True Move Not Renewing Asn Contract?

TenDreams

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I can't believe it we have four other sports channels that show basically only show soccer. ASN was the only channel that allowed us to watch North American sports. I sent a complaint to True and i got back the following reply.

Can everyone spread the word and ask their friends to complain (threaten to cancel their True account) and see if we can get them to leave ASN on the air.

Below is the email I got back from True.

Dear Sir

The purpose of this email is to inform you that from 1 October 2011 TrueVisions would stop broadcasting All Sports Network (ASN) Program on channel 110 because of the contract termination. This is for your information and Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We also look forward to doing business with ASN again in the future.

Should you have any further inquiry, suggestion, or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 between 8:00 am - 22:00 pm or [email protected] between 9:00 am -18:00 pm

Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Wichian Chompoonog

Correspondence Support

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

เปิดชีวิตมุมมองใหม่ เปิด ทรูวิชั่นส์

True Visions Public Company Limited

118/1 Tipco Tower, Rama VI Road,

Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400

www.truevisionstv.com

Sorry for you chaps, but what about all of us poor Brits, Aussies, New Zealanders and others who pay these extortionate TrueMove charges yet have no opportunity to watch any cricket?

So rugby and socce.... erm... excuse me, football almost 24/7 aren't enough you have to have cricket too?

This change will basically eliminate ALL US sports. Yep for me getting out at just the right time.

Edited by WarpSpeed

:realangry: So, now we get soccer, soccer, soccer, when that is done we can watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and after you have had enough soccer, you can then watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and then just a little more soccer.

I am sure I have not missed anything, especially soccer, this is SO bad because I hate soccer. :angry::annoyed::realangry::annoyed:

I would suggest that each and every one of you email with a controlled condemnation of what True is up to. You have no idea how many of you there are but continue your posts on TV and send an email every day to True. What do you have to lose? Tell them how disgusted you are that they have no consideration of their customers. Maybe send two or three emails a day. The more the better. What else can you do? Have fun in expressing your view.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

For all it's worth, I've fired off an email as well.

No cricket, or Australian Rules Football. I don't

mind watching a bit of the Premier League but

UFC was something to look forward to.

I have a seperate dish for AFL by Australian Network

and even this looks like being axed after the grand final.

Not a happy chappy.

This may be better moved to the sports forum.

Regards

Will

Well I can't pretend to know why they are not renewing the contract….I can only guess, money!

With no real rivals and a lust to maximize their profits, the viewer is nothing more than an in-convince.

I remember when they took off BBCE, in my opinion, one of the best channels they had, why did that go? Maybe the trial period was over, from the BBC.

True vision remind me of an employment agent I worked for a long time ago, they got so wrapped up in profit, they forgot who was making them there money…….There workers, and actually resented paying out the wages each month.

I'm not into televised sports myself, so this does not affect me directly; however….What will be next for the chop, with no reduction in subscription. Roll on a viable alternative.

Hello Astro, bye crappy True.

I got ASTRO nearly two years ago now and have to say have never regretted ditching TRUE.

ASTRO has all the BPL games, fantastic cycling coverage through Eurosport, wonderful live Rugby world cup games, cricket, American football and Baseball. Gasp! I want for nothing!!!

If you are within the signal footprint it really is worth changing over.

:realangry: So, now we get soccer, soccer, soccer, when that is done we can watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and after you have had enough soccer, you can then watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and then just a little more soccer.

I am sure I have not missed anything, especially soccer, this is SO bad because I hate soccer. :angry::annoyed::realangry::annoyed:

You should try watching some football instead then, they have pretty good coverage of the English Premier League every week.

It's much better than that Major League Soccer.

THere goes my platinum package. ASN was why I upgraded.

And we were going to as well but doing away with our dish and instead getting their land line to avoid storm blackouts but in spite of being right in Bangkok proper they claim not to have enough customers in our area to install cable land lines. The obvious response to that is you don't have land lines in our area so how can you garner any customer base? They want customers before they install the cables :huh: ?? Look out the window though the dishes are all down the street so it seems that if they installed the cables and promoted it a bit like maybe with a mail flyer or door flyer the customer issue would change in a hurry but it's just easier to say they don't have any customers... <deleted> :blink:

I got ASTRO nearly two years ago now and have to say have never regretted ditching TRUE.

ASTRO has all the BPL games, fantastic cycling coverage through Eurosport, wonderful live Rugby world cup games, cricket, American football and Baseball. Gasp! I want for nothing!!!

I thought these alternatives were being done away with? What is involved cost wise for this?

I found a very good way to resolve the problem. I dont have cable at home. I bought the best internet TrueMove have and I watch all my channels and sports directly from the internet. I can watch Football, Soccer, Ice Hockey... name them all, I have them!

That's free is it?

I found a very good way to resolve the problem. I dont have cable at home. I bought the best internet TrueMove have and I watch all my channels and sports directly from the internet. I can watch Football, Soccer, Ice Hockey... name them all, I have them!

That's free is it?

Yes it is free. Type atdhenet.tv on google.

I thought these alternatives were being done away with? What is involved cost wise for this?

Jsat are a supplier of ASTRO and will give you an idea of the costs involved. Outside of bkk it is possible to find cheaper suppliers.

^^ Thanks for the link but I can't get anything to run all I get is a black screen on most and on the ones that have some info I click the links and it keeps bringing me back to my original location?..

Am I doing something wrong? BTW tried ABC Disney and Fox channels..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Jsat are a supplier of ASTRO and will give you an idea of the costs involved. Outside of bkk it is possible to find cheaper suppliers.

Ok but I thought Jsat was unable to provide ASTRO anymore? Would this have to be a pirate account?

and ustvnow

USTVNow is a U.S. based service that offers free and paid monthly plans for accessing U.S. network TV content, both sports and general programming...

For free, once you register online with them, you get live streaming access to the half dozen major over-the-air U.S. TV networks, with the feed coming from the U.S. East Coast. So their primetime hours are morning time here. That content is delivered from their web site via Flash streaming video. And their free plan really is free, with no catches or scams.

Then for paid monthly plans, they offer a broader channel selection, with several variations that include the cable network type channels, including ESPN and various others.... Those are delivered via a Slingbox setup. Some of their plans also include some kind of DVR setup as well, I believe.

The service is intended for U.S. citizens, whether living in the U.S. or abroad. But if you read other threads here about that, you'll find it also is accessible via a broader audience for those who are interested.

In reply to warpspeed.

According to the jsat wesite they still supply astro and put you in touch with a supplier of legit cards.

This is what I did when I bought my system from a dealer in Nakhon Pathom. They installedall the equipment and got the card from a contact in bkk. The card is paid for and not pirated.

Edited by apetley