Having A Katoey Gf, How Thai People Will React?

AlexLah

If I had a katoey gf, I'm sure the Thai people will still react with that "ley ley ley ley" interjection they respond with. Then their next question will be, "Is she beautiful?"

I'm still not gay. However, I was with one that had no thingie. I was disappointed.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't that depend on whether your "friend" was a man or a woman, and whether the individual he/she had sex with was a transgendered man or woman?

Again, a bit too much concern about labels. Do you feel gay? Do you want to be accepted as gay by your friends and family? Yes? Then you're gay. No? Then you're not.

Labels should be self-applied, and if you're not comfortable with a particular label (even if you're DOING things that would cause other people to give you that label), then it should be YOUR choice to stick with a label that makes you comfortable.

In other words, who or what a person is having sex with is irrelevent to whether or not they are "gay" or "straight". It's how they FEEL about those labels that matter.

If someone is having "gay sex", but insists that they are straight, then that's THEIR BUSINESS. And if someone is having a "straight relationship", when they secretly desire a gay one, again, it's THEIR BUSINESS. Who really cares if they've "mislabelled" themselves, and since when is it other people's business to go around rudely bursting the little self-delusions that give people comfort.

Personally, I think there is way to much emphasis in modern culture on pigeon-holing everyone into their proper category. It's like we've all been seized by some weird Kantian need to order the world according to our own apriori notions of the way the world SHOULD be, rather than accepting it as it is (or as it is presented to us by others).

The polarization of modern thought may be a reaction to moral Relativism, but it still doesn't make it right. Just because the notion that there is no real "good" or "evil" is repugnant to most people, doesn't mean that the inverse is true either. Relativism may be wrong, but so is polarizing everything into opposing camps of black/white, liberal/conservative, gay/straight, left/right, male/female, etc....

So if a transgender person wants to be referred to as "she", what's the big deal? Likewise if someone who's dating a transgendered person wants to be referred to as "straight", again, what's the big deal?

I think it's high time modern society relearn the "out-dated" concepts of manners and polite, courteous behavior.

I can't recall the name of the movie, but I vaguely recall a movie which had a plotline in which one of the characters was delusional or something, and they had or believed they had special powers/abilities. Near the climax of the movie when everyone else was depending on this person's special powers to save the day, another character said something to the effect of "You can't really do that! You're just crazy!"

That character in that movie looked and acted like a total prick. And you felt like saying "What a jerk! Why'd he have to go and burst that guy's bubble like that?"

Sorry I can't be more specific with the reference, but I just can't recall the name of that movie right now. Anyway, the point is that forcing labels on to people that they don't want is just plain rude. Let them define themselves and their own lives, and as long as they aren't hurting anyone, accept them as they WANT to be seen, rather than what YOU think they SHOULD be.