Wont Be Many Brits Left Here Soon 47 Baht To Sterling Oh Dear

where you drinking outside a 7-11 by any chance?

never is 7 years seen a place sell beer that cheap, well apart from a 7-11 and the mom and pop stores .. but not a bar , as if they are selling t that price there is 0 profit

It was in a fairly upmarket Thai bar/restaurant.

Uniformed beer girls to pour the drinks.

No English menu so no white people to rip off.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, what these last threads seem to mean to me is that when I was born in the UK I was English/British and lucky me, great place to live and that citizenship was mine until I died, a bit like a lifetime guarantee,but, it now seems some where along the road that some Governments have been changing the goalposts and now that guanrantee has come down to just 90 days? What an absoulute disgrace, what a way to treat your own people! As I keep saying immigrants and asylum seekers get a better deal than the people that were born there. Nobody notices and nobody cares nd what do I read in the DM today? That that jolly bunch of financial wizards come graytrain passengers over in the EU are now going to try and force the UK Govt to give immediate rights to Immigrants and not make them wait, who is running that place, or UK PLC come to think of it! Again go back to all this lot, give you heart attack!

What is the DM? Is it the Daily Mail?

Commonly known as the Daily Wail.

Not so much a Newspaper, more a Comic,Similar to the Sun!

But an up market "Sun"! Or has the quality, over time brought down? You are probably not far wide of the mark, big headlines and litle substance, usually. At least online its free.

It was a good unbiased newspaper,at one time,now it just serves to wind up the people with lies and sensational trash,and all the bad news they can conjure up. (hence Daily Wail)

And most definately,"the quality over time brought down"

Hotel was Bt400,Beer was (from memory)about 30 Bt a throw and Tuk Tuk to Soi C about 15-20 Bt :D

Tonight we were out drinking in quite a nice place (live music too loud)

3 large Ashahi beers for 100 bht

3 large leo beers for 117 bht

So not all that much difference then

Good effort on the Leo's - selling for 1 Baht a bottle less than Makro.

Maybe they thought you had small Leo ?

You know, what these last threads seem to mean to me is that when I was born in the UK I was English/British and lucky me, great place to live and that citizenship was mine until I died, a bit like a lifetime guarantee,but, it now seems some where along the road that some Governments have been changing the goalposts and now that guanrantee has come down to just 90 days? What an absoulute disgrace, what a way to treat your own people! As I keep saying immigrants and asylum seekers get a better deal than the people that were born there. Nobody notices and nobody cares nd what do I read in the DM today? That that jolly bunch of financial wizards come graytrain passengers over in the EU are now going to try and force the UK Govt to give immediate rights to Immigrants and not make them wait, who is running that place, or UK PLC come to think of it! Again go back to all this lot, give you heart attack!

Actually no. The Sun is a tabloid that is known for page 3.

The Daily Mail is known as the lower middle class paper pedalling even more biased rubbish to those who fondly believe they have become 'middle class'. Embarrassing at best, but not quite as bad as the Daily Express....

Give me the Sun and Mirror anyday over the Mail and Express - at least they are funny!

<br />Less Brits?<br /><br />That could only be a greater advantage and benefit to the Thai society, yes?<br />

State Express 555?

Now the rate is over 48, they will be unpacking and getting the deck chairs out. Look out for special offers chaps, BIG C cooking oil down from 43 to 42 bts. Must sit down and catch my breath!

I was getting 45 to the baht in 95 and I get 48 today, while many things have gone up.

We feel your pain, but prices everywhere in the world have gone up a lot since 1995. Why would Thailand be any different?

I don't expect things to be different in LOS. I was just making the point to someone else that my wages in the UK went up less in real terms than costs in real terms in Thailand since 1995.

Less than 1.5% increase in your income per year? How do you keep up with inflation in the UK?

I didn't. Every year I was susidising the NHS.

If nurses and other staff ( not drs or managers ) were paid what they were worth, instead of being exploited, the NHS would probably cost about twice what it costs now, and would cease to exist.

I, happily have taken early retirement, and left those willing to continue to be exploited to carry on.

Hotel was Bt400,Beer was (from memory)about 30 Bt a throw and Tuk Tuk to Soi C about 15-20 Bt :D

Tonight we were out drinking in quite a nice place (live music too loud)

3 large Ashahi beers for 100 bht

3 large leo beers for 117 bht

So not all that much difference then

Probably about 500km difference, unless you were also on Suk soi 19.

Rinrada wasnt staying in the Honey for 400b in 97 either, not that much difference, but the cheapest room, car park was at least 650 baht

In error

Edited by thaibeachlovers

<br />
<br />
<br />Less Brits?<br /><br />That could only be a greater advantage and benefit to the Thai society, yes?<br />
<br /><br />555<br />
<br /><br />State Express 555?<br /><br />Now the rate is over 48, they will be unpacking and getting the deck chairs out. Look out for special offers chaps, BIG C cooking oil down from 43 to 42 bts. Must sit down and catch my breath!<br />

555= ha ha ha

where you drinking outside a 7-11 by any chance?

never is 7 years seen a place sell beer that cheap, well apart from a 7-11 and the mom and pop stores .. but not a bar , as if they are selling t that price there is 0 profit

It was in a fairly upmarket Thai bar/restaurant.

