Satellite Tv

Dave9000

• 2 weeks later...

Go back to true. Even with all the complaints and losing feeds, it's still the best game in town.

ANTI FARANG ATTITUDE And Bad Service!

forget True, they don't even write their bills in two languages...

the whole world speaks Thai attitude!

cheers,

Go back to true. Even with all the complaints and losing feeds, it's still the best game in town.

cheers,

I have received service with no attitude involved, in fact I would consider extra attention to my English speaking needs when I followed the correct path for service.

My statement comes in Thai and English so that I understand everything on the statement.

I have witnessed why don't you speak English attitudes, but never the whole world speaks Thai attitudes with regard to True/UBC.

Just my experience.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

I have to tell you about my delightful encounter with True Satellite tv. I waited 6 days for instalation in Pattaya, my Thai girlfriend talked with the booth that sold us the service (no money down but 2000 baht upon instalation). The True booth was in the local Tesco store and took a photocopy of my passport as was needed. They never advised me I would need a second photocopy.

The Wednesday morning they were supposed to do the instalation they did not arrive or that afternoon either. My girlfriend then had a commitment for them to arrive the next morning - they didn't show again. After 1100 am she was told 1:30 and they arrived at 3 pm. They installed and set up the dish and reciever in about 1 hour then called their boss and handed me the phone. He wanted 2000 baht cash which I was aware of and had no problem with that. - he also wanted a copy of my passport which they had taken 6 days earlier.

He then said he would not activate the signal until I brought the passport in again for them to photocopy! I said no I will drive into their Tesco booth tomorrow (not the downtown main office on Pattaya Klang) and they can photocopy it again. He said that wasn't acceptable so I told him to remove the equipment they spent about 2 hours with travel time and I would pay them nothing. He said he would activate the system after I paid then brought the passport in to be photocopied again??? The 2 installers waited 15 minutes for him to phone them back which he didn't. They ended up taking all the equipment and reciever back with them with no money and no 6 month minimum payments for the service.

You got to love Thai business ethics.

• Like 1

I have to tell you about my delightful encounter with True Satellite tv. I waited 6 days for instalation in Pattaya, my Thai girlfriend talked with the booth that sold us the service (no money down but 2000 baht upon instalation). The True booth was in the local Tesco store and took a photocopy of my passport as was needed. They never advised me I would need a second photocopy.

The Wednesday morning they were supposed to do the instalation they did not arrive or that afternoon either. My girlfriend then had a commitment for them to arrive the next morning - they didn't show again. After 1100 am she was told 1:30 and they arrived at 3 pm. They installed and set up the dish and reciever in about 1 hour then called their boss and handed me the phone. He wanted 2000 baht cash which I was aware of and had no problem with that. - he also wanted a copy of my passport which they had taken 6 days earlier.

He then said he would not activate the signal until I brought the passport in again for them to photocopy! I said no I will drive into their Tesco booth tomorrow (not the downtown main office on Pattaya Klang) and they can photocopy it again. He said that wasn't acceptable so I told him to remove the equipment they spent about 2 hours with travel time and I would pay them nothing. He said he would activate the system after I paid then brought the passport in to be photocopied again??? The 2 installers waited 15 minutes for him to phone them back which he didn't. They ended up taking all the equipment and reciever back with them with no money and no 6 month minimum payments for the service.

You got to love Thai business ethics.

what is the cost per month for satellite tv . i will be living in hat yai.and i am looking for the best service available. is it possible to put up my own satellite dish and pick up more channells . james

what is the cost per month for satellite tv . i will be living in hat yai.and i am looking for the best service available. is it possible to put up my own satellite dish and pick up more channells . james

Suggest you contact JSAT one of the forum sponsors and talk to them about what you need.

True depends on the service you want Gold is 1,500 Baht per month, Platinum is 2,000 Baht per month.

Almost all my bills come in English and Thai, True is no exception.

cheers,

• 10 months later...

If you want UK TV then try ThaiExpattv.

You get BBC 1 and 2, a few ITV channels, plus channel 4 more 4 and Film four. They delay them as well by 6 or 18 hours from live feed.

Cost 600 bhat a month (initially 900 bhat for first month) If you want a TV box its more upfront. But if you have a PC or laptop you can run the free software from that. Just need a monitor cable, a relevant port on the TV and Fn F8 press to swap screens.

They do a 2 day free trial so you can't lose.

You need at least 3Mb broadband.

I used it for Olympics no problems.

You can pay by paypal and set up monthly subs if you like it.

Cons only that you have limited channel choice. Although with True you have 200 channels of nothing to watch!!