Thaivisa.com To Launch National Sms Gateway

george

Thaivisa.com to launch national SMS Gateway applications

BANGKOK: -- Thaivisa.com has signed up for a national SMS Gateway to Thailand's major GSM providers, AIS, DTAC and Orange.

The deal makes it possible for the website to offer its members extra value services such as Breaking News alerts, SMS messaging, download of ringtones, games, music downloads, MMS messaging, interactive applications, premium mobile services etc.

The new gateway will be launched on December 1, 2005.

Thaivisa.com has 25,000 expatriate forum members and over 38,000 opt-in news subscribers, the biggest expat community in Asia.

More details to be announced soon.

--thaivisa.com 2005-11-08

THAIVISA.COM SMS Gateway goes BETA

We are launching a BETA test of our new SMS gateway shortly, and we need around 100 forum members as BETA testers!

As a beta tester you will be able to send free SMS within Thailand and international.

We will soon announce how to participate in the BETA test.

The deal makes it possible for the website to offer its members extra value services such as Breaking News Alerts, SMS messaging, download of ringtones, games, music downloads, MMS messaging, interactive applications, premium mobile services etc.

is ther any link ( english ) to explain exactly what we would be letting ourselves in for ? - the above is sad salesdroid marketing speak explaining very little.

the reason I ask is having recently been in malaysia using a pre-paid sim for a couple of months - I was constantly bombarded with sms offers which ended up being quite irritating.

The deal makes it possible for the website to offer its members extra value services such as Breaking News alerts, SMS messaging, download of ringtones, games, music downloads, MMS messaging, interactive applications, premium mobile services etc.

is ther any link ( english ) to explain exactly what we would be letting ourselves in for ? - the above is sad salesdroid marketing speak explaining very little.

the reason I ask is having recently been in malaysia using a pre-paid sim for a couple of months - I was constantly bombarded with sms offers which ended up being quite irritating.

I agree that SMS spam is very annoying!

Don't worry, marketing of our mobile services will be done via Thaivisa.com website and related services, and NOT as via SMS spam. We will also amend our privacy policy to cover this, the current privacy policy is located here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/374.0.html

Please stay tuned, and welcome to sign up for the BETA soon!

Cheers

I am assuming it is only those based within Thailand that will be able to sign up for the beta service? I am also assuming you will be able to send messages via the Tv board?.

It will be be two or three diffrent BETA programmes, as it will be both free and paid services.

All members, regardless of location, will be able to join the first BETA programme, to send free SMS worldwide. That's the reason we are doing a beta test, to ensure that it works from every corner of the world. We will limit the beta testers to 100 members or so, atbleat in the first phase.

Members with Thailand SIM cards (AIS, One-2-Call, DTAC, Hppay-Dprompt, Orange) will be able to get our next BETA products for free, premium content.

I am not able to give further details at the moment, I simply don't know the tech details yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I am assuming it is only those based within Thailand that will be able to sign up for the beta service? I am also assuming you will be able to send messages via the Tv board?.

It will be be two or three diffrent BETA programmes, as it will be both free and paid services.

All members, regardless of location, will be able to join the first BETA programme, to send free SMS worldwide. That's the reason we are doing a beta test, to ensure that it works from every corner of the world. We will limit the beta testers to 100 members or so, atbleat in the first phase.

Members with Thailand SIM cards (AIS, One-2-Call, DTAC, Hppay-Dprompt, Orange) will be able to get our next BETA products for free, premium content.

I am not able to give further details at the moment, I simply don't know the tech details yet.

Hi George. I never received a message with a PIN number? What do I do now?