All Urged To Join Anti-Corruption Walk: Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The various PR groups, hired by those with suspect backgrounds and those with recorded/verified criminal activity, are tasked to present mind altering propaganda and to swing public opinion. They, seemly have been fairly successful with many in the local population as well as those looking in.

Did they not see the election results? Bit late to do anything about corruption now

No different to before the election. The levels of corruption under the Abhisit regime were worse than under the initial Thaksin regime. Just pointing out like as some think only Thaksin led governments are corrupt.

I see you are trying to claim it but have yet to prove it.

So a question: Do you agree with the assessment that this current one will set a new record?

the Thailand information centre for civil rights and investigative journalism

Another front-organization?

Interestingly, Giles is saying the organization cannot be trusted - presumably since it exposed Yingluck too.

http://thaipolitical...ji-on-the-tcij/

amazingly enough, when i checked out this organization at my time of posting there was a completely pro-red shirt website denouncing them, giving various reasons to how they were biased and aligned with the democrats and the anti-red shirt division of the military... it was literally the second result that came up after a google search

and now it's nowhere to be found!! lol

yes, and? which is why i went to the trouble of finding the original sources, just for you my friend, just for you.

what difference does it make if it was from wikipedia when they give links to their original sources? which i verified for you... does that make them less valid?

The main problem is they are easily taken out of context, especially when it's one translated line out of a Thai language article.

A post containing quoted content from Bangkok Post has been remove as well as the replies to that post. Another reminder:

31) Members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Bangkokpost.com or Phuketwan inside topics on Thaivisa.com. Posts from members containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Members posting links referring back to the sites is also not allowed and will be deleted.

he asked for a source, not a link.... i gave him the source, if you want links just ask, i can give you them, but there is this handy tool called google, it helps so that you don't have to spoonfeed people their information

Additionally, a famous line from the film 'a few good men' is springing to mind right now

stop trying to dictate the forum and stick to being a poster, like the rest of us.

Being a good poster and not just some kind of troll is exactly that: being able when you quote someone or something to provide a good way to access that same information. It's a nice way to avoid rumors propagation and so useless chats.

Something that a lot of Thai (but not only) journalists seems to forget also.

"Democrat MPs saw their personal net worth increase by 4.3 billion baht while Abhisit was Prime Minister"

"10 out of 10 MPs whose wealth increased the most during Abhisit's premiership were all Democrat MPs"

http://www.tcijthai....ative-story/793

"In early 2009, the Democrat Party was accused by the Opposition of receiving 258 million baht in illegal donations from businessman-turned-politician Prachai Leophairatana"

out of a nation article titled : Prachai cash claims may hit govt

Other Democrat Party leaders claimed that "the alleged donation never took place" and that the "party never obtained it."

"Democrat politicians have insisted the alleged donation never took place. They said money was given to relatives of some party colleagues as part of business dealing, but the party had never obtained it."

http://www.nationmul...cs_30122515.php

(this is not posted as quote but as fact) - receiving and using an unlawful donation could result in the dissolution of the democrat Party and the banning of its executives from political office for violation of the Political Party Act. - (end)

...even the pro-Democrat Nation called the Opposition's presentation "clear-cut."

"thanks to Chalerm's clear-cut presentation this will remain a thorn in the Democrats' side in the foreseeable future"

http://nationmultime...cs_30098429.php

Edited by nurofiend

A post questioning moderation issues regarding linking to Bangkok Post has been removed. We have no problems with Bangkok Post content/links being posted providing you contact us first and verify that you will provide the funds to pay for the lawyers to fight the lawsuit that will follow.

Thanks.

If you feel the need to question this further please email to: support(at)thaivisa.com

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

he asked for a source, not a link.... i gave him the source, if you want links just ask, i can give you them, but there is this handy tool called google, it helps so that you don't have to spoonfeed people their information

Additionally, a famous line from the film 'a few good men' is springing to mind right now

stop trying to dictate the forum and stick to being a poster, like the rest of us.

Being a good poster and not just some kind of troll is exactly that: being able when you quote someone or something to provide a good way to access that same information. It's a nice way to avoid rumors propagation and so useless chats.

Something that a lot of Thai (but not only) journalists seems to forget also.

obviously now, you can see where i was coming from! lol

yes, and? which is why i went to the trouble of finding the original sources, just for you my friend, just for you.

what difference does it make if it was from wikipedia when they give links to their original sources? which i verified for you... does that make them less valid?

The main problem is they are easily taken out of context, especially when it's one translated line out of a Thai language article.

well as i said (pre-delete), you can take and believe whatever you want out of it,

i'm not going to try and change your mind.

Thais show power against corruption

By The Nation

30166143-01.jpg

A large number of Thais yesterday joined force against corruption, participating in the short rally from Lumpini Park to Silom Road which was participated by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, politicians and leading figures in the business circle.

Yingluck and former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva led politicians in a vow against corruption at the rally, hosted by the Coalition Against Corruption which encompasses 30 private organisations including the Stock Exchange of Thailand and the Federation of Thai Industries.

The prime minister said before the rally started that corruption is a serious problem of Thai society and showed her wish for the honesty from all Thais. She also thanked Senate Speaker, Abhisit, business persons and others who joined the rally, aimed at raising awareness against corruption.

She vowed not to abuse power for own benefits; to honour the laws, professsional rules and social norms; and to build social morals against corruption for the stronger Thailand.

Thai Chamber of Commerce Chairman Pongsak Assakul, acting chairman of the Coalition, said that the rally marks the beginning of the nationwide anti-corruption attempt. He admitted that the attempt would encounter hurdles, but with cooperation from all the problem would be less severe.

He noted that chiefly, the Coalition will push for measures to reduce corruption involved with public project procurement, in cooperation with the Finance Ministry and the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

"The public would be an integral part. Though the Coalition owns no legal power, but it will campaign for tips from all. With advice from professionals, the bidding process must be more transparent," he said.

FTI Chairman Payungsak Chartsutipol said that public forces would play a key role in strengthening the movement.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-26

amazingly enough, when i checked out this organization at my time of posting there was a completely pro-red shirt website denouncing them, giving various reasons to how they were biased and aligned with the democrats and the anti-red shirt division of the military... it was literally the second result that came up after a google search

I posted a link to one above and it still exists.

I posted a link to one above and it still exists.

i know that, i was pointing out that i had found a site that had strangely disappeared.

and i still believe it's fair to assume that the link i posted from them is unbiased, but that boils down down to personal opinion and common sense really.