If You See A 45 Year Old Running @ The Mote For Soup In The Evenings 3-4 Days A Week In Purple Un. Of Washington Shorts Thats Me ;-)

JRA

I admit I miss Cali Wow as my new club isn't as nice but I have to admit enjoying my walk/running to and from PM soup around CM and the Mote a few times a week.

I am a die hard University of Washington Alum so I always sport my purple shorts so if you see me "honk" because Cali Wow and their price goudging isn't cool and I for 1 had to make a stand based on priniple alone. I miss many people I see and said hello to a WOW but not the membership used car sales people they employ.

Hope to return after my 1 month away but they are crazy if they think I am paying 3200 each month after I dropped 11K Baht for 6 months...I mean, Cali wow is asking about $110 US dollars for a month????wisky tango foxtrot, I don't mind paying more but don't act like I am a fool and try to steal from me when I have payed more for 6 months than many paid for lifetime memberships. Their business model is going to fail hard and at least they could do is fix 20% stuff that doesn't work...and why on earth do they need 50 plus employees working at once?

Where in a graded list of American Universities does Washington feature, if at all?

It usually features in the world's top 25 universities. I've seen it as high as 8, but here it is at 23:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2010-2011/top-200.html

Higher of course if only counting US universities but not much, as the vast majority of the world's best universities are in the US.

Where in a graded list of American Universities does Washington feature, if at all?

MOTE = moat :blink: .. OP states he is an alum of U of Wash. Would guess that the answer to your above ? is This Uni must not rank very high on the chart

:D :D

But it is a topic about running.....and you know what those college athletes are like. :blink:

I'm a UW grad myself & the OP made me cringe. But let me set the writing skills issue aside & suggest there are much nicer places to run in Chiang Mai than around the moat. 700 year stadium, the municipal stadium, Huay Tung Tao, CMU, and the arboretum between CMU & the zoo are just a few examples. My favorite is the CMU Ag-Industry campus south along the canal road - miles of paved & dirt roads through fields & forest with great views and no cars.

So what the fuc* happenend to the U Dub football program? I had season tickets for more than thirty years and rented them out for the last 10. I've moved up from the 10 yard line to the 19 yard line in that time.

It was bad my friend and it started with the University not standing by Coach Don James and the President of the University being jealous fool...add some bad AD moves starting with Barbara Hedges from $C.

Replacing a great coach isn't easy and we had nearly 30 str8 winning seasons and then we hired an AD from Vandy that hired maybe the worst D1 coach/fraud in America in Ty Lossingsham....Sark seems like the guy and the AD has managed to get a New Stadium in the works which will return UW to the top IMO

Go DaWgs!

PM soup around CM and the Mote

So what is PM soup and the Mote?

Iain

I think the mote is the moat around the old city. The soup i have no idea.

Sorry to the spell check police and PM is the time I eat in the evening around the Chiang Mai Gate area...I run/walk for the exercise after my meal a few times a week and try and dodge rain drops

MOTE = moat :blink: .. OP states he is an alum of U of Wash. Would guess that the answer to your above ? is This Uni must not rank very high on the chart

:D :D

But it is a topic about running.....and you know what those college athletes are like. :blink:

The topic was making a stand against price goudging at Cali Wow

I am proud I graduated from a top 15 University in USA with a 3.5 in Business after I returned from the 1st Gulf War because I had to study hard and support my wife and young daughter....my spelling is nearly as bad as my typing but thankfully for me spelling isn't a sign for intell

I was making a stand vs Cali Wow on principle and hoping some of the folks after me would benefit....and I have enjoyed the run/walk of 2k before and after my pm lol not am soup

I admit I miss Cali Wow as my new club isn't as nice but I have to admit enjoying my walk/running to and from PM soup around CM and the Mote a few times a week.

I am a die hard University of Washington Alum

Poppycock! A true Dawg would never join any club named "Cali". You are an embarrassment to me, to Chiang Mai's top Dawg Fan Dr. Amnuay, and to all other Dawgs around the globe.

A good cheap alternative to a traditional gym is bicycle and Doi Suthip mountain. There are many people cycling up to the halfway viewpoint, Doi Suthip temple or the top Doi Pui. It can be a pleasant ride especially on the way down. Theres lots of trails if you want to go off road and come down at Huay Tung Tau. Most people who stay on the road go up late afternoon. A semi decent mountain bike will cost 10000 baht. and its a great way to explore Chiang Mai.

So what the fuc* happenend to the U Dub football program? I had season tickets for more than thirty years and rented them out for the last 10. I've moved up from the 10 yard line to the 19 yard line in that time.

It was bad my friend and it started with the University not standing by Coach Don James and the President of the University being jealous fool...add some bad AD moves starting with Barbara Hedges from $C.

Replacing a great coach isn't easy and we had nearly 30 str8 winning seasons and then we hired an AD from Vandy that hired maybe the worst D1 coach/fraud in America in Ty Lossingsham....Sark seems like the guy and the AD has managed to get a New Stadium in the works which will return UW to the top IMO

Go DaWgs!

No, they started going downhill when named Rick Newhuisel coach. Overrated IMHO

If you are missing the CaliWow aerobics classes there are some nice "Ladies" who hang out on the SE corner of dah mote in the PM that offer private classes ...

But if you not into a little Wisky Tango keep running B)

Edited by sfokevin