Tourist Visa In Cambodia - My Experience Today.

Hi.

Today I went to the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh to apply for a 60 day TV.

I was told, I must submit my air-flight information showing my exit from Thailand,

a document from my hotel in Thailand showing the dates I will be staying and

my Bank statement showing my current income. When I questioned her about

the Bank statement, she stated I am staying a long time and they want to verify I

can cover my expenses. I mentioned to her the past 2 years I did not need these documents

and was approved a Tourist Visa in Phnom Penh. She stated things now have changed.

I didn't have my bank statement or hotel conformation, but she stated, she will

submit my TV application. But could not guarantee it would be approved by her manager.

I opted out since the date I would get it processed (Sept 29th) conflicted

with my leave date from Cambodia.

Went back to my hotel and the hotel staff mentioned a travel agency in Phnom Penh who are connected with the Thai immigration in Phnom Penh and could get me a 60 day TV stamp for $50.00(which includes the application fee).

No extra documents required and I will get an express return and approved the next day.

So I'll try this since it's only $15.00 extra from what I would have paid if I did this myself.

TC.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to my hotel and the hotel staff mentioned a travel agency in Phnom Penh who are connected with the Thai immigration in Phnom Penh and could get me a 60 day TV stamp for $50.00(which includes the application fee).

Did you find the the visa is indeed valid and was it for the double entry? If so can you post, or PM me, the name of the hotel (along with a quick review) and the travel agency? I'm planning to make a visa run to PP in early October and applying on the 10th or 11th.

Thanks!

BTW, I emailed Mr. Keo who was highly recommended as a visa agent by someone on this site, but the email bounced.

I would be very careful as we have had several reports that agents are also unable to get visas or express service currently so there could be a possibility of false stamps being used.

my latest double TR visa at PhnomPenh 4 september is NOT a stamp , but a STICKER.....

We just came back from a visa run to cambodia. We went to see Mr. Keo, he said we needed a airplain ticket out of thailand, bank statement and contract for the house we rent, copi of the house onwers id card and the onwers mobile number, we was only able to get him copy of rent contract, onwers mobile number and bank statement, mr. Keo said i will see what i can do, but he was not able to help us.

We went to the embasy ourself and they wanted all thise documents but we did not have the rest of the document, the cambodian police outside the embasy said he was able to help us, and he did not need any document.

We paid him 60 usd for farang passport and 45 usd for cambodian passport and the next day in the evening he called us to pick up our passport.

But we where not able to get dubble Turist visa only the 60 days visa

If anyone need the number for the police man you can PM me.

Edited by KoratFarang

I live in Sihanoukville and a friend came to visit and to get a new tourist visa, and he has the same tale of woe. Fortunately, the local travel agency that arranges Thailand visas told him about these ludicrous new rules.

For people staying long-term in Thailand, a house lease will apparently suffice, but the airline ticket? What about the scores of people who leave Thailand overland? Did immigration think of that? Of course not.

Thailand should just put snipers at their border crossings and shoot any foreigner trying to enter - it does seem to be their end game. I'm so happy I left.

...i can forsee alot of guys chancing their arm at overstaying,keeping a low profile and paying up at the airport when they want to leave....but i have heard from some mates that they are being stopped more often by police,up north and asked for passports, they obviously realise that the farangs will resort to this measure to stay in thailand...sad sad times it looks like....i must admit i had been thinking along those lines last year but being a law abiding person decided to get back to UK and try another angle.but i can see this overstaying line will be a bigger problem for the thai authorities if they keep up this action.

Edited by zanger535

.... he said we needed a airplain ticket out of thailand, bank statement and contract for the house we rent, copi of the house onwers id card and the onwers mobile number, we was only able to get him copy of rent contract, onwers mobile number and bank statement,

Something wrong here: as an alien applying for a tourist visa to visit Thailand, how could you be able to show a lease contract, Thai mobile number and proof of a bank account in Thailand, place that you are supposed to visit within the next few days?!?

Immigration and consulates are constantly fishing... And coming with that kind of documents (except the Air ticket and some 20 thousand in your pocket) is insulting their intelligence.

Just Methinks cool.gif

We just came back from a visa run to cambodia. We went to see Mr. Keo, he said we needed a airplain ticket out of thailand, bank statement and contract for the house we rent, copi of the house onwers id card and the onwers mobile number, we was only able to get him copy of rent contract, onwers mobile number and bank statement, mr. Keo said i will see what i can do, but he was not able to help us.

We went to the embasy ourself and they wanted all thise documents but we did not have the rest of the document, the cambodian police outside the embasy said he was able to help us, and he did not need any document.

We paid him 60 usd for farang passport and 45 usd for cambodian passport and the next day in the evening he called us to pick up our passport.

But we where not able to get dubble Turist visa only the 60 days visa

If anyone need the number for the police man you can PM me.

