My Tips For Keeping Safe On Your Motorbike

kenny999

1, drive between 40 and 60 kph in built up areas, 80 kph max on long straight roads.

2, never drive through red lights

3, when slowing down to stop at red lights check your mirror to make sure cars and bikes behind you are not expecting you to drive through the red light, this will avoid a rear collision..

4, always be aware bikes and cars sometimes drive the wrong way!!

5, if you have to drive the wrong way, in my opinion it is necessary some times, do so at a dead slow speed keeping as far right as possible, keep your eyes constantly on oncoming traffic!!

6, after many many flat tyres I have now changed the rear tire on my Suzuki Skydrive from 80/90/14 to a new bigger size of 90/90/14 what a huge difference and no flat tires, in my opinion the standard tires on the small motor bikes here are not suitable for us bigger westerners.

7, Never overtake a fast moving vehicle on the inside, if it is a very slow moving vehicle and you can see the road is clear on the n/s then you can overtake on the inside at a reduced speed.

8, Never get involved with any one on the roads, just smile, wave and carry on driving, having your ego dented is better than your body being dented!!!

9, be considerate to others, it costs nothing to be polite.

10, always wear a crash helmet (yes most here are not much good but something is better than nothing!!

11, why would you as a parent wear a crash helmet but let your children ride without one...

12, wearing the correct clothing is important but not all of us do including me, if I owned a big bike where the speeds are higher I would invest in good quality protection.

13, all the above has kept me safe for over 30,000kms and I have never had a problem with any one on the roads, it is a pleasure to drive my bike every day…

14, always drive at least 2 car lengths distance from the vehicle in front, not doing this will eventually end in their being an accident!!

15, Buy a car it is safer but not as enjoyable...

Keep safe…

Feel free to add any more tips, helping others to stay safe is being considerate...

Edited by kenny999

I would say mods are being kind not sending this post to the bikes forum.:lol: :lol: :lol:

1. I ride 100 kph everywhere as soon as I can.

2. <deleted> the lights, chicken run is great fun.

3. n/a.

4. So what so do I.

5. Nop, fast as possible everywhere.

6. 10mm makes shit all difference.

7. Blast up the inside anytime man.

8. Why would you get involved with anyone you should be going fast enough not to notice anything.

9. Bullocks.

10. Ditto.

11. Because you can always knock another sprog out.

12. Don't be ridiculas it's too hot.

13. You don't go much anywhere then.:lol:

14, On a motorbike, why are you behind anyone.

15. Defeatism at it's worst, you coward.

Get some proper training and don't take any notice of inexperianced bike riders posts.

Edited by metisdead
Expletive deleted.

No amount of advice can help first time (ever) riders in LOS. They have to suck it and see. If they go home in one piece, well and good.

Even a seasoned veteran such as myself (48 years riding) has close calls everyday.

I would say mods are being kind not sending this post to the bikes forum.:lol: :lol: :lol:

3. n/a.

4. So what so do I.

8. Why would you get involved with anyone you should be going fast enough not to notice anything.

9. Bullocks.

10. Ditto.

Get some proper training and don't take any notice of inexperianced bike riders posts.

An amazing irresponsible reply to a subject that affects every one on Thai roads, yet another person hiding behind his computer trying to come across as the big I am!!! you are obviously not a father other wise you would not joke about the possibility of losing a child in my tip number 11, very sad mate!!!

No amount of advice can help first time (ever) riders in LOS. They have to suck it and see. If they go home in one piece, well and good.

Even a seasoned veteran such as myself (48 years riding) has close calls everyday.

Sorry I don't agree advice certainly does and will help others, a lot of people here are just sheep and follow what others do, if you see some one speed through a red light others will follow, keeping your self safe should be more important than going as fast as you can and being inconsiderate...

The emergency services here are poor and this should be one factor as to why every one should do every thing possible to stay safe, still up to the individual!!

Edited by kenny999

3. n/a.

