intended to discourage people form joining Walen and therefore you are attacking our business. It should not be the case, just because you were not happy with our service it does not mean that 1,000 other people would feel the same. In any case appreciate your participation in this forum, I read all your posts and hopefully there are some other topics available then attacking Walen. Peace to you.

It is in an answer from BlueEasysleep that i reply that , an d read it clearly what he asking ;

"

"Anyone have a recommendation for a language school (not walen) or muay thai gym in bangkok that can get me an ED visa? "

( not walen ) he asked !!!!!!!!!!!

But your reply says it all ......., about my topics , i think this is the second one you could refer to in months :whistling: , so i am not especially targeting you , secondly on your request you asked me more info BY PRIVATE MESSAGE , witch i granted you or not ?

I repeat that for some (or more) your system works , but sure not for all , so what is your headache on that ? your business is going ok , or not ?

Other topics about ED visa is mostly advise about the possibility to make with ANY recognizedd schools papers a 1 YEAR MULTIPLE VISA in homecountry's , to avoid the extension system and Immigration extensions (or is that too profitable ?;) )

So i can not give newbies or others an advise anymore , i thought that is the reason why people post here or ask questions/advise ?

Ps; maybe you should buy a size more for shoe , as too"s seems growing longer :D

Edited by david555