Chiang Mai Schools

tpthai2

Thank you for that information ..... Not good news for my budget.

I remain a a bit of a loss in finding a decent reasonably priced school for my 6+ year old.

Take a look at Wachirawit Pratom school along Changklan Road. I think fees for the EP are around 20K per semester. Classrooms have air-con and there's a new swimming pool for swimming classes.

my advice forget bilingual its a broke education model go all Thai or all English but does not need ot be an international school most of which are rip offs and dont offer any more than a decent private Thai school with a proper english program International schools are mainly places for parents to show off and kids to become stuck up snobs and were one of lucky ones who can afford their fees. We sent our 2 to international schools for first few years but once they got to around 9 realised our mistake. Later we will send them for their education after 15 to a UK or maybe SIngapore school ready for university if thats what they want to do.

Singapore offers the best education in the world imo now but it's very competitive getting into their government schools.

I remain a a bit of a loss in finding a decent reasonably priced school for my 6+ year old.

What is your budget? Then maybe we can suggest schools that match it.

Thanks for your reply, At the moment our daughter is in Wattana, Bangkok.

Girls academy, about 30K per-semester. Very good Thai school with both Thai and native speaking English teachers.

I woulds assume that 20 to 30K would be our max. Any suggestions appreciated.

Girls academy, about 30K per-semester. Very good Thai school with both Thai and native speaking English teachers.

Bilingual schools here are about 35,000 baht per semester. At least the one my son goes to is.

Take a look at Wachirawit Pratom school along Changklan Road. I think fees for the EP are around 20K per semester. Classrooms have air-con and there's a new swimming pool for swimming classes.

Thank you ... i will look at this school. Do you have an address and or which part of CM is it located in?

Bilingual schools here are about 35,000 baht per semester. At least the one my son goes to is.

May I ask which one does he attend and I assume you are happy with it? Thanks.

Oops, sorry, forgot that bit. Ambassador Bilingual (ABS). It's on Hwy11 just south of the middle ring road, on the west side, across from the Isuzu dealer. It's only in its 3rd year. Has a small school feel to it. Very happy so far.

Thank you ... i will look at this school. Do you have an address and or which part of CM is it located in?

Changklan Road opposite the Shangrila Hotel

Oops, sorry, forgot that bit. Ambassador Bilingual (ABS). It's on Hwy11 just south of the middle ring road, on the west side, across from the Isuzu dealer. It's only in its 3rd year. Has a small school feel to it. Very happy so far.

Of all the schools I have experience with this was the worst. Very money-minded and the management was rather incapable when it came to solving problems. Tiny, overcrowded class rooms and from what I have noticed a high turnover rate for teachers and staff. But their marketing is quite effective.

But who knows, I might have been unlucky and things might have improved.....

To make a choice for a school you have to make visits, ask detailed questions and don't be too easily impressed by slick marketing.

my advice forget bilingual its a broke education model go all Thai or all English but does not need ot be an international school most of which are rip offs and dont offer any more than a decent private Thai school with a proper english program International schools are mainly places for parents to show off and kids to become stuck up snobs and were one of lucky ones who can afford their fees. We sent our 2 to international schools for first few years but once they got to around 9 realised our mistake. Later we will send them for their education after 15 to a UK or maybe SIngapore school ready for university if thats what they want to do.

Singapore offers the best education in the world imo now but it's very competitive getting into their government schools.

Not all that relevant to the OP, but I would certainly agree about the quality of education in Singapore. The Singapore education ministry did their homework perhaps 15 to 20 years ago and changed everything and the results are now there, totally first class.

My Thai son did several years of high school in Singapore and his overall capabilities went through the roof. Just simple examples, his ability to automatically analyze everything and quickly construct good questions, plus his ability to engage in detailed discussion, form and quickly & clearly express opinions etc. The downside was that he returned to Thailand for university (for a good reason) but was quickly stopped in his tracks when he tried to ask questions in class.

Edited by scorecard

I suggested this in an earlier post as my daughter goes to the upper school, she was at the lower school on Chang klan last year. We are just about to pay for the second term this week and its 22k, the first term was nearer 30k, that is with the ESP English added. I have been really impressed with my daughters progress. (prices not including books and uniforms)

Edited by thaimiller