4. So what so do I.

9. Bullocks.

10. Ditto.

Any decent person who reads this thread then reads your reply will hopefully tell you how foolish and irresponsible you are!!

I think I have been ridings bikes a lot longer than you!!

5, if you have to drive the wrong way, in my opinion it is necessary some times, do so at a dead slow speed keeping as far right as possible, keep your eyes constantly on oncoming traffic!!

I'm sorry but try as I have I still cannot come up with a genuine reason for driving on the wrong side apart from being a lazy bast%rd huh.gif

3. n/a.

4. So what so do I.

9. Bullocks.

10. Ditto.

Any decent person who reads this thread then reads your reply will hopefully tell you how foolish and irresponsible you are!!

Feel free to add any more tips, helping others to stay safe is being considerate...

A sense of humour would go a long way and don't take other peoples comments so seriously, who the hell do you think we are children. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suzuki Skydrive from 80/90/14 to a new bigger size of 90/90/14 you might call it a bike but it's a scooter.

I bet I have been riding motorbikes longer than you.:D

3. n/a.

4. So what so do I.

9. Bullocks.

10. Ditto.

A sense of humour would go a long way and don't take other peoples comments so seriously, who the hell do you think we are children. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suzuki Skydrive from 80/90/14 to a new bigger size of 90/90/14 you might call it a bike but it's a scooter.

No I bet I have been riding MOTORBIKES longer than you, now don't sulk!!! and yes you are a child if you think any one would find your comments funny, but of course their are some very funny people on these forums lol

1.Kevlar Socks, and a Picture of Kenny The Pain..:cheesy: .....No fun some people, i enjoyed beating Prefects up at School. 2 . A Bit of Road Rage now n then brightens ones day.

Yes I can imagine wandrinster the bully!! :cheesy:

As usual a perfectly good thread being ruined by donuts!!!

Edited by kenny999

I'm sorry but try as I have I still cannot come up with a genuine reason for driving on the wrong side apart from being a lazy bast%rd huh.gif

Well that is hardly surprising considering your name suggests you have not got much in the brain department lol lets help you out, you pull out of a store which is 50 mtrs away from the only place for you too go back the way you came, the next place to turn round is 5 kms away, what do you do??????

You automatically appear to be a Bully when surrounded by Wimps, and Scooter Riders. Well, i must go, its time for some Drinking n Driving, Fag Smokein, Speedin and all things that annoy pedantic farts..:D

What does pedantic mean??? Iol I can use google so don't trouble your self lol enjoy your simple pleasures ha ha you are proud to be a bully mmmmm

Looked up the meaning so cheers mate, have a good day smoking your cancer sticks, drunk whilst driving, speeding, maybe I will see you on a certain slab soon lol

Edited by kenny999

3. n/a.

4. So what so do I.

9. Bullocks.

10. Ditto.

I bet I have been riding motorbikes longer than you

And I bet my dad is stronger than yours. LOL

Point number 8 is very good: - Be humble - it doesn't matter if you can say - but it was his fault when you are already in a wheelchair for the rest of your life

Some of the other points are disputable

Number 1 and 14

Speed you must adjust according to circumstances, sometimes 40 kmh is too fast, sometimes 80 kmh is too slow. Important to understand that slow is sometimes not safe. The flow of the traffic is is under some circumstances dictating what speed is safest to keep

2 car lengths? No. Depends totally on speed. The 3 second rule is good for dry weather conditions, not enough in the wet though

I agree with number 5 and 6 - I wouldn't call it necessary to drive on the wrong side of the road but if on a motorcycle, and if max attention is kept on not troubling and endangering others first of all and your own safety second, then why not. I do that

Flat tires - a bit fatter is good, 35psi+ necessary. Narrow tires tend to need more pressure than what big westerners after looking in the manual put in...

