Ok, Who'S The Pervert?

Tywais

Not long after my arrival in Chiangmai I thought it would be interesting to take a couple of photos inside a Big C and send them to my kids in the States to show them I could get most of what I need here to live. After the first two or three photos a security guard kindly informed me that I couldn't take photos in the store. So this must be a long standing policy for some large chain stores here.

Just in English Tywais, or both languages?

I usually tune out any Thai announcements at supermarkets as so much background noise but the English was flawless and caught my attention.

//edit - maybe Google Street View has been showing too much. :D

So this must be a long standing policy for some large chain stores here.

They might be worried that the US and UK will become aware of 'Miracle Whip' and 'Heinz Salad Cream'. huh.gif

Perhaps an upcoming lawsuit for selling Marmite. ;)

I'm glad you said Marmite, anyone selling Vegemite should be sued! biggrin.gif

Not long after my arrival in Chiangmai I thought it would be interesting to take a couple of photos inside a Big C and send them to my kids in the States to show them I could get most of what I need here to live. After the first two or three photos a security guard kindly informed me that I couldn't take photos in the store. So this must be a long standing policy for some large chain stores here.

The same thing happened to me at the MBK shopping mall in Bangkok. I wasn't on the floor where they sell all the pirated CDs and DVDs but I thought that it was because of the pirates nonetheless.

Cameras can now be the size of pinheads so you could film the whole store / every item all day and they would not know so i think the annoucement is pretty futile but TIT,i suppose busting a few holidaying falangs makes security feel their uniforms are worthwile :clap2: .

There are signs outide a lot of resturaunts and shopping centres saying no camera. I think it is because people do not want to be photographed with their mia noi. In the west they do the same but say it is to prevent robberies.

I believe harry has the correct answer. Of course vendors at street markets don't want their handcrafted goods copied but in malls and restaurants it's for another reason.

Check out apples device which can jam all photos being taken at any music gigs. Literally any camera, any phone.

If its illegal to take photos how can anyone be caught doing anything illegal? Im telling you the NWO is coming

Check this clip

http://www.worldstar...64SAYpmeF1iuA5W

the clip in the link just shows some people in the US crying, what this 'camera jammer' you're talking about?

This NWO, would it be sensible of me to go and live on a mountain? How do I make sure that my tin-foil hat is working correctly? How much bear grease is enough to last through the apocalypse? Should I shoot all looters, or just those looking for food?

So many questions, so little time....sad.gif

Edited by bifftastic

Check out apples device which can jam all photos being taken at any music gigs. Literally any camera, any phone.

If its illegal to take photos how can anyone be caught doing anything illegal? Im telling you the NWO is coming

Check this clip

the clip in the link just shows some people in the US crying, what this 'camera jammer' you're talking about?

This NWO, would it be sensible of me to go and live on a mountain? How do I make sure that my tin-foil hat is working correctly? How much bear grease is enough to last through the apocalypse? Should I shoot all looters, or just those looking for food?

I just wrote a post replying but have wiped it as I really cant be bothered with you, carry on pal, make fun if that makes you feel better :-)

They have been doing this for decades and in places with no illegal goods. I was always told that they do not want rival companies copying their setup and displays.

Score one!! In my youth I worked for both Kmart and a major grocery chain and this was the reasoning behind their banning though at the time it was more work pad loggers with clip boards. The people who come into the store and try to covertly go through logging prices were quickly ushered to the parking lot..

It beats the hel_l out of me why anyone would want to take a photo in a supermarket,

"this is one of me in the vegetables aisle and this is the wife at the deli counter".

Still it takes all sorts, but I suppose it does deter the plankers.

Here is the answer. There might be a peopleofbigC.com site starting soon.

Check this clip

I just wrote a post replying but have wiped it as I really cant be bothered with you, carry on pal, make fun if that makes you feel better :-)

It does make me feel slightly better, yes.

Better than I usually feel when people start spouting garbage about some kind of New World Order where the 'evil' corporations are going to start controlling our minds. I suppose you've got all kinds of conspiracy theorist nonsense running around in your head and just can't wait for the day when the secret meeting of the 14 'real rulers of the world' up in the woods near some obscure Native American holy ground is finally made public.

All started off by a comment about cameras in supermarkets!

So yes, making light of your nefarious inferences does make me feel slightly less angry that people can actually fill their minds with such tripe when there are real issues in the world that deserve attention :)

So, are you going to provide a link for this Apple camera jammer? Or will we have to make do with 2 women crying at the police?

There are signs outide a lot of resturaunts and shopping centres saying no camera. I think it is because people do not want to be photographed with their mia noi. In the west they do the same but say it is to prevent robberies.

I believe harry has the correct answer. Of course vendors at street markets don't want their handcrafted goods copied but in malls and restaurants it's for another reason.

electrified, on a completely different subject, some months ago you asked on this forum where you could buy 2 inch wide tape for plaster board, no one had any idea where you could obtain it here in Thailand. I supplied you with a part roll I had brought over from Australia. Yesterday I saw it on sale in Global, small and large rolls and very cheap. I bought one small roll just 15 Baht.