What type of bank statement? Just that you had 20,000 baht?

Did you ask the embassy for a single entry and got refused, or did you only ask for a double entry?

I've been going to PP for visas for the past year and have always gotten refused for double entries unless I had a flight out of Thailand, but single entries have been no problem.

:whistling:

I sympathise with everyone's "problems" but the Thais are taking the stance that TOURIST visas are for real TOURISTS not those who want to live in Thailand long-term.

Why is that so strange?

The Thais simply don't believe you when you tell them that you have been a tourist for 12 months now...and that's why you already have two back to back double entry tourist visas...each with a 30 day extension ... in your passport.

When you tell them that you are insulting their intelligence. They know your b-----ing them. They think you are working in Thailand illegaly...else where does your money come from?

Use your brain, guys, there are legal ways to fix it.

Don't blame others for your self-generated "problems".

I sympathise with everyone's "problems" but the Thais are taking the stance that TOURIST visas are for real TOURISTS not those who want to live in Thailand long-term.

Why is that so strange?

The Thais simply don't believe you when you tell them that you have been a tourist for 12 months now...and that's why you already have two back to back double entry tourist visas...each with a 30 day extension ... in your passport.

When you tell them that you are insulting their intelligence. They know your b-----ing them. They think you are working in Thailand illegaly...else where does your money come from?

"else where does your money come from? "

not so difficult if you have a job in your country, bank statement from your income , or pension statements......, of course if you do not have that .....; you surely take money somewhere Else's .. and that could be in Thailand .;

as much as i read all this treads there is NO real direction , i think they see each case different ........; they judge about what you bring them

my last Double Tv at PP 4 sept granted with lease 6 month , accompanied with Thai letter and contact details from Lessor , only ticket BKK to PP and return , KK bank Statement and monthly Pension statement money, and additional my prepaid Mastercard statement , this could in your option proof enough for my life support i think so

Why is that so strange?

Because some people think they have some birth right to live in Thailand even though they cannot meet the basic requirements the Thais set for them to do so.

This thread is about getting a tourist visa in Phnom Penh.

If you're under 50, single, and financially independent, there is no visa option other than tourist.

Travelling and re-visiting another city / area is nowadays my monthly option!

I was thinking about begging for another tourist visa -I am using that solution for the last 10 years- next week in Vientiane, but no...

I will just fly in/out for having a great breakfast and buying some descent wines instead of queuing and freaking out in front of the consulate.

Next month?!? I think that Macau is the plan... cool.gif

This thread is about getting a tourist visa in Phnom Penh.

If you're under 50, single, and financially independent, there is no visa option other than tourist.

Travelling and re-visiting another city / area is nowadays my monthly option!

I was thinking about begging for another tourist visa -I am using that solution for the last 10 years- next week in Vientiane, but no...

I will just fly in/out for having a great breakfast and buying some descent wines instead of queuing and freaking out in front of the consulate.

Next month?!? I think that Macau is the plan... cool.gif

I did that for a year but it gets old quite quickly.

Going to Bali, Jakarta, Singapore, Saigon, KL etc is fun the first time or two but the travel gets a bit wearing after a while. At the end of last year and again this year I was able to get 2 x double entry visas in PP using agents but it sounds like that will not be an option in the near future.

I wasn't working and could support myself during my long-term stay. If the Thais don't want us here then I might try Kampuchea - particularly Sihanoukville if its by the sea and has a few bars. Don't need much to keep one happy as the years pass by.

Simon

Why is that so strange?

The THAI EMBASSY took the stance that i should just live here like a TOURIST when i asked for their advice when i was about to move/retire to some country in Asia, and use ATM for money transfer.

And since i'm NOT age 50+, there is no form of visa where the immigration have any question where i get my pension from. GET IT ?

Edited by poanoi

Why is that so strange?

Because some people think they have some birth right to live in Thailand even though they cannot meet the basic requirements the Thais set for them to do so.

Yes, i can't meet the basic requirement of being 50+, but that requirement was imposed on me long after i had already settled down/retired here,

following the advice and encouragement of the THAI EMBASSY

Edited by poanoi

<deleted> this im just gonna get married to my gf and that will stop all this bullshit of airline tickets out of the country.... Just gets more tiresome as everymonth goes by

Sure, this is an option, many guys are happily married to Thai ladies.:wub: Another option is the ED visa, Walen school is promoting it for years and years now and we have a few thousand very happy studnets. It really works, you learn Thai and we provide you all the visa support you need.

Getting married just for the visa may not be the best idea. What if you are not together later :fight:, you may need to get divorced. What if you really want to marry another woman in the future? She may not like the fact that you were already married.

