Can I Get Ice At The Airport?

QuestionMark

Hi,

My girlfriend brings with her medication that needs to be cooled, and the cooling packs we will bring will be not so cool anymore after our long flight.

Can we get ice after our arrival at the airport so that we can keep her meds cooled until we reach the hotel?

Like a plastic bag full of ice would be enough, the meds just have to be stored below 25°C at all times and we do have an isolating bag with us.

Thanks for any help!

thanks for the responses!

@mario: thank you for your concern, we do have a certificate from her doctors which says she can fly/travel, that one was neccessary for her travel insurance too and also a "patient pass"

confirming she needs to carry and bring her meds with her - was a bit of a hassle with Emirates because at first they told us it would definitely be no problem to bring them on board,

after our booking then it was deemed impossible but after a series of calls and emails we now have the confirmation black on white and attached to her ticket in their system,

here is hoping there won't be any new complications when boarding..

:whistling:

There are two 7-11 stores in the airport. That store chain sells bags of ice (pastic bags) which should be enough for your purpose. However, I'm not sure if they actually sell ice in bags in the airport or not. I been in one of the 7-11 stores there, but I just wasn't looking for ice at the time.

As someone else mentioned most highway service stations also sell plastic bags of uce (for those who have a cooler in the rear of their car for "cold beverage storage"). Just make sure your taxi driver knows you want to stop at the hearest one. A small tip for the driver would probably make him quite happy to make that stop.

But I would suggest you contact Emirates before you fly and specifically request that if possible you be allowed to get a small bag of ice before you leave the flight on arrival. Explain what you need and why. That is the kind of request the airlines public relations people should love...because a happy passemger is a potential repeat passenger...and they will have kilos of ice on the flight anyhow for cold drinks for passengers.

:whistling:

If all else fails -

Go down to the bus and taxi level. Exit the terminal at the door by Magic Restaurant and turn left. A few metres on you will find a Faimily Mart and they are sure to have plastic bags of ice in an ice chest.

Good luck

I often get crushed ice from the Starbucks coffee place on the mezzanine floor where all the other food outlets are...they will give you a large coffee container for free, looks to be about a liter...then to mix with the duty free vodka and juice from 7-11 on the same floor for the 2hr taxi ride up to Suphanburi...should do for medication contained in a small water tight package...