Chrome Freezing Issue

sbk

I suspect its java related but have no idea how to resolve it. When I click on a button that submits a reasonable amount of data (ie; posting here, something that submits changes) chrome freezes, little spinning thing comes up, cannot switch tabs, cannot do anything until its submitted the data and its been accepted.

It doesn't do this with firefox, but firefox itself was slow and slowed up my machine up I thought I'd switch to Chrome, but this freezing issue is making it so difficult I may just go back to FF.

Any suggestions?

Have spinner but no lock and can change tabs when bottom left indicates sending data/contacting/waiting and such. If suspect Java perhaps download and install would fix. I have not had the problem and been using Chrome for about a year now. Current version is 14.0.835.186

If you want to speed up firefox go to www. majorgeeks and download speedyfox this works a treat it is a good site for advice etc.

Reinstaling chrome from filehippo as has been suggested is also good advice Make sure you have restore point before you download anything

I put Adobe update in the search engine and chose to update all Adobe applications. It was a little convoluted because after the first update download it told me I had to update another application before that one could be installed.

I tried to follow their somewhat confusing instructions and apparently eventually did it right because I have had no crashes or freeze up problems since.

I am using Chrome 14.0.835.186 m

Sure enough - after saying no problem I try other sites and find I do have a problem which is likely the same - loading wheel just spinning when trying to download transactions on USAA banking site. Fired up IE and no problem so seems to be Chrome specific but am sure it was working a week or two ago.

Egg on face. :(

Come to think about it I know this function was working on the 23rd of September so problem is very recent.

How's your RAM, op? Chrome seems to be a bit of a resource hog at times, which ain't much fun on a light machine.

3GB and I didn't used to have this problem with Chrome in the past, although I confess I didn't use it regularly.

Its the sites handling that is the problem, Chrome albeit the lesser of all evils, hits a glitch when the site has a problem, right click then inspect element to find what's the problem. And do not download from filehippo, etc.. get all downloads from source, unless you want their superTweakedFast editions from me and me Nigerian uncle.

Edited by justsumhelp

Just adding my experience:

I have found the best results with my Windows 7 64 bit and Mozilla fired browsers to be their Nightly. Nightly now has flashplayer to work with it and it seemed to work with everything I have tried. However, it is still not as fast as IE9 on my Windows 7 64 bit.

I use Logitech trackball interface devices and the wheel, buttons, and trackball all work with every browser I have tried.

MSPain