Tourist Visa In Cambodia - My Experience Today.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a recommendation for a language school (not walen) or muay thai gym in bangkok that can get me an ED visa?

Seems Walen is so popular that you need a special recommendation for another school. Did we do anything bad to you or you just listen to some not so friendly posters on TV? Come and check for yourself, you might like Walen more than you know.

Walen School - so why not us?

Because if your school really was good, you wouldn't need to promote it so heavily on these forums.

Word of mouth would do it for you.

I know he is a sponsor but I think he is actually losing potential customers with his spamming of all posts even remotely related to his school. I know it turned me off when I was considering that route for a visa.

Have to agree, it's like he's trying too hard. Some of his posts reminds me of late night infomercials in the US. :rolleyes:

I am in Phnom Penh right now, will be using Travel Agent to apply for Tourist Visa. Been told double entry not possible anymore, NO documents (flight/hotel booking etc) needed but not sure they can get the Visa as my passport contains several Thai Tourist Visa's plus extensions already. Will know more in 2 days....

Please report what happens.

Got my tourist visa here in Phnom Penh, single entry, within 2 days. Double entry not possible. Applied sunday evening, picked up tuesday evening. Used agent, no flight or hotel bookings needed. I have 5 Tourist Visas in my passport already, this is Nr. 6... I have been traveling extensively to Japan, Korea, China etc etc and not just TH to Cambodia and back... It should work if you are NOT from Nigeria or the Philippines as I was told...

I am in Phnom Penh right now, will be using Travel Agent to apply for Tourist Visa. Been told double entry not possible anymore, NO documents (flight/hotel booking etc) needed but not sure they can get the Visa as my passport contains several Thai Tourist Visa's plus extensions already. Will know more in 2 days....

Got my tourist visa here in Phnom Penh, single entry, within 2 days. Double entry not possible. Applied sunday evening, picked up tuesday evening. Used agent, no flight or hotel bookings needed. I have 5 Tourist Visas in my passport already, this is Nr. 6... I have been traveling extensively to Japan, Korea, China etc etc and not just TH to Cambodia and back... It should work if you are NOT from Nigeria or the Philippines as I was told...

Good News ! .,

Hope it will last.. i myself need an singel entry in January...... after that bye bye Thailand ! . , will relocate to COLOMBIA insteed... better girls :]

...Hope it will last.. i myself need an singel entry in January...... after that bye bye Thailand ! . , will relocate to COLOMBIA insteed... better girls :]

Regardless of how you judge the quality of "girls", that's what being a permanent tourist is all about: some time in one country, followed by some time in another country, etc. Best wishes for your forthcoming stay in Colombia. I hope you will continue to read ThaiVisa and and contribute to any topic that attracts your attention.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. As long as I can get a single entry I'm happy.

I will be going to Phnom Penh on Monday, unless the airport in Bangkok is flooded. Which visa agent did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

I went to PP last week (26 Oct). Checked in at the Flamingos hotel and the guy (Bona) at reception said that he could get me a tourist visa no problem. Single entry $60 (includes agent fee), double not possible. Just gave him the money and my passport, no photos, flights, bank books, nada...

I gave him my passport in the morning and I got it back the next day in the evening.

Glad to be back in CNX to sober up, lol...

Edited by Thaihog

Asked about Thai visa's at a few travel agents, they wanted flight/hotel booking information. Then sun rise booking tour, on riverfront (slightly south of street 144) said they can do for $60 without any documentation. Left them with my passport only, picked up my single entry TR visa two days later (today). Visa itself was stamped with a cost of $40, presumably because it was using express service. The four day return option would be cheaper. Very happy, wasn't looking forward to dealing with the hotel reservation requirement.

Can people please post here the visa agents they have used in PP that have given a 1 day standard turnaround. E.g. Hand in passport Monday morning and pick up Tuesday afternoon... This is the practice at Laos and KL. I know people have said PP embassy is slower, but still reports of this being possible with some agents still.

I have to go and get a single entry visa.... Funds and flights can be shown no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any current reports from PP? I am wanting to go shortly and i have a lot of back to back tourists. What are my chances?

Zero.

Most Thai Embassies/Consulates in SEA apply stricter rules, you should not travel if you have more than 4 previous Thai Tourist Visa in your current passport.

On the other hand, all Thai Embassies/Consulates welcome you, if you apply , with complete paperwork, for any kind of Non Immigrant Visa.

I'm looking info on tourist visa in Cambodia and peoples first hand experience today. What the heck You fight in this thread, go private or go get the room!

Move to Cambodia ;

tourist visa valid for 30 days, (cost $20 at airport or when u enter via road) can be renewed once in country

Business ( or now called regular visa)

cost $25 available same as tourist visa can be extended in country for 1, 3, 6 12 months, 6 (about $180) & 12 (about $285) month extensions are multi entry

no paper work needed, no need work permit, don't need any money other than cost of visa :jap:

Edited by phuketrichard

Any current reports from PP? I am wanting to go shortly and i have a lot of back to back tourists. What are my chances?

Zero.

Most Thai Embassies/Consulates in SEA apply stricter rules, you should not travel if you have more than 4 previous Thai Tourist Visa in your current passport.

On the other hand, all Thai Embassies/Consulates welcome you, if you apply , with complete paperwork, for any kind of Non Immigrant Visa.

Ty visarunner for your reply. May i ask where you have heard this information and if you have examples of actual refusals in PP?

Thank you.

Zero.

Ty visarunner for your reply. May i ask where you have heard this information and if you have examples of actual refusals in PP?

Thank you.

Oh, called yesterday 4visarun companies and 3 said no trips at the moment and only Jacks said OK, under the condition that you do not have more than 2 previous tourist visa in your passport and they asked for certain documnets to be provided.

Zero.

Thank you.

Oh, called yesterday 4visarun companies and 3 said no trips at the moment and only Jacks said OK, under the condition that you do not have more than 2 previous tourist visa in your passport and they asked for certain documnets to be provided.

TY for letting us know