Interior Reshuffle Waiting On Thaksin

webfact

The shortlist, which contains the personal recommendations of Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit, has been submitted to the fugitive prime minister, who is now based in Hong Kong, the source said.

Surely is it not about time that this current administration was dissolved as it is clearly being dominated by a renegade fugitive from justice who has his own agenda of absolute power at any cost.

Kim -Jong- il move over Thaksin is coming to a place near you soon!!!

No one in particular but the anti Thaksin brigade make me wet patch my pants. If a fugitive convicted criminal can do so much what will happen when he becomes a pardoned ex pm. You boys will be needing new keyboards to cope with the anti Thaksin script you have to type everyday

"No one in particular but the anti Thaksin brigade make me wet patch my pants".

Horny or incontinent?blink.gif

No one in particular but the anti Thaksin brigade make me wet patch my pants. If a fugitive convicted criminal can do so much what will happen when he becomes a pardoned ex pm. You boys will be needing new keyboards to cope with the anti Thaksin script you have to type everyday

Prasong has just stated he sees no circumstances under which Thaksin returns and talked the c word. Clearly at least the authoritarian side of the anti-Thaksinista alliance is going to oppose any deal. Now it remains to be seen whether they can keep their more liberal allies on the increasingly anti-democratic, authoritarian and risk filled train. This could be very nasty, see a game changing split or just sabre rattling.

... anti-democratic, authoritarian and risk filled train of measures not aimed at helping the Thai population, but only a single person named Thaksin. This could indeed get nasty.

Unidentified sources. Anonymous sources, etc. are so easy to "quote and/or fabricate".

A serious newspaper will substantiate a claim with factual data.

You should tell that to Bob Woodard and Carl Bernstein at the Washington Post.

Bob Woodard and Carl Bernstein won a Pulitzer Prize for their work on the Watergate Scandal. The OP doesn't even name a reporter and a mystery "ministry source" is hardly a "Deep Throat". This sentence will probably be the only time that the Washington Post and The Nation (Thailand) appear together, such is the gulf in quality.

Bad, bad example.

One TV member used the "almost draconian rule" that limits the press to justify the rumor, gossip nature of the OP that suggests the PM is awaiting orders from Mr. Thaksin.

Where is the source? What's the name of the source? Recordings, video, etc.? Not only the OP is gossip-like and speculative but also can be grounds to bring a defamation lawsuit against The Nation by the current PM.

The more the reason to refrain from publishing pieces of Gonzo journalism.

The Gray Lady in NY lost a lot of credibility (and readership) with pieces similar to this one. News of the World used the same tactics plus illegal subterfuges that lead to its demise .

Facts have to be the basis for the highest level of journalism, not rumor, gossip or baseless accusations.

If the OCD anti-Thaksinita populace is happy, then The Naion accomplished its objective. But a wider spectrum of readership will migrate and may be forever lost as in the two aforementioned examples.

The OCD populace will brand anyone who is not in full agreement with their perception of the truth as a "must be" pro Thaksin.

Nothing will stop them from labeling, insulting, treating condescendingly diverging points of view. Not very democratic or pro freedom of speech.

Oh! I forgot: they own the truth!

I guess you are just arguing for arguments sake. Oh btw Hitler just moved into Austria,,,,oh well they are all Germans after all, oh Hitler just marched into Chechoslovakia....oh well he is just going sighseeing....

Unidentified sources. Anonymous sources, etc. are so easy to "quote and/or fabricate".

A serious newspaper will substantiate a claim with factual data.

You should tell that to Bob Woodard and Carl Bernstein at the Washington Post.

whybother

You used the same argument to discredit a report in the unmentionable paper.....

"It's interesting how it mentions the Democrats' use of ISOC - "Democrats reportedly exploited" and "It was reported that [the economic solution project] was actually aimed at convincing people... not to support the Pheu Thai Party"

The shortlist, which contains the personal recommendations of Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit, has been submitted to the fugitive prime minister, who is now based in Hong Kong, the source said.

Surely is it not about time that this current administration was dissolved as it is clearly being dominated by a renegade fugitive from justice who has his own agenda of absolute power at any cost.

Kim -Jong- il move over Thaksin is coming to a place near you soon!!!

Prasong has just stated he sees no circumstances under which Thaksin returns and talked the c word. Clearly at least the authoritarian side of the anti-Thaksinista alliance is going to oppose any deal. Now it remains to be seen whether they can keep their more liberal allies on the increasingly anti-democratic, authoritarian and risk filled train. This could be very nasty, see a game changing split or just sabre rattling.

Well Mr T is very busy. He went to Japan to secure the Loans for his upcoming tie-up with CNOOC to drill ofshore Cambodia near the disputed waters between Thailand and Cambodia. He also sent her sister the Prime Minister to other countries where his Satellite business has deals.

The only problem is the Thai Navy ......

whybother

You used the same argument to discredit a report in the unmentionable paper.....

"It's interesting how it mentions the Democrats' use of ISOC - "Democrats reportedly exploited" and "It was reported that [the economic solution project] was actually aimed at convincing people... not to support the Pheu Thai Party"

Different argument.

Where was it ''reported"? Certainly, you can't take a "source" as fact, but ''reported" is taking it one step further than the "source".

I hope they hurry up and just get on with bringing Thaskin back so we can get this inevitable next coup over with. Hopefully before my next trip in Dec. These dam_n coups are such an inconvenience to my vacations.whistling.gif

Edited by ES1

whybother

Different argument.

Where was it ''reported"? Certainly, you can't take a "source" as fact, but ''reported" is taking it one step further than the "source".

I disagree. As long as it remains unclear who made the "report" it is no more credible than an anonymous source (except perhaps to those whose views it lends support).

Think it now better they allow Thaksin back and let him get on with the job and stop this incessant yapping whoch is causing instability. Getting boring so let's accept the situation When he was PM there was more stability and less conflict.

Often on Thai Visa the "stock in trade answer" to lots of questions is:

"Well it's the same in every other Country in the World"...............

Does anyone know of another Country in the world that is being run by an Ex PM that is no longer in Residence in the Country,?????

and has not been for 5 years.

Edited by MAJIC

Does anyone know of another Country in the world that is being run by an Ex PM that is no longer in Residence in the Country,?????

Surely he spent several months here in 2008, when his own PPP were in-power & his brother-in-law was PM for a while, and he was found guilty in court ? B)

Surely he spent several months here in 2008, when his own PPP were in-power & his brother-in-law was PM for a while, and he was found guilty in court ? B)

That was more like passing through before he did a runner to escape Justice.

That was more like passing through before he did a runner to escape Justice.

Good point ! :jap:

An empty post (a post in which a member posts a quoted post but does not add any text) has been removed. A subsequent post replying to the empty post has been removed as well as the reply is no relevant. Reconsider this method and make your reply when you post the quoted post.

An inflammatory post has also been removed.