If you do not truly love the woman you marry then you are making a serious mistake if you do it just for the visa. :redcard1:

Walen School - visa problem? No problem. :thumbsup:

Edited by MacWalen

<deleted> this im just gonna get married to my gf and that will stop all this bullshit of airline tickets out of the country.... Just gets more tiresome as everymonth goes by

Sure, this is an option, many guys are happily married to Thai ladies.:wub: Another option is the ED visa, Walen school is promoting it for years and years now and we have a few thousand very happy studnets. It really works, you learn Thai and we provide you all the visa support you need.

Getting married just for the visa may not be the best idea. What if you are not together later :fight:, you may need to get divorced. What if you really want to marry another woman in the future? She may not like the fact that you were already married.

If you do not truly love the woman you marry then you are making a serious mistake if you do it just for the visa. :redcard1:

Walen School - visa problem? No problem. :thumbsup:

lol no walen school anywhere near Buriram

ED visa is the only option, i did it for 3rd time now, just came back from Cambodia.

But it cost so much so if it wasn't for the fact that i'm hooked on thai food and got a gf here i would go over to Sihanoukville.

Total cost for visa this year was 48.000 baht including the B16000 visa trip to an embassy and bribe B15000 to Jomtien immigration to extend the visa, and that just isn't prudent money management.

Unfortunately Cambodian food suck, but visa & traffic is a bliss, it ain't over crowded and beaches is also good. I never saw an Cambodian girl that got me interested, except the one in a back seat of a Rolls Royce in PP B)

Edited by poanoi

I've been put-off by ED visa's as they seem to be a lot of dodgy schools around. As the poster above appears to be saying, a hefty bribe appears to be necessary for some of these visa's / extensions.

I have no knowledge of Walen schools but I assume you are a bona fide outfit.

Can you advise, approximately, how much for a one year course of lessons, plus how many classroom hours per week ? In or near Central Pattaya if possible.

I also think Cambodia could be an option in the future or perhaps Southern Vietnam. If I could afford it I would probably go to Malaysia as they welcome retirees (provided you can have enough money in the bank). Indonesia is my dream retirement destination but the visa situation there is pretty hopeless also :( .

Thanks,

Simon

just curious,

How many years can u get a ED visa? and i am sure sometime in the future they will close this loophole by your having to pass a thai language test. I see now u can even go to a school online !!!

PS: after years an years here in Thailand i must admit i prefer Cambodian ladies :)

Edited by phuketrichard

walen?best? never try, i did my ed visa from walen in bkk ( times square )

what i told before apply? i told them i had to go my country for a time because of army health check and can not come lessons in a period and they said ok no problem can add this time, they add? not

second - i called them for extend my ed visa ( will expire 10october ) and if i can make it end of september because my wife give birth, they said ok and end of september i went and they said no, IMPOSSIBLE, who told you this, need 6weeks etc..., i explained 10 october my last date, they put there philippines girls but they very uneducated only can speak english ( native speaker phillippines ) , i told her i have a new born baby ( 5days old ) and bring him to home from hospital, she said best way for me to make overstay, so i pay daily 500baht and makes for 6weeks not more than 20.000baht, she very funny because overstay is not good situation and nobody can offer this kind of funny thing, i left walen and contact with another school ( 2000baht cheaper than walen but very good customer service ( languageexpress ) i told them my situation and they care much called me 2-3 times and they said they will make my visa extension in 10 days or earlier, but they want me to take paper from walen that shows i studied one year in walen for thai lesson, so they used it and for make extension ( not make new ) i called walen for take i study in walen but she said it is again impossible, it takes a week for prepare, walen best? i wait reply from macwalen what he thinks? what makes school quality high?number of students? lots of people use school for visa, result? i have friends in same classroom and they studied more than a year and speak thai?of course not :) but visa ok,

my last word if try to use school, read all forum, in this forum i read a guy report about walen, he said for visa in 2weeks walen asked him extra 5000baht make process faster and he used other school and they not charged extra and make in 8days,

i still laugh how they can offer overstay? http://www.thaivisa....isa-can-be-fun/

"Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with

permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding

two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both."

* Overstay 1 - 21 days: Pay a fine 500 Baht/day at Airport/land border

* Overstay 22 - 41 days: Pay a fine 500 Baht/day, possible arrest/detention, deportation, possible blacklisting

* Overstay 42 days or more: Pay a fine up to 20,000 Baht, arrest/detention, deportation, possible blacklisting

Edited by tekinsel

just curious,

How many years can u get a ED visa? and i am sure sometime in the future they will close this loophole by your having to pass a thai language test. I see now u can even go to a school online !!!

for exam not need to worry :) they have questions and give it to you, so you not know anything but can pass easily :)

^ Interesting post - almost like a Joycean stream of consciousness.

Lets see what Walen have to say, however for my part I would like to combine the Visa with actually learning the language. I imagine, that if you take the lessons seriously, you can learn a lot in 1 year. (And in 1 year I will be almost 50 :D ).

Simon