By the way, Kwasakis joke was funny

By the way 2: It is easy to drive safely in Thailand -> In an un-disciplined way, Thais try to avoid accidents. At least that is better than some westerners who thinks - I'm going to follow the law and never mind if that is more dangerous. Now, that is stupid, especially with children in the car :o

Point number 8 is very good: - Be humble - it doesn't matter if you can say - but it was his fault when you are already in a wheelchair for the rest of your life

Some of the other points are disputable

Number 1 and 14

Speed you must adjust according to circumstances, sometimes 40 kmh is too fast, sometimes 80 kmh is too slow. Important to understand that slow is sometimes not safe. The flow of the traffic is is under some circumstances dictating what speed is safest to keep

2 car lengths? No. Depends totally on speed. The 3 second rule is good for dry weather conditions, not enough in the wet though

I agree with number 5 and 6 - I wouldn't call it necessary to drive on the wrong side of the road but if on a motorcycle, and if max attention is kept on not troubling and endangering others first of all and your own safety second, then why not. I do that

Flat tires - a bit fatter is good, 35psi+ necessary. Narrow tires tend to need more pressure than what big westerners after looking in the manual put in...

By the way, Kwasakis joke was funny

By the way 2: It is easy to drive safely in Thailand -> In an un-disciplined way, Thais try to avoid accidents. At least that is better than some westerners who thinks - I'm going to follow the law and never mind if that is more dangerous. Now, that is stupid, especially with children in the car :o

I also think Kwasakis is a very funny man until he is involved in an accident I wonder if he will be so funny then? I agree with the points you make!!

I think it's better to ride a little faster than the flow of traffic.

Controlling and eliminating dangers & hazards as you go along.

Always try to keep space around you.

And give all scooters a solid "beep" to get them out of your way!

Hmmm, did you perhaps forget to think there? This is a post commenting on how to keep safe on your motorcycle

So, you are on a motorcycle and you think that it is safe to give all scooters a solid beep to keep them out of your way

That sounds utterly stupid and not safe at all to me. Care to elaborate on safe in which way and for who?

Hmmm, did you perhaps forget to think there? This is a post commenting on how to keep safe on your motorcycle

So, you are on a motorcycle and you think that it is safe to give all scooters a solid beep to keep them out of your way

That sounds utterly stupid and not safe at all to me. Care to elaborate on safe in which way and for who?

Most are poorly maintained and most are ridden without proper training.

Therefore they are a menace to other road users. Most wander over to other lanes without looking. Most turn without indication. Most as simply put are a hazard.

Thus a solid "beep"to let them know you are there. They move over and usually flash you a smile as you pass by.

The good ones do stay out of the way as they are not impeding others.

Therefore they are a menace to other road users. Most wander over to other lanes without looking. Most turn without indication. Most as simply put are a hazard.

Thus a solid "beep"to let them know you are there. They move over and usually flash you a smile as you pass by.

You forgot to answer who you consider your action safe for...

I wonder why?

I wish Bayer would make a spray to kill Mopeds, Most Motorcyclists are Zombies, with a grudge against the world.:annoyed: .Why they bring their posts here i dont know. They go to Race Circuits here and boast about falling off. Strange Hobby.:D

Who is Bayer? a zombie could not drive a motorcycle!! posts are here because it is a motor forum as in it has got a motor!! who goes to race circuits!! never heard any one boast about falling off!! many hobbies are considered strange maybe you have one to share... :blink:

I wonder why?

Creating a "beep" would make others aware of you.

Going silent can work. But it's good to remind some, there are other users on the road.

It keeps primarily I and secondly others safer to a degree.

Ah so it is only scooters that are poorly maintained and ridden without proper training, all big bikes I take it are perfect with perfect riders? my 125cc is perfectly maintained and driven by someone who has 40 yrs experience on very big and small bikes..

<quote name='Travelmate' timestamp='1317015725' post='4722904'>

</quote>

I wonder why?

Creating a "beep" would make others aware of you.

Going silent can work. But it's good to remind some, there are other users on the road.

It keeps primarily I and secondly others safer to a degree.

No, it keeps you safer and others who half the time has done absolutely nothing unsafe except being in your vicinity less safe

I suppose the first part was the intention, care to consider the second part?