Work Permit With O Visa

Sunbelt,

Thank you for your earlier reply:

"In general, a company must show, in their accounts, either gross revenue or net profit equivalent to and not less than the the foreign employees salary to obtain an extension of non-b visa. However, while it is not law, Labor Officers may also require that the company achieve a profit in order to renew a work permit.

If the company is active but not making a profit the officer may give a 6 month profit with a check on profitability at the 6 month mark or they may go ahead and give the one year work permit.

Again, it is all up to the officer's discretion"

I was unable to continue posting in the thread so I started a new one.

I do not need to extend my visa through my work as I am married to a Thai woman and have an O visa.

1) So does your above information change at all if a visa extension is not needed - only a work permit extension?

2) Can the VAT account of a company that sponsors the visa be closed after 3 years? (Assuming the company income is below 1.8 million baht.)

Hi

As said earlier,

"However, while it is not law, Labor Officers may also require that the company achieve a profit in order to renew a work permit.

If the company is active but not making a profit the officer may give a 6 month profit with a check on profitability at the 6 month mark or they may go ahead and give the one year work permit.

Again, it is all up to the officer's discretion"

This statement refers to renewal of work permits and dealing with Labor Department officials, not extension of non-B visas and Immigration.

Our experience in Bangkok has generally been that this is the case, that profitability is required for renewal. We have also had Labor Officials require VAT for work permit renewal. Other provincial Labor Offices may vary, and indeed other officers may vary in the same office. As said, it is at the officer's discretion.