Uniformed beer girls to pour the drinks.

No English menu so no white people to rip off.

Guess you had a very good night out,since you can't remember the price anymore.

Do you honestly not realise that only those without children on good salaries were subsidising everyone else??

Anyone with children (who were receiving free education, health care etc.) was not subsidising the NHS....

Actually no. The Sun is a tabloid that is known for page 3.

The Daily Mail is known as the lower middle class paper pedalling even more biased rubbish to those who fondly believe they have become 'middle class'. Embarrassing at best, but not quite as bad as the Daily Express....

Give me the Sun and Mirror anyday over the Mail and Express - at least they are funny!

Actually the Daily Mail is also a tabloid, My reference to the comparison with the Sun,was to the content and Political issues,etc ,and bad news on every page,not Page 3,and yes it was known as the Paper for the lower middle classes,I wouldn't think many of them would choose to be associated with the extremist views and blatant lies of the Mail these days.

Both of them have tapped into an open vein: Bad news,abuse of our countries laws,and mass immigration,not forgetting the Country is in mass decline,a financial mess,and the whole World is sucking our welfare state into the ground...........Sells Newspapers!

I agree with you on the Daily Express (carbon copy of the Mail), another Paper that has copied the style of the Mail and Sun,because......................it sells their RAGS.

If you want to hoodwink the population,always make sure there is some truth in what you report!

Bet Majic reads The Guardian ,now that is a left wing lying rag.

No Sorry i've never read it.

but ageed,it does have an extreme reputation as a left wing newspaper!

Wasn't lying when it exposed the phone hacking scandals with the collusion of paid for cops carried out by the lying right wing Murdoch press. :rolleyes:

Wasn't lying when it exposed the phone hacking scandals with the collusion of paid for cops carried out by the lying right wing Murdoch press. :rolleyes:

I thought it was the TIMES that an exclusive scoop on that story :o

I thought it was the TIMES that an exclusive scoop on that story :o

Nope. The Guardian all the way and had been doggedly digging at it despite attempts by Scotland Yard top brass to get them to desist. The Yard was even forced to withdraw an attempt under the Official Secrets Act last week to get them to reveal their source for the story. The Times would never have done anything on the story even if they had it, they are after all part of the Murdoch empire.

Do you honestly not realise that only those without children on good salaries were subsidising everyone else??

Anyone with children (who were receiving free education, health care etc.) was not subsidising the NHS....

I'm sure you know that I was referring to the fact that my wages did not keep up with inflation as the NHS did not give full cost of living increases.

As for children- no, no sprogs, ever, but I've supported more than a few over the years through my taxes thanks to insane PC laws in the west.

Now that's another Story,

Murdochs papers have a History for controlling British Politics,and making or breaking a Partys election chances,maybe the "News of the World" was the ageed sacrificial Lamb? to save further investigations,and embarressment?

Mind you, The Guardian on Sunday sales must be up? :whistling:

Edited by MAJIC

Now that's another Story,

Murdochs papers have a History for controlling British Politics,and making or breaking a Partys election chances,maybe the "News of the World" was the ageed sacrificial Lamb? to save further investigations,and embarressment?

Mind you, The Guardian on Sunday sales must be up? :whistling:

Aah, Majic, there is no such beast as the Guardian on Sunday. I will concede it has a sister Sunday paper, The Observer, actually the worlds oldest Sunday newspaper. However I can assure you that no News of the World reader disgruntled at its demise would have picked up the Observer as compensation. Like walking into a booksellers & finding out your Jackie Collins novel ain't in stock and walking out with something by Dostoyevsky. :whistling:

:whistling:

Oh dear.

Well I'm an American, and I can remember comments by Brits on this forum, not that long ago, when the dollar/baht rate was down to nearly 28 baht to a dollar about how ALL the Americans would be leaving soon.

Well, I'm still here, and today's rate is roughly 31 baht to a dollar.

But I won't rub it in...it could change again. Probably will too.

But back then I said that the Thai baht was over-valued, and I predicted the dollar/baht rate would peak at 32 baht to a dollar by 2012.

I'll just have to wait to see if I was right or not about that.

:)

Falling like a stone again... what it gains in 1 week it loses in 1 day &lt;deleted&gt;.. more claps needed cmon

From Wednesday of last week to this lunchtime

Wednesday 28-Sep-11 ฿48.09500

Thursday 29-Sep-11 ฿48.40250

Friday 30-Sep-11 ฿48.27125

Monday 3-Oct-11 ฿48.26000

Tuesday 4-Oct-11 ฿47.93625

Wednesday 5-Oct-11 ฿47.77000

I would hardly say that is falling like a stone would you?

Falling like a stone again... what it gains in 1 week it loses in 1 day &lt;deleted&gt;.. more claps needed cmon

From Wednesday of last week to this lunchtime

Wednesday 28-Sep-11 ฿48.09500

Thursday 29-Sep-11 ฿48.40250

Friday 30-Sep-11 ฿48.27125

Monday 3-Oct-11 ฿48.26000

Tuesday 4-Oct-11 ฿47.93625

Wednesday 5-Oct-11 ฿47.77000

I would hardly say that is falling like a stone would you?

Actually went upto 48.9 so dont know where your getting them numbers from