All Urged To Join Anti-Corruption Walk: Bangkok

webfact

COALITION AGAINST CORRUPTION

All urged to join anti-corruption walk

By The Nation

30165997-01.jpg

All interested are invited to join a walk against corruption on Sunday, Sept 25, hosted by the Stock Exchange of Thailand and 28 private organisations which recently formed the Coalition Against Corruption.

A source from the coalition said that at least 5,000 participants are expected at Lumpini Park, mostly being employees of the participating organisations.

"We indeed expect at least 10,000, to show our power against the corruption," she said.

The general public is being urged to join.

The private sector is convinced that the political instability that has swamped Thailand in the past five years stems from widespread corruption.

The Office of Securities and Exchange Commission is a strong ally of this coalition. The officials and staff wear the anti-corruption T-shirt on Fridays.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-24

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti- corruption walk hosted by the government? That's really calling the kettle black. Another Thailand joke.:lol:

I was at the Birds and Bees Resort in Pattaya yesterday. It's owned by the guy who founded Cabbages and Condoms. Great guy.

Loved one of his signs:

Don't Steal.

The government hates the competition.

Anti- corruption walk hosted by the government? That's really calling the kettle black. Another Thailand joke.:lol:

I was at the Birds and Bees Resort in Pattaya yesterday. It's owned by the guy who founded Cabbages and Condoms. Great guy.

Loved one of his signs:

Don't Steal.

The government hates the competition.

Priceless comment so so true /////

I hope the SET is addressing its own internal problems in this area if there are any. I wonder what happened to the recently resigned chairman of the oversight body of the SET.

I wonder if the companies place any pressure on their employees to attend the rally or to wear the T-shirts?

I sincerely hope that we wont be seeing Dr Tul emerge form under a mountain of anti-corruption T-shirts in whatever colour he fancies removing from the wardrobe of the discerning Thai fashionista this year

Did they not see the election results? Bit late to do anything about corruption now

No different to before the election. The levels of corruption under the Abhisit regime were worse than under the initial Thaksin regime. Just pointing out like as some think only Thaksin led governments are corrupt.

Did they not see the election results? Bit late to do anything about corruption now

No different to before the election. The levels of corruption under the Abhisit regime were worse than under the initial Thaksin regime. Just pointing out like as some think only Thaksin led governments are corrupt.

Both governments were corrupt. But this one seems to be trying to one up all the previous ones....

Actually, the perception of corruption was worse under Abhisit than Thaksin. People were more aware of it after Thaksin.

The Democrats acknowledged that corruption was a problem that needed to be fought, even under their administration. The Thaksin apologists and sycofants prefer his approach, deny there is any corruption, arrest and sue anyone who reveals corruption on defamation charges, all the while looting as much you possibly can.

Now thats funny

Anti corruption walk every Thai in the Country should be there

Wondering when the cynical posts would begin. Did you not notice at least two posts stating 'It's a start'? Any stance against the rampant corruption here in Thailand by it's people, of whatever size in number, and from whatever quarter, is unprecedented. I wish them well in keeping the momentum going.

'A journey of a thousand miles starts with but one step' - old Russian proverb.

Who do I pay to get move up to the front of the line with some of those hotties.whistling.gif

:lol: Yeah I was scanning the pic to see if there's anyone worth joining the crusade for.

" That's right Ngu! I think it's time that I stood alongside my Thai brothers and sisters in support of their admirable stance on corruption! The cancer of society!"

( Thinking " Christ she's got a tight arse in those jeans")

:D

The Democrats acknowledged that corruption was a problem that needed to be fought, even under their administration. The Thaksin apologists and sycofants prefer his approach, deny there is any corruption, arrest and sue anyone who reveals corruption on defamation charges, all the while looting as much you possibly can.

Succinct and to the point.

They are all corrupt from the top to the